Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, Florida [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

I just got a really good LNF rate for this resort for late winter. Any recommendations on the do's and dont's, or which are the good rooms for this hotel would be appreciated.
I am a Platinum level Marriott Rewards member. I already checked the hotel website and learned there is no concierge lounge there and valet parking only at $25.00 per day . I'm hoping there may some off-site parking available....

Newman
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:47 pm

not a big fan of Pompano beach. South Tower is what I would recommend.

Last edited by jr1202sr; Dec 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Old Dec 29, 2013, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
not a big fan of Pompano beach.
The city, the beach, or the resort?

Newman
Old Dec 29, 2013, 2:00 pm

Sorry My post got cut off. The City and area. Try and stay in the south tower.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:36 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The township of Pompano Beach is not the greatest (a trashy lower class), but the area along the beach where the hotel is located is fine, if a bit remote.

I stayed here a few months ago, and as a Platinum was upgraded to a very nice suite in the North Tower. These are the corner rooms and have direct ocean front views with a small wraparound balcony. Be aware that these are not full one-bedroom suites, but rather a large bedroom with a small sitting area tucked away into the corner (I will try to post photos later).

The staff here is excellent, particular at the front desk and in the restaurant. They were all very excited to now be a part of the Marriott family, and all took great pride in their work.

As for parking, there is no easy or convenient "free" parking anywhere near the hotel. There is some limited street parking, but the restrictions on hours are strictly enforced. I did manage to park off site for free during my stay, but if you are staying for multiple days, or needing your car during your stay, I would not suggest it (though you are welcome to message me if interested).

Last edited by NDDomer86; Dec 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:37 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT

Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
Has anyone else stayed here recently? I currently have a reservation for the Ritz Carlton in Ft Lauderdale and was considering switching to another beachfront resort.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:32 pm

I'm local to Fort Lauderdale, so I haven't stayed at their property. But, here are a few things that might help:

The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale is a 5-Diamond rated hotel and the Marriott Pompano Beach is a 3-Diamond rated property. For those unfamiliar, getting and keeping a 5-Diamond rating is difficult. It really is the best of the best. Out of all hotels in the US, only 97 (if I counted right) earn a 5-Diamond rating.

The service levels and quality of the rooms and public areas will be vastly different. That said, tons of travelers are perfectly happy with a 3-Diamond hotel.

The other major difference in those hotels is the area. The Pompano Beach beach area is nice enough. There are several dining options nearby. There aren't a ton of nightlife options. If you're a go-to-bed early person who is planning on laying on the beach most of the day, Pompano would be fine. If you want to go out at night or do more stereotypical tourist things, you probably would be happier somewhere along Fort Lauderdale beach.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'm local to Fort Lauderdale, so I haven't stayed at their property. But, here are a few things that might help:

The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale is a 5-Diamond rated hotel and the Marriott Pompano Beach is a 3-Diamond rated property. For those unfamiliar, getting and keeping a 5-Diamond rating is difficult. It really is the best of the best. Out of all hotels in the US, only 97 (if I counted right) earn a 5-Diamond rating.
Well, I think that settles it. The rate I have for my stay at the Ritz Carlton is pretty good, and like you said, it is very difficult to beat a 5-Diamond rating. I became worried in another thread when I was told that the club level makes the stay experience when I don't have a club level room booked.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
WiFi

Looks like a recent renovation. Things are in good shape. Shower stall only in the 1K oceanview.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Trying to decide between this and the BeachPlace Towers MVC for the wife and I in January. I'll be working during the day, she'll want to lounge at beach or pool. Thoughts? Same rate for both.

Last edited by njcommodore; Nov 12, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
Any recent stays here? I have "presidential suite" booked, but tripadvisor reviews are all over the place. Mr.Tours is Platinum.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
I've been there half a dozen times. (never in the prez suite and I am plat too).

I love the hotel but its not very central located. Its not like being in FLL or the Hollywood Marriott. That and no breakfast for plats are the two downsides.

Great beach and its quiet. There is a Residence right next door to it. Go north two properties to rent the cabana in front of the seaside grill and its an easy walk to the seaside bar.

If you like seafood you have to go to Papas raw bar in Deerfield, ($10 uber ride). The crevice is amazing.

Also just a long walk away is the Rusty Hook tavern is a lot of fun too. Just south and on the intracostal.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
A major downside to this prop is the valet parking - expensive and slow. It is a relatively new building. I lived across the street from it 10 years ago, when the current Res Inn was a timeshare. They knocked down the old building that covered most of the current Marriott property.

The beach there is very nice though. That's "my beach" that I've been to hundreds of times, so I'm biased, but it's pretty laid back and pleasant to be at, even on the weekends.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
Thanks to both of you, that was helpful. Not sure if we should move to a livelier spot, but at least I am no longer afraid the place is a dive.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.