Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:56 am

Hi,
I'm looking @ staying here on February.

Any recent data for the Platinum breakfast benefits at this location?
Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Southwest ALP & CP, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ehud
Hi,
I'm looking @ staying here on February.

Any recent data for the Platinum breakfast benefits at this location?
Thanks
I stayed in September of last year. Breakfast was a buffet served in the restaurant and was of good quality. A large selection of meats, cheeses, breads, eggs, juices, yogurt, etc.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by AJC724
I stayed in September of last year. Breakfast was a buffet served in the restaurant and was of good quality. A large selection of meats, cheeses, breads, eggs, juices, yogurt, etc.
Thanks. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Will be my very first legacy Marriott stay ever next week...

So what is the platinum amenity again? Breakfast AND 1000 points? or either/or ?

And hows the ambassador treatment here? Suite upgrade? Do they offer Ambassador amenity requests such as wine, cake, etc?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Southwest ALP & CP, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by supatight80
So what is the platinum amenity again? Breakfast AND 1000 points? or either/or ?

And hows the ambassador treatment here? Suite upgrade? Do they offer Ambassador amenity requests such as wine, cake, etc?
I think the amenity is either points OR breakfast (but who knows where this maps into the Bonvoy benefits chart)

I cannot speak specifically to Ambassador treatment, but I emailed ahead as a "Titanium" and was upgraded to a Duplex Junior Suite. Upon check in there was a box of chocolates and wine and after returning from dinner one night there was a dessert plate in the room with cake, macaron, etc.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:00 pm

As a titanium I was given both the breakfast and the 1000 points - as an Autograph Collection property the breakfast should be offered separate from the welcome amenity so all was well there.

Breakfast offered to me was the buffet which included numerous pastries, meats, and cheese, as well as hot food. They also allowed each of us to order 1 item from the regular menu. I believe they are granting Platinum (50 night) members the buffet and Titanium/Ambassador (75+ night) the additional menu option since it seemed like they were checking status against as list, but I'm not 100% certain. The distinction could also have been based on a rate type that included breakfast. Either way the buffet was more than enough on it's own and the menu items made it even better, with choices including Eggs Benedict, pancakes, crepes, grilled fish, and many other choices.

In addition as Titanium we were upgraded to an "Exclusive" larger room in the San Clemintino wing of the hotel - I suspect they would have offered an even further upgrade if I hadn't needed 2 beds for this stay. The waiters in the hotel bar/restaurant as well as the concierge desk staff were extremely helpful and remembered us after the first day.

As a side note- if you do stay, make sure you take a detour in the -1 floor - you can see the ruins of the Roman baths through glass panels in the floor outside the conference rooms. Also, from the 4th floor of the San Clemintino wing you can see the original roof of what was the ~15th century papal granary (Under Pope Clementine, for whom the wing is named.)
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by AJC724
I think the amenity is either points OR breakfast (but who knows where this maps into the Bonvoy benefits chart)

I cannot speak specifically to Ambassador treatment, but I emailed ahead as a "Titanium" and was upgraded to a Duplex Junior Suite. Upon check in there was a box of chocolates and wine and after returning from dinner one night there was a dessert plate in the room with cake, macaron, etc.
Stayed here 2 weeks ago. I have to admit that front desks are amazing.

But for Ambassador treatment, i had none like yours...Sorta bummed out as this was my first Marriott stay in europe ever.

Only had 2 lifetime legacy marriott stays and got zero specials like yours.

The only saving grace was that all staffs were creme de la creme
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I’m a plat elite here now for my honeymoon. Room was upgraded from base classic to an ”Exclusive”. Was trying to figure out why traffic noise was so loud before I figured out that during turn down service they opened the windows but closed the blinds

Anyways, when getting breakfast there was some confusion and they had to call the front desk.

Silver/Gold: €20 credit towards €35 breakfast.
Platinum: Free €35 buffet
Titanium/Ambassador: €35 buffet + al la carte menu included

I had asked for a suite upgrade but didn’t get it but am now thinking they might’ve given preferential treatment to Titanium/Ambassador.

Edit: On the second morning for breakfast they handed us a menu and said it was included. Menu items range from 13-16 euro on top of buffet if paying separately but I was not charged. Honestly don’t think it’s that much better but the poached eggs were pretty good. On my third morning they didn’t give a menu but I asked for one and they said it wasn’t included. When I said that I had it the day prior they begrudgingly gave it to me. Seemed more trouble than it was worth since the normal buffet was already pretty good.

Last edited by Lookoutitzsean; May 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist

between this and the other authograph collection, which would people chose in Rome?

Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Curious about the legality of what this property is doing WRT award redemption...

Looking to book one night next month - Classic room (60K points) not available, only Superior (60K points +110 EUR), sucks but what can you do.

I check a few months later for comparison - Superior is NOW only a 40 EUR/night supplement to Classic.

Is this allowed? Feels like variable pricing which isn't quite in place yet w/Marriott.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:45 am

What’s the story with taxes and fees at this hotel? I was making a booking for 3 nights, saw the room rate at €240, then prior to confirming noticed that it was 240 x 3 PLUS €90 in taxes/fees . I understand the €6 per day occupancy fee, but thought that under EU regs hotels are obliged to give an ‘all-in’ price for everything else. Then checked the Westin: same issue. Le Meridien, no, it’s just the €6 per day ( as well as being less than 1/2 the rate). Is this some additional luxury/ 5* tax that the 3/4* hotels ( like LeM) don’t charge?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I completed a 4 night stay at this hotel last week on a prepaid booking. On checkout I was asked to pay €14/night tax, didn't give it much thought honestly.

I've just had a look at the reservation and everything reconciles:
1. Total on reservation included this tax
2. Pre-pay amount charged on credit card excluded this tax
3. Once tax was paid the total amount I paid reconciled with what the Marriott website quoted

My reservation email doesn't mention any additional taxes though.

As an aside: We had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to a top floor superior room as a Titanium, which had plentiful space, but was no suite upgrade. It also had no view, we were facing the back of the hotel. It felt to me like the classic Marriott 'one category upgrade' approach in action, which seems to live on in a lot of the legacy properties.

Location is reasonable, it was convenient being next to the main city station and next to some restaurants a little bit less touristy. We chose to walk to most of the sights. For the Vatican you can take the Subway literally in front of the hotel directly to the Museums, which was very convenient.

The breakfast is excellent. As noted earlier in the thread, Titaniums get the full buffet plus one item each off the menu (for 2 people). Average price is €15 per menu item so this represents a significant saving, we saved €120 over the course of the stay. If you are below Titanium I would not pay the price though, the buffet should be sufficient.

If I was returning to Rome I would be happy to stay again, although I'd focus on finding an off-peak time. The weekend I stayed was one of the cheapest rates I could find prior to Christmas at <€300 per night. I would find it very difficult to justify a rate greater than this.

Minor irritations to note:
1. They will not loan charger cables. You have to leave your phone with them at reception. They also lacked one compatible with the Galaxy S8/9/10, so I had to trek to the station to buy one.
2. The stay hasn't posted automatically. This is a rare occurrence now but annoying nonetheless.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:21 am

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve stayed there before, when it was called something else, and enjoyed it. But at close to €300, including taxes, it’s a bit more than I’d like to pay for it. Now that Repubblica station has reopened, its rather convenient...whereas Barberini , closest to the Westin, remains closed ( 8 months already).
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:10 am

Need your recommendation: I will be staying at the property for 6 night in April using points and am Gold status. How do you suggest I approach getting an upgraded room? Who should I contact?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Marriott Bonvoy Loses Four Dedica Anthology (Autograph Collection) Hotels In Europe

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/01/07/...els-in-europe/

Rome – Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Budapest – New York Palace, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Prague – Carlo IV, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Venice – Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.