Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 18, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nazdoom View Post
This was the first hotel I've stayed in (I have elite status with 4 chains and Marriott Gold) where the staff told me there'd be a charge to request a plate so I could eat the pizza I bought in my room. I understand upcharges but when you're paying over 300/night it really dampens the experience when they so clearly try to nickel and dime you.
It's never crossed my mind to ask a hotel for plate/utensils to eat takeout/delivery I've brought in from elsewhere. It's an expense on their part to provide it from their restaurant...I don't see it as unreasonable to have a (small) charge for this.

Besides...takeout pizza?? I can usually wing that one without a plate. @:-)
Old Jan 12, 18, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Anyway, didn't come to this thread to talk about pizza. I have a question about the TripAdvisor reviews: they're gushing about the breakfast at the Flora, saying it's a spectacular view and breakfast includes free Champagne. They're so-so about the Boscolo, saying it's okay and includes Prosecco. I'm currently holding a reservation to the Boscolo and don't plan on switching just in hopes of better bubbly (figure there's a 50% chance the TA poster was mistaken about the Champagne, as complimentary bubbly is usually from elsewhere), but for those who have stayed at both: is the Boscolo breakfast a circus and the Flora sublime experience?

Rates are the same - I picked the Boscolo because the general consensus seemed to be that it's a slightly better location for a general tourism stay.
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
We stayed at the Boscolo in September, although I can't provide a comparison to the Flora. We were very satisfied with the breakfast and found it comparable to other high-end properties.

Otherwise the property is very nice- we had a Panorama room overlooking the Piazza.
Old Jan 13, 18, 2:39 am

Stayed at both last year. Each time for 3-4 nights. Much prefer the breakfast at the Boscolo, although the view in the Flora is better. I also like the location of the Boscolo, but that would depend on your needs.
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:12 pm

New hotel in Rome

Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Anyway, didn't come to this thread to talk about pizza. I have a question about the TripAdvisor reviews: they're gushing about the breakfast at the Flora, saying it's a spectacular view and breakfast includes free Champagne. They're so-so about the Boscolo, saying it's okay and includes Prosecco. I'm currently holding a reservation to the Boscolo and don't plan on switching just in hopes of better bubbly (figure there's a 50% chance the TA poster was mistaken about the Champagne, as complimentary bubbly is usually from elsewhere), but for those who have stayed at both: is the Boscolo breakfast a circus and the Flora sublime experience?

Rates are the same - I picked the Boscolo because the general consensus seemed to be that it's a slightly better location for a general tourism stay.
Did you check the rate at this new hotel?
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

​​​​​​​
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Apr 14, 18, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Haven't stayed at the Boscolo but very familiar with the location.

I don't feel the location is better. The Piazza della Reppublica is a very hectic, noisy traffic circle, and it's right by the train station (then again, so is the St. Regis). I usually give a demerit to "right by the train station" but if you need to walk to/from the train station then it's better.

I liked the more relaxed Via Veneto location of the Flora, They are one kilometer apart. Both are the same walking distance from the Trevi (1.2 km) and the Flora is 1.8 km from the Pantheon vs. 1.9 for the Boscolo Exedra.

Boscolo closer to some sights (Mueso Nazionale, Campodoglio), Flora closer to others (Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese).

The real difference in their sites is that you have to walk a little uphill to the Flora.

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 15, 18 at 6:12 pm
Old Apr 14, 18, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip View Post

Did you check the rate at this new hotel?
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

I booked a night there. Also keeping a night at another (SPG) property in case they don't open on time. Will cancel one or the other.

I stayed at the Boscolo Exedra last time I was in Rome. I thought it was a great location, yes, close to but not directly next to the train station. It's a short walk to the train station.

Anyway, having stayed there last time, this time I wanted to try something else.

-David
Old Apr 30, 18, 9:22 am

Just finished our week at the Boscolo / Naiadi. Overall, it was an excellent hotel and a very good stay for us.

Location: it's not "right by the station" to the point where you're affected by station traffic, noise, etc. It's a 5-7 minute walk. We had three daytrips during our weeklong stay (Florence, Naples, and Orvieto), so we were happy to have some proximity to the station. The hotel is also directly on top of the metro, which makes your trip over to the Vatican or down to the Colosseum quick and easy. I don't think any of the Marriotts/Starwoods in central Rome are in a *bad* location, but I'd rate this hotel the best if you think you're going to need a train or metro anywhere, and the Pantheon Iconic the best if your entire stay is going to be in Rome and you can handle everything on foot.

Room: we had specifically requested two twins, so this may have taken us out of the running for significant upgrades. We were given a nice room at the end of a floor facing the street behind the hotel with minimal noise. We were pretty happy with it. Lots of floor space in the room, which we were *not* expecting given the note on the website that the room had a hard limit of 2 people. We may have been given a minor upgrade from a smaller room type - I don't know and it wasn't mentioned. Room basics like Wifi strength/speed, hot water, lighting, number/location of power outlets, etc. were all more than adequate.

Breakfast: the "continental" portion of the buffet was great - good meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, and juices to choose from. The "British" portion of the buffet left a little to be desired...eggs, sausages, something approximating bacon, and some kind of potato were all a little bit off in my opinion. I saw one or two people ordering more of an American-style breakfast from the menu, but we never tried it. (Eggs benedict was one thing I noticed being ordered.) They don't start serving in the restaurant until 7AM, but there is 24-hour room service if you need it.

Last edited by pinniped; May 21, 18 at 9:28 am
Old Apr 30, 18, 11:11 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 18, 2:59 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Breakfast: the "continental" portion of the buffet was great - good meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, and juices to choose from. The "British" portion of the buffet left a little to be desired...eggs, sausages, something approximating bacons, and some kind of potato were all a little bit off in my opinion. I saw one or two people ordering more of an American-style breakfast from the menu, but we never tried it. (Eggs benedict was one thing I noticed being ordered.)
Thanks for the update. I'll be staying here in a couple weeks. Were the menu items, English/American Breakfast and Eggs Benedict, included with the Plat breakfast? Thx - Bob
Old Apr 30, 18, 4:13 pm

I don't know whether the menu items were included or not. I actually never saw or was offered a menu. We were content with the continental offerings. (The English items on the buffet were definitely included.)

It's possible that we could have had eggs to order or any number of other things every day, but usually we just wanted to grab something quick and go.

So I guess I should clarify my earlier post: I did see people order, but I did not actually see a menu.
Old Apr 30, 18, 4:48 pm

I don't know whether the menu items were included or not. I actually never saw or was offered a menu. We were content with the continental offerings. (The English items on the buffet were definitely included.)
Cool. I may well order Eggs Benedict one morning, or ask if they're included, and report back after my visit.
Old Apr 30, 18, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Menu items at breakfast incur a charge.
Old May 21, 18, 8:38 am

I am sitting in the lobby after checking out of a 4 night stay at 4 PM as my flight is not until 10:40 PM. Had an excellent stay.

We also had 2 twins guaranteed so we were upgraded to a superior room on the 3rd floor facing the street at the back of the hotel. We had a balcony which the doors opened to. No table or chairs, but was nice to step out each morning and get a sense of what the day would bring and also let in some fresh air. The room was a very nice size with 15 foot ceilings and plush carpet.

The first morning when we went to breakfast they seated us and didn't say much so we helped ourselves to the buffet and I didn't think of asking about menu items. The second day when the hostess seated us, she indicated it was our second day and asked if we we aware of what was available. I said it was our second day, but no one had mentioned what was included. She then said that we could order an item from the menu in addition to the buffet offering. We each ordered an omelette and then helped ourselves to fruit and pastries from the buffet. The Omelette was excellent. The last day I had the Eggs Benedict which were one of the best I have ever had; very small and thin pieces of lightly toasted bread with a poached egg engulfing it and crispy bacon on the side. The bacon available from the buffet was flopsy in the English/European style. Pineapple and strawberries were exceptionally good, and so was the chocolate croissants and fresh squeezed orange juice. They also had regular orange juice, pineapple, blueberry and a couple other juices I did not take note of.

Bed was very firm with no pillowtop; but despite that I slept great.

In addition to 500 platinum arrival gift a box of french truffles were delivered to the room.

I did visit the Pantheon Iconic Rome Hotel and it is beautiful as one would expect for a new hotel. It is more botiquish with small lobby and reception and black marble floors; whereas the Dedica Anthology, has a vast lobby with 40 foot high ceilings where I am sitting right now, with marble inlay floors, huge chandelier, baby grand piano, and a variety of seating for about 50 people with lots of empty space remaining. I went up to the 6th floor and checked out their breakfast. While not as vast as the Dedica Anthology, it seemed very nice. I rode down the elevator with a couple who was staying there and told them I was staying at the Dedica Anthology hotel and was just checking it out and asked their opinion. The woman said their beds are the best she has ever slept in. She also said that she had stayed at Dedica Anthology (Boscolo Exedra) and that the Pantheon Iconic hotel was better. Next time I may try it. It is in the midst of tourist central, which I know bothers some. I'm a tourist, so that's OK. Although I can't find much wrong with The Dedica Anthology hotel.

As far as walking, that's the only mode of transportation I did during my 4 day stay. To play the broken record, I walk a lot so loved it. As Pinniped mentioned, it is convenient for the metro and train station for those who are not so inclined to lots of walking.
atlion25 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: DLDmd1M, Marriott LTPlt, Hilton Dmd, Hyatt Dmd & too many others to be paying taxes in my hometown
Firm bed - ask for a topper

Originally Posted by aaupgrade View Post
Bed was very firm with no pillowtop; but despite that I slept great.
We've stayed at this hotel several times. Each time I requested a soft bed...except for one. It was the exact same room we had stayed the time before, so we knew something was off. When I commented that it was too firm, they offered to send someone up. It was late, so we declined. We ensured that was requested the next time. That said, if you like a softer bed, ensure the hotel is aware.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: