Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:15 pm

Try contacting the hotel directly - I did 3 months before my trip and they got me in.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
This sums up FT. While I do at times become defensive in post, this is a typical travel snob response. Now I understand the FT community reputation on reddit.
Yeah I know. I am ignoring him/her.

aaupgrade, been looking for couple of months. SPG still has availability across the board (don't have enough points though) but nothing on Marriott. Same goes for Grand Flora as well. Nada.

Seems to be a pattern with Marriott.

Originally Posted by chitownjeff
Try contacting the hotel directly - I did 3 months before my trip and they got me in.
I didn't know properties can be contacted directly for an award stay. Will do. Cheers!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carsnoceans

SPG still has availability across the board (don't have enough points though)
Tut, tut.

You mean to say that you don't have enough points for a Category 2 property that is now the Sheraton Roma?

Of course, we can't all be travel snobs, XYYZZ, can we?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-12.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Seriously, must we have so much name-calling? I could go into a number of posts here and edit them, but I'd rather let the insults stand as an example of what's not allowed! We are entirely free to criticize ideas and even Marriott itself, but we cannot insult each other as individuals. This thread has really lost its way. No more, OK?

Bruce
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Tut, tut.

You mean to say that you don't have enough points for a Category 2 property that is now the Sheraton Roma?

Of course, we can't all be travel snobs, XYYZZ, can we?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-12.html
Regis or Westin would be my preference.

But you can go with the Sheraton in your "shoulder season".

Arrivederci

PS - i am a travel snob. i LOVE luxury travel on miles/points. Probably good part of FT community does too. Maybe you need to re-think your presence on FT.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carsnoceans

PS - i am a travel snob. i LOVE luxury travel on miles/points.

Well, the shoe certainly fits, eh, ZZYZXROAD?

Next time, hopefully you won't shoot your mouth off so readily with such little understanding of things.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Seriously? Can you two take it to PM so the rest of FT that is interested in the property can read about the property or post their trip reports or get their questions answered or have helpful info provided when asked, such as aaupgrade's response. Geesh. BTW - the next person that stays at the property, if you can post what they do wrt brekkie I'll update the exec lounge sticky with the info.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Seriously? Can you two take it to PM so the rest of FT that is interested in the property can read about the property or post their trip reports or get their questions answered or have helpful info provided when asked, such as aaupgrade's response. Geesh. BTW - the next person that stays at the property, if you can post what they do wrt brekkie I'll update the exec lounge sticky with the info.

Cheers.
Well, then you no doubt suggested that it be incorporated into this pre-existing thread on the subject hotel for simplicity's sake.

Oh, right, you didn't!

Should you actually begin to understand some of my comments, you would doubtless learn that one of my major objections to the original thread was that it was a vanity complaint pertaining to a hotel with a pre-exisiting thread presence here on F/T.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Mar 12, 2015 at 9:46 am
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
OK, this is really and truly the end of all the bickering. I'm one of the most patient and liberal moderators, allowing people to debate at an intensity that might not be allowed everywhere, but I've had enough. Any additional posts that primarily snipe at another poster will be summarily deleted, without discussion. They will simply be gone, as soon as I see them. Nobody wants to read endless posts of us insulting each other.

Bruce
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
So bogus for them to not offer regular rooms (Classic) for redemption but have them for sale this summer. Obviously, facing a ticking clock with the rate change coming up in a few days as well.

Premium rooms are available, but the cash part is so much that it doesn't make it very feasible.

Oh well.
Rasheed
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
So bogus for them to not offer regular rooms (Classic) for redemption but have them for sale this summer. Obviously, facing a ticking clock with the rate change coming up in a few days as well.

Premium rooms are available, but the cash part is so much that it doesn't make it very feasible.

Oh well.
Rasheed
Yeah this hotel looks fabulous and the extra Euro a night rate is a total gouge. I moved on to Paris instead this summer. If this hotel was affordable in July for me with points, Rome over Paris but not this year.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Just wanted to say to keep trying, it looks like this property came through for me at 40k per night via the web. Perhaps someone noticed that they were selling base rooms, but not offering them for redemption. I think capacity controlled is allowed, but I think it was a bit heavy. In fact Flora became available too.

There is just a few days left to get the better redemption rate to save the 5k per night.

I understand the rooftop breakfast feature of Flora comparison, but are there any other sentiments on this hotel to mention? I need to decide which property to stay at.

Rasheed

Last edited by rasheed; Mar 15, 2015 at 3:50 am
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Sharon,

Have 3 nights booked in April - will report back when I return. ^

Thanks!
Sara
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
microwave access

We are booked in this hotel for 5 days in April and was wondering if anyone knows if they have Microwaves in the lounge or any public areas? I called the hotel and had a hard time getting the reception to understand what a microwave is. I am platinum so should have access to the lounge.

We wanted to see if there would be Microwaves available for our kids.

Also do they have any rooms with refrigerators?

In most hotels in the US they are actually able to bring me refrigerators or microwaves to my hotel room if they dont have a room with a microwave/fridge. Is that the case in Europe too?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cover point
We are booked in this hotel for 5 days in April and was wondering if anyone knows if they have Microwaves in the lounge or any public areas? I called the hotel and had a hard time getting the reception to understand what a microwave is. I am platinum so should have access to the lounge.

We wanted to see if there would be Microwaves available for our kids.

Also do they have any rooms with refrigerators?

In most hotels in the US they are actually able to bring me refrigerators or microwaves to my hotel room if they dont have a room with a microwave/fridge. Is that the case in Europe too?
I think that your expectations are quite high, even for a 5 star property. There may be some of those appliances in suites, unlikely in regular rooms and unlikely to have refrigerators, as well. There was a mention of a lounge, but not sure that a European lounge would have microwave for guest use. I never have seen one in an American one, so doubtful in a European one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.