Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Saint (Autograph Collection), New Orleans, LA [Master Thread]

The Saint (Autograph Collection), New Orleans, LA [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I stayed here a couple weeks ago for 4 nights. Suite Nights cleared and they gave me the Michael suite, which is their largest at 2200 square feet. 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, plus a "full size kitchen" though it had no plates/pots/oven/cooktop (for catering events I assume). Full size fridge and lots of counters. Just absurdly big, but cool that they upgraded me to that one on a $156/nt rate!

Staff are very nice and the location is good. The decoration is super gaudy as you can see on the website but it was fun for a few days!

Elite breakfast are vouchers (tip included) at the restaurant for the continental breakfast -- yogurt, granola, fruit, toast or english muffin, coffee. It was filling and tasty with good quality fruit. Menu price is $12 for that and there is no option to buy up to any other menu item, which is a shame. Like it would be nice if the voucher also covered the $13 2 eggs and bacon option for some variety, or just act as a $12 credit towards any item on the menu ($12 credit is what you get at the Renaissance Pere Marquette, which I stayed at the following week).

Wifi was fast. No pool or lounge. I didn't check out the gym. The TV had regular cable with a TON of channels (no hotel capture things that makes it slow). I'm not sure if this is hotel-wide or if it could be just in the suites. There was turn down service with bottles of water left and chocolates, again not sure if that's for suites only or not. No water was offered on check in and I didn't ask. No water was in the room on check in.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist

Stayed here a couple weeks ago at a last minute points booking as Titanium. Got upgraded to a suite and everyone was super nice and accommodated my 4pm checkout no questions asked.

It's the right amount of guady but I could see it being too much for some. Definitely not a family oriented hotel by any means. For example my suite had a large nude photo of a woman in the bathroom.

But as a couple guys that came early for a bachelor party, it was great!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Just finished a stay here and was very happy. Good location, decent food and drink, and absolutely amazing staff. One thing though, you are next door to what was going to be the Hard Rock hotel but it collapsed killing three people, two of which are still inside because it is to dangerous to try and recover.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Has anyone had any luck upgrading recently at this hotel? I've submitted SNA's for each of my last 4 stays (1-2 nights each) and have never had any luck. During my stay this week it seems all benefits have been done away with. No breakfast, points, or much of anything was offered, I'm assuming due to Covid. Anyone else have any better luck?
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Curious as well... and especially if they've done away with benefits (against Marriott policy) then I'll avoid this property. Using Covid as an excuse to provide no benefits or services is unacceptable at this point.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
Curious as well... and especially if they've done away with benefits (against Marriott policy) then I'll avoid this property. Using Covid as an excuse to provide no benefits or services is unacceptable at this point.
I just asked at the front desk regarding any benefits and was told that due to Covid, they aren't serving breakfast and they aren't allowed to give away drink coupons to the bar (as been given to me in the past). I was told there were no upgrades available and there was no mention as far as options for points in lieu of breakfast. Usually I get a simple "thanks for being Titanium", but that was not the case here. So I suspect this property has just decided to disregard any of the published Bonvoy benefits.

Last edited by lrbenko; Jul 28, 2021 at 12:03 pm Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Should file a complaint with Marriott, even if its unlikely they'll do anything about it. The hotel is clearly in violation of the benefit terms.
Its entirely the hotel's decision not to provide anything, nothing to do with Covid as there are no restrictions on food or bars in new orleans. You should be asking for your $100 elite benefits guarantee compensation for them offering nothing.

In fact I think you are due $200 - the first 100 for not offering you any welcome gift, and second for no breakfast and no alternative offered.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lrbenko
........I was told there were no upgrades available and there was no mention as far as options for points in lieu of breakfast.......
I received 750 points extra for lack of breakfast early this month. Check with front desk. Yeah, 750 is nothing compared to breakfasts. Upgrade is like pulling teeth though.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:26 am

Good to know, and thank you. I'll send Marriott a quick note and update this once/if I hear back.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:59 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by robhakari
Does anyone have an email address for this hotel?
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

The email address we have for the hotel is:

[email protected]

Best regards,

Kim B
Social Media Team
Marriott International

[email protected]
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:53 pm

Any recent stays here? Curious to see if anything has improved in regards to elite benefits (breakfast, upgrades, etc).
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Same, any recent stays here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.