Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Saint (Autograph Collection), New Orleans, LA [Master Thread]

The Saint (Autograph Collection), New Orleans, LA [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I stayed here a couple weeks ago for 4 nights. Suite Nights cleared and they gave me the Michael suite, which is their largest at 2200 square feet. 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, plus a "full size kitchen" though it had no plates/pots/oven/cooktop (for catering events I assume). Full size fridge and lots of counters. Just absurdly big, but cool that they upgraded me to that one on a $156/nt rate!

Staff are very nice and the location is good. The decoration is super gaudy as you can see on the website but it was fun for a few days!

Elite breakfast are vouchers (tip included) at the restaurant for the continental breakfast -- yogurt, granola, fruit, toast or english muffin, coffee. It was filling and tasty with good quality fruit. Menu price is $12 for that and there is no option to buy up to any other menu item, which is a shame. Like it would be nice if the voucher also covered the $13 2 eggs and bacon option for some variety, or just act as a $12 credit towards any item on the menu ($12 credit is what you get at the Renaissance Pere Marquette, which I stayed at the following week).

Wifi was fast. No pool or lounge. I didn't check out the gym. The TV had regular cable with a TON of channels (no hotel capture things that makes it slow). I'm not sure if this is hotel-wide or if it could be just in the suites. There was turn down service with bottles of water left and chocolates, again not sure if that's for suites only or not. No water was offered on check in and I didn't ask. No water was in the room on check in.
Old May 8, 19, 5:24 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist

Stayed here a couple weeks ago at a last minute points booking as Titanium. Got upgraded to a suite and everyone was super nice and accommodated my 4pm checkout no questions asked.

It's the right amount of guady but I could see it being too much for some. Definitely not a family oriented hotel by any means. For example my suite had a large nude photo of a woman in the bathroom.

But as a couple guys that came early for a bachelor party, it was great!