Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Aug 30, 16, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles View Post
I just got back from Rome. I stayed in the same Piazza Republica neighborhood,(at the St.Regis), but after stumbling accross the Boscolo Exedra, I wished I had stayed there instead. I don't think this is the most ideal location for walking in Rome but it is convenient to both the Metro and the Main Train Station (Termini).
I am at the Exedra presently. It is as beautiful as ever. Was upgraded to a larger room. They remembered us from two previous visits and were warmly welcomed.m

They knew it was my birthday and sent up a cake, fruit and champagne. Nice!
Old Dec 17, 16, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed here and it was excellent. Great location from which you are able to either walk to most of Rome or get the metro from the line next to the hotel.

The hotel is really a grand hotel. Prices of food and drink are grand too - but there are lots of good trattorias nearby where you can get excellent food and drinks.

I was booked on points and was upgraded to what I think is a Deluxe King, which was very nice, with a nice balcony.

Breakfast was included for free in the restaurant. Plenty of food (including cake!)

In summary, highly recommended.

T
Old Dec 17, 16, 6:39 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
We were there for 5 nights over several stays in November and we loved the place. Great rooms and nice staff. I booked my kid in there on points last week on her way home from a semester in Rome and they upgraded her to a two level suite and gave her breakfast. She didn't want to come home.
Old Mar 27, 17, 6:33 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I have stayed 450 nights at SPG and 11 nights at Marriott and so I was thinking about trying out some Marriott properties after the Platinum status match.
I spent a weekend at the Boscolo Exedra and overall I was a bit disappointed. The location is good and the hotel lobby looks really nice. I got upgraded to a "better room" which was very small with only a small window (I wonder how the non upgraded room would have looked). The breakfast was crowded and extremely loud. Late check-out did not work. First they confirmed 3.00pm and then they said that this "is not on file" and that the check-out time is 10.00am(!). This experience will not make me excited about the Marriott/Starwood merger at all...
Old Mar 27, 17, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sorry your stay was disappointing. Since several FTers have posted re: nice upgrades, good service from staff, etc, including the several right above yours, you might have had a 1-off experience.

Cheers.
Old May 29, 17, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Does anyone know what time the breakfast buffet opens?
Old May 30, 17, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
My wife and I think 6 (from our visit last year). The hotel is VERY responsive to email. Call reservations and get their email address if you want to confirm.
Old Jun 4, 17, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
Does anyone know what time the breakfast buffet opens?
7am from what I remember.
Old Jun 9, 17, 1:35 pm

^ Yes confirming the 7am breakfast start time.

I just got back from a great stay at this property. I booked with points for the lowest tier room, and received a whopping 5-category upgrade to the duplex junior suite! We're only Gold member, so that was a very nice surprise.
tbrein likes this.
Old Sep 1, 17, 2:52 pm

Staying here for six nights. Booked a Panorama Room and got upgraded to an Executive Suite. Wow! It is over the top. 1300 sq ft. Two levels and more than I could have ever asked for.
To be honest, they know us here and took care of us very well when my husband was sick a number of years ago. However, this is a our fourth stay and the first time we have received an upgrade

Last edited by tbrein; Sep 1, 17 at 2:58 pm
Old Sep 1, 17, 2:55 pm

Deleted
Old Sep 1, 17, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Is anyone very familiar with the Panorama rooms who could tell me if all of them have balconies or just some? Are they step-out balconies? Do all of them face the fountain? If not, what other views do they offer? Is it worth paying extra for these? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 17, 11:38 am

This was the first hotel I've stayed in (I have elite status with 4 chains and Marriott Gold) where the staff told me there'd be a charge to request a plate so I could eat the pizza I bought in my room. I understand upcharges but when you're paying over 300/night it really dampens the experience when they so clearly try to nickel and dime you.
tbrein likes this.
Old Sep 2, 17, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Nazdoom View Post
This was the first hotel I've stayed in (I have elite status with 4 chains and Marriott Gold) where the staff told me there'd be a charge to request a plate so I could eat the pizza I bought in my room. I understand upcharges but when you're paying over 300/night it really dampens the experience when they so clearly try to nickel and dime you.
Presumably if you had bought the pizza from them, there'd be no charge.

Cheers.
Old Sep 3, 17, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI View Post
Is anyone very familiar with the Panorama rooms who could tell me if all of them have balconies or just some? Are they step-out balconies? Do all of them face the fountain? If not, what other views do they offer? Is it worth paying extra for these? Thanks.
Panorama rooms all face the fountain of the Piazza Della Repubblica. The is just a step out balcony. I love these rooms and always book them. Worth it in my opinion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: