FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1539291-palazzo-naiadi-dedica-anthology-rome-italy-master-thread.html)

tbrein Mar 26, 2016 7:26 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26387714)
Also interested if the club lounge is still open. There is no mention of it on the website, but it does not seem like it was something worth visiting anyway. Also, what is the quality of rooms here? Looking for something elegant, but with modern amenities in a walkable location. The SPG properties on Via Veneto are too Old World and the Grand Flora's rooms look very dated for the rates.

There is no club lounge. It is called the VIP Lounge and is open to all guests. There are two computers for use, coffee, tea and water. Nothing special.
Don't count on an upgrade even if you are platinum. I have stayed at this hotel twice and would return in a heartbeat. It is not a Marriott but a Boscolo in their Autograph Collection. They have their own set of rules.

Kacee Mar 26, 2016 9:10 am

Originally Posted by tbrein (Post 26389231)
It is not a Marriott but a Boscolo in their Autograph Collection. They have their own set of rules.

Don't understand this comment. Autograph Collection published benefits are the same as Marriott.

SkiAdcock Mar 26, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26387714)
Also interested if the club lounge is still open. There is no mention of it on the website, but it does not seem like it was something worth visiting anyway. Also, what is the quality of rooms here? Looking for something elegant, but with modern amenities in a walkable location. The SPG properties on Via Veneto are too Old World and the Grand Flora's rooms look very dated for the rates.

* Rome / Boscola Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; Full breakfast in restaurant daily; 07/16/15 update

SkyTeam777 Mar 26, 2016 10:41 am

Originally Posted by tbrein (Post 26389231)
There is no club lounge. It is called the VIP Lounge and is open to all guests. There are two computers for use, coffee, tea and water. Nothing special.
Don't count on an upgrade even if you are platinum. I have stayed at this hotel twice and would return in a heartbeat. It is not a Marriott but a Boscolo in their Autograph Collection. They have their own set of rules.

Thanks, I am most interested in the location and walking distance to shopping and sights.

tbrein Mar 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26389570)
Don't understand this comment. Autograph Collection published benefits are the same as Marriott.

They are not quick to upgrade--even platinums. There is no lounge, but golds and plats get free breakfast in the breakfast room from the buffet. Ordering from the menu is extra.

While they are reluctant to upgrade, they were very nice to us when my husband became ill and was hospitalized. We had to stay five extra days and they accommodated us at a reduced rate without my even asking.

tbrein Mar 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26389919)
Thanks, I am most interested in the location and walking distance to shopping and sights.

The Via Veneto is walking distance as is the Trevi Fountain and Coliseum and some other sights. Borghese Gallery is nearby too. However other sights require the Metro, which is right next to the hotel, or a taxi.

The Roma Pass is a good idea. Gets you unlimited rides on the metro and entrance a few museums. You can buy it for the number of days you need it.

It all depends on how much you are able to walk.

SkyTeam777 Mar 27, 2016 9:37 am

We are considering the duplex suites, which look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with those?

Kacee Mar 27, 2016 9:50 am

Originally Posted by tbrein (Post 26392297)
The Via Veneto is walking distance as is the Trevi Fountain and Coliseum and some other sights. Borghese Gallery is nearby too. However other sights require the Metro, which is right next to the hotel, or a taxi.

I would add that it's a longish walk, but certainly manageable.

The location is very close to Roma Termini, so convenient, though not particularly charming. Crossing Piazza della Republica in front of the hotel can be a death defying experience.

Originally Posted by tbrein (Post 26392274)
They are not quick to upgrade--even platinums. There is no lounge, but golds and plats get free breakfast in the breakfast room from the buffet. Ordering from the menu is extra.

But that's property specific, has nothing to do with it being an Autograph Collection. If you read reviews of, for example, Boscolo Budapest (another European Autograph Collection property), you'll see they are very generous with upgrades.

The breakfast benefit is as published for full service Marriotts (excepting Edition).

tbrein Mar 27, 2016 10:07 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26393756)
We are considering the duplex suites, which look pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with those?

Yes, they are nice. Bed is in the loft upstairs and the living room is downstairs. Sofa, I think opens up. We were only two and didn't need it for additional sleeping room.

Bathroom is downstairs if this makes a difference.

We loved the additional space, but did not book this room on our second visit. On our first trip we got the room at a very low rate. However, now the rate is exorbitant, even with points. We find that a panorama room overlooking the Piazza della Repubblica is sufficient for our needs. The bathroom is the same size as that in the duplex suite. Cost is much more reasonable.

SkyTeam777 Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am

LOVED this hotel! But, oddly, points have not posted after 7 days...is this common with Boscolo properties?

tbrein Jun 15, 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26777325)
LOVED this hotel! But, oddly, points have not posted after 7 days...is this common with Boscolo properties?

I would call Marriott customer service. On the two occasions that I have stayed at this hotel there have been a problem with points. I had to fax my bill to Marriott. I did not receive the proper amount of points for the stay.

I hope you still have your bill.

WalruSara Jun 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 26777325)

I've had to chase points at this property. I do think there's a disconnect in the Marriott system with Boscolo properties. They called me the first night to ask my maiden name even though my name has been changed with Marriott for two years and I've stayed at the Rome property twice under my married name.

I requested a copy of my bill via the Marriott website and uploaded it to get the points credited. They had spelled my last name wrong on the bill, so I'm going to assume that was the issue.

igoncrazy Jun 25, 2016 11:58 pm

All-

Is it worth staying at Boscolo on points plus $80 euros a night or better off finding another location?

I generally prefer to pay points only, but no luck finding 'points only' redemption for the dates we want.

tbrein Jun 26, 2016 8:12 am

Originally Posted by igoncrazy (Post 26831681)
All-

Is it worth staying at Boscolo on points plus $80 euros a night or better off finding another location?

I generally prefer to pay points only, but no luck finding 'points only' redemption for the dates we want.

IMO it is. This is a beautiful hotel and very good service. I feel it's worth the extra money. YMMV.
I will be staying there this summer for the third time using points and cash.
I hope you enjoy Rome, whatever your decision.

Leisuremiles Aug 29, 2016 3:21 pm

I just got back from Rome. I stayed in the same Piazza Republica neighborhood,(at the St.Regis), but after stumbling accross the Boscolo Exedra, I wished I had stayed there instead. I don't think this is the most ideal location for walking in Rome but it is convenient to both the Metro and the Main Train Station (Termini).