Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Lobby renovation is complete. Executive lounge is on ground floor (not a M Lounge).
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:27 am

Those who have stayed in just the King room with a rollaway bed, is it cramped? We are three adults and a baby (Me, wife, wife's twin sister and our 4mo girl) flying to the UK in mid January. I'm wanting to take advantage of the 5-for-4 nights offer with points (quoted 246,000pts), and I also have Bonvoy Platinum through my Bonvoy Amex card. I know we'd likely need to pay for the extra person for the lounge, but would it even be worth cramming us all into that room for 5 nights? I'm not too hopeful of any suite upgrades after reading the past few months worth of posts above.

But at 'only' 246,000 points would that not be good value for this property especially with access to the lounge?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PigsCanFly
Those who have stayed in just the King room with a rollaway bed, is it cramped? We are three adults and a baby (Me, wife, wife's twin sister and our 4mo girl) flying to the UK in mid January. I'm wanting to take advantage of the 5-for-4 nights offer with points (quoted 246,000pts), and I also have Bonvoy Platinum through my Bonvoy Amex card. I know we'd likely need to pay for the extra person for the lounge, but would it even be worth cramming us all into that room for 5 nights? I'm not too hopeful of any suite upgrades after reading the past few months worth of posts above.

But at 'only' 246,000 points would that not be good value for this property especially with access to the lounge?
It seems to 100 pounds extra per night if 3 people because the redemption is for 2 Double Bed Superior. It seems most hotels are offering these points rate for January. I think given the London rates it’s decent to redeem.

ps I don’t think the king room is allowing a rollaway bed but you could ask.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It seems to 100 pounds extra per night if 3 people because the redemption is for 2 Double Bed Superior. It seems most hotels are offering these points rate for January. I think given the London rates it’s decent to redeem.

ps I don’t think the king room is allowing a rollaway bed but you could ask.
I’ll have to look again but could’ve sworn it was max occupancy three with a rollaway for 60 a night. But the two queens are probably better
Old Dec 26, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Stayed last week on points. Suite upgrade was confirmed to a Park View Suite. Nice room - some traffic noise in the living room but beautiful views of Hyde Park.
Lounge is open and has a good breakfast including unadvertised ability to make requests (like eggs your way). Evening canapés are good as a light meal too and change day to day. Beer, wines and spirits available free.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Well, it's no Dubai Grosvenor House, but the original Grosvenor House is not bad but is not perfect. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a nice Executive King on the 6th floor - all suites and most room types sold out online for NYE
  • The room was large and had dual windows facing out to Mayfair
  • Bed was decent - really nice plush pillows, just-right mattress slightly on the firm side, covers pretty thin (but that's a good thing due to inoperable AC)
  • Shower pressure was fantastic
  • Really nice towel heating rod
  • Internet TV OS present
  • Amazing welcome gift of Happy New Year chocolate dog statue that was full of delicious fudge or mousse
  • Offered late checkout proactively - no issue with 3 PM and they told me to let them know if I needed more time
  • Turndowns provided and chocolates left
  • Friendly front desk, especially the first agent - either Veronica or Victoria, I think - she really wanted to know what I thought of the different London hotels and which had been my favorite so far
  • Executive lounge offering very solid
    • Really tasty desserts and cake at afternoon tea
    • Evening service too busy for me to try as I was out most of the evening and most of the food was gone when I checked, but it looked like they had chicken curry - lots and lots of people in the lounge
    • Breakfast was pretty solid - tasty eggs, croissants, and sausages - bacon looked a bit too "streaky" - tasty chocolate muffin - not too busy at 8 AM
Cons:
  • I don't think the AC works here - set on 18 and never got cooler than 22 - called for Engineering, but not sure if they ever came up while I was out - so many windows slightly opened, so I bet this is a hotel-wide issue in the winter
  • Room wasn't ready until 3:30ish and I only found out by refreshing the Marriott app, not the email I was told I would get
Overall, I would return, but the climate control issue is a big downer here.

Photos:

dgreen12, EHAM1, TGLoyalty and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That's one cool pup!

David

p.s. would "like" but button/selection not working for me at least.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
That's one cool pup!

David

p.s. would "like" but button/selection not working for me at least.
It was one of the most unique welcome gifts I have gotten by far. Really tasty, too!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I love your trip reports, but here's a suggestion for you on your photos. Put the toilet seat and cover down before taking the pics. Thank you.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
ElevatorEnthusiast I too, also enjoy your trip reports. However, I also find the lack of elevator reviews disappointing given your username. How would you rate the elevators at this property?
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I love your trip reports, but here's a suggestion for you on your photos. Put the toilet seat and cover down before taking the pics. Thank you.
I don't remember if it was the case here, but plenty of times, I arrive in rooms where the seats are already up, presumably to show they have been cleaned. However, fair point - just ignore my next one ;-)
Originally Posted by Polytonic
ElevatorEnthusiast I too, also enjoy your trip reports. However, I also find the lack of elevator reviews disappointing given your username. How would you rate the elevators at this property?
Shockingly fast for such an old building that couldn't seem to have AC in the winter.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Shockingly fast for such an old building that couldn't seem to have AC in the winter.
Interesting. We stayed down the street at the Sheraton Grande and were upgraded to a "Grand Park Suite." But, they couldn't get the heat working in our suite during a cold stretch in October. You didn't have AC in the winter, and we didn't have heat in the fall.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
Interesting. We stayed down the street at the Sheraton Grande and were upgraded to a "Grand Park Suite." But, they couldn't get the heat working in our suite during a cold stretch in October. You didn't have AC in the winter, and we didn't have heat in the fall.
No issues here with both AC and heat for me at SGPL - perhaps, my issue at Grosvenor was isolated to my room. Still, though, if it was, Engineering should have fixed it or communicated to the front desk that a room change would be necessary.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Anyone had an issue with the room occupancy limit here? Occupancy for most rooms is listed as 3. Next stay, we'll have two kids under 2 years old plus me and my wife. If I just book a normal room are we going to run into a problem?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Lifetime Plat
When is your next stay? I have one booked for early April and am in the same situation. Would love to hear what happens on your trip!
Old Feb 11, 2023, 12:09 pm
KKD

Programs: Marriott
Rising Bonvoy point redemption

I am looking at redeeming this JW in the coming July for 5 nights. It used to cost 280-290K points; now it is 310-315K points. Is it something commonly found among London Bonvoy properties these days?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.