Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
We stayed at the Exedra in August before we were supposed to go on a cruise. My husband became ill and had to be hospitalized and have surgery in Rome.

This staff in this hotel went out of their way to help us in every possible way. We missed our cruise, had to stay an extra 5 days while my husband recuperated and they could not do enough for us.

We originally were on a package with a special rate in a duplex room. We could not keep that room because my husband was unable to climb the stairs. They changed our room and gave us a reduced rate for the extra five days that we had to stay.

I am a Marriott platinum member and maybe that helped, but they were just helpful in every way. They translated medical records for us, let us use the concierge phone to change our flight reservations, extended the special package that we couldn't use during my husband's illness, and more things, than I can think of right now.

They really went above and beyond what was expected of them and I cannot praise the staff enough. I would not hesitate to go back. In fact we are returning next summer so that we can enjoy Rome and take the cruise that didn't happen this year.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Have a question not necessarily relating to this hotel but more Marriott in general - I booked a prepaid room at the Boscolo Exedra Roma for next week at 243 EUR/night - seemed reasonable at the time. Rechecked rates today just for giggles and of course the cheapest class room (classic I believe?) is down to 204 EUR/night. Do I have any recourse or will Marriott throw something at me? Normally I wouldn't care, but 40 EUR/night is one heckuva reduction. Really irritates me that I overpaid this much.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Award stay in Rome

I have a heap of marriott points that has been rotting away for couple of years. Just can never find a points redemption on high-end properties. Their "no blackout dates" policy is a joke. I wonder if they open more than 1room for awards.

Now struggling to find a 5-day stay in Rome but nothing seems to be available. Boscola had a suite available suite available at 40K+800euro/day! What kind of a ridiculously, stupid offer is it? Standard rooms available at around 300euros but nothing on award stays.

Does Marriott open award inventory as it gets closer to stay period?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
800 Euro per night and the points, that's a problem with MR. That hotel never offers a free night in summer.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Why in the heck would anyone want to spend one day in Rome in the summer -- they would need their head examined!

The shoulder season is the best time to visit Rome for seasonable and reasonable weather.

Try then, OP, and don't be a drama queen about your supposed inability to find 5 nights to string together!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Why in the heck would anyone want to spend one day in Rome in the summer -- they would need their head examined!

The shoulder season is the best time to visit Rome for seasonable and reasonable weather.

Try then, OP, and don't be a drama queen about your supposed inability to find 5 nights to string together!
tsk tsk
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Boscola had a suite available suite available at 40K+800euro/day! What kind of a ridiculously, stupid offer is it? Standard rooms available at around 300euros but nothing on award stays.
LNF is your friend regarding Boscolo Exedra, and you will be fine staying during summer months.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Have you considered the brand spanking new JW Marriott in Venice?

I just booked five nights there for July--not a problem. And no co-pays.

As an aside--I have never found any issue booking any MR property one year ahead. Yes--that is what I do. And if I need to cancel--I have usually until a day or two prior to arrival--at zero cost.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Have you considered the brand spanking new JW Marriott in Venice?

I just booked five nights there for July--not a problem. And no co-pays.

As an aside--I have never found any issue booking any MR property one year ahead. Yes--that is what I do. And if I need to cancel--I have usually until a day or two prior to arrival--at zero cost.
1. Not going to Venice. I have no control over this part.

2. We can argue "appropriate planning period" till day turns to night but one year is too far ahead (for me). Looking 3-5mos prior, has been a difficult task. In 2014, I wasn't able to get award bookings on trips to several of my trips - Hawaii, Mexico, LA, SF.... whereas Hyatt/SPG were available everytime (and, I did stay there). And, properties were fairly comparable i.e. I didnt compare JW availability against an airport Hyatt Regency.

Exdon, I'll LNF it but when I tried it for a Europe stay last year. Marriott vetoed them everytime on currency difference.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:13 am
Suspended

tsk tsk
tsk tsk?

What about the over the top hyperbole that one can't find 5 nights to string together, when all you are really complaining about is a brief period over the summer -- and that such award stays are achievable at other times of the year?

Tsk, tsk, indeed.

By the way, this would have been better placed in a general Rome thread, but you seem to think that what befalls you is of significant importance.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

This sums up FT. While I do at times become defensive in post, this is a typical travel snob response. Now I understand the FT community reputation on reddit.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
The problem is that it is a little late to be planning an award stay at high demand properties during high demand periods, unless one has a bit of flexibilty. Award nights for Boscolo Exedra are available on the following nights if it is of any help:

June 3, 16, 19, 21, 22, 26, July 2, 3, 9, 10, 20, 21, 25, 28, 31, Aug 2-4, 6, 8-14, 16-Sep 3

In June and July there are a smattering of dates, and August is wide open with the exception of 3 nights.

To answer your question: No, awards generally don't open up as you get closer to your stay. Quite the contrary, available dates for standard awards disappear as Classic guest rooms are sold out. Classic guest rooms appear to be Boscolo Exedra's version of a "standard" room. The only way an award would open up is if someone were to cancel a Classic guest room reservation.

I hope that helps.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD

This sums up FT. While I do at times become defensive in post, this is a typical travel snob response. Now I understand the FT community reputation on reddit.
You better get a dictionary.

A travel snob would put down those who stay at lesser places or for lesser $$.

I am advocating the opposite -- the shoulder season is less money, not more which is the summer season.

Whether or not that reputation is well deserved -- and it probably can be apt when folks only wish to fly Business or First Class over my preferred Economy Class, the Marriott board is not a dwelling place for snobs.

Witness the exceedingly few posts concerning Ritz properties as opposed to the rest of the Marriott portfolio.

Want to see a forum with snobs -- go to IHG where most posts center on the Intercontinental properties -- and what one obtains as a RA or Ambassador on the company dime or from one's own pocket.

Rather than my being a snob, you appear to be no more than an illiterate and uninformed fool. @:-)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Like the Munich Airport Marriott thread, the OP overstates the case by a mile and is complaining of a specific hotel as if it is the only Marriott hotel in Rome suitable for him and his family -- if that is not snobbish then I don't know what is.

After all, nothing is requested or asked with respect to the Courtyard Central Park or the Marriott Rome Park Central.

So, take that, XXYYZZZZZZ, you have misidentified the wrong individual as a snob.

Yes, I find what you said about me offensive -- especially since it is anything but true -- and I responded in kind.

Therefore, for all of the above reasons, this thread deserves to be folded into the pre-existing thread on this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ome-italy.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:47 pm

I have a heap of marriott points that has been rotting away for couple of years. Just can never find a points redemption on high-end properties. Their "no blackout dates" policy is a joke. I wonder if they open more than 1room for awards.

Now struggling to find a 5-day stay in Rome but nothing seems to be available. Boscola had a suite available suite available at 40K+800euro/day! What kind of a ridiculously, stupid offer is it? Standard rooms available at around 300euros but nothing on award stays.

Does Marriott open award inventory as it gets closer to stay period?
have you tried the Grand Flora? I booked three rooms there in March 2012, over a weekend, with no problems at all; all award points.
Great stay there.
kevin

Last edited by Wolfgang5150; Mar 11, 2015 at 1:47 pm Reason: finish sentence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.