Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Lobby renovation is complete. Executive lounge is on ground floor (not a M Lounge).
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 4:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pazza2000
A little off topic here but as it’s been referenced above as the better alternative, what is the current situation re. the club lounge at the Sheraton Grand? Not to defend the JW on the above but their lounge offering was certainly superior last month to what the Sheraton was offering earlier in the year which was nuts and water.

More on topic, I had a similar experience as a Titanium to the OP with my room not being ready until 3pm, if not a little after.
I will say there's more on offer than nuts now. They had cookies and such out in the afternoon and hot food at night (at the JW).
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 747-800i
I booked a deluxe suite, at check in, when there was no upgrade offered I asked and was told the hotel was 100% sold out. I went to wait in the lounge for my room. While there, I fired up the bonvoy app and discovered as expected, the hotel was not 100% sold out and many higher room classes were available. When I pressed they said what they meant was there were no rooms for upgrades. 1. I don't see how "100% sold out" can be misconstrued when they "really" meant "no rooms for upgrades." 2. I also don't see how status is very valuable if hotels can just choose not to upgrade you when rooms are available because they don't want to.

I resigned myself to the room.
The terms of Marriott’s program do not include an upgrade from your suite to a better suite and you have no right to expect this, what you can argue for is an upgrade to whatever the standard entry level category suite is. This part of your review comes off as uninformed and self-entitled to me. If you want the programme to require an upgrade to a better suite, you should stay at an IC (arguably also Accor’s programme requires this too in certain situations but is more difficult to enforce than IC Ambassador).

Equally on the room not being available early, there could quite easily have been someone staying in it before you who had a guaranteed late check out and there was no way to possibly get it ready for then. This might not be the hotel’s fault.

The rest of the stay does sound a bit poor, though, and rather than lie to you about availability the hotel should tell the truth.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

The rest of the stay does sound a bit poor, though, and rather than lie to you about availability the hotel should tell the truth.
Had I been in his shoes and if I had a better option, I would've left the hotel on the spot.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The terms of Marriott’s program do not include an upgrade from your suite to a better suite and you have no right to expect this, what you can argue for is an upgrade to whatever the standard entry level category suite is. This part of your review comes off as uninformed and self-entitled to me. If you want the programme to require an upgrade to a better suite, you should stay at an IC (arguably also Accor’s programme requires this too in certain situations but is more difficult to enforce than IC Ambassador).

Equally on the room not being available early, there could quite easily have been someone staying in it before you who had a guaranteed late check out and there was no way to possibly get it ready for then. This might not be the hotel’s fault.

IC Spire and I have never ONCE been upgraded to a suite, as Bonvoy Titanium I have been many times. Also the T&C state "We’ll do our best to upgrade your room (including Select Suites), based on availability at check-in." So it sounds like Titanium ARE entitled to "select suites" for upgrade purposes at check-in. Beyond that, my main gripe was not that they didn't upgrade, it's that they lied to my face about being sold out as the reason for no upgrade.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Lft Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
JW Marriott Grosvenor House London Question

As a Marriott Titanium do I need to book a room with Executive Lounge Access to get access to the lounge or will I receive access as a Titanium elite member?

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:22 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lc412000
As a Marriott Titanium do I need to book a room with Executive Lounge Access to get access to the lounge or will I receive access as a Titanium elite member?

Thanks
Automatic access to lounge as titanium whatever room you book
lc412000 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BA.GGL/SK.D/AFKL.Ulti
Booked two midweek nights for my partner’s mother last week as an Ambassador member.

The hotel was extremely hesitant to apply any form of upgrade to the booking despite not having been booked out.

Sombre staff at check in didn’t have room available until 17:30.

Overall, not a property I’d immediately recommend
dingo likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Booked for some nights next week. One of the update emails said that breakfast is in the restaurant.

anyone know how that is being administered? Buffet? Continental only? Credit toward anything on the menu?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by dingo
Booked for some nights next week. One of the update emails said that breakfast is in the restaurant.

anyone know how that is being administered? Buffet? Continental only? Credit toward anything on the menu?
When we were there in August it was buffet breakfast - both full and continental
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
For titanium what was the up charge to the full?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Ikaz
Automatic access to lounge as titanium whatever room you book
Same for Platinum?
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
interesting set of comments over the past couple months - curious to see that there’s some who love this property, and others who seem to hate it!

booked a superior suite for 3 nights in March for a quick trip, hoping that it’s a decent stay (although we won’t be in the room that much anyways).
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:45 am

Currently staying here for 8 nights. Upgraded to an Exec Suite 5 days out with SNA's. Very happy to burn the SNA's as they were due to expire in June. I was given a lovely corner suite on the top floor.

Used to stay here around 30 years ago with my parents for 3 months during summer season. The place still looks solid. Will provide a review once I check out next week.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Currently staying here for 8 nights. Upgraded to an Exec Suite 5 days out with SNA's. Very happy to burn the SNA's as they were due to expire in June. I was given a lovely corner suite on the top floor.

Used to stay here around 30 years ago with my parents for 3 months during summer season. The place still looks solid. Will provide a review once I check out next week.
Had a lively stay here. Suite was a corner view and on the top floor facing east. Had breakfast in the restaurant and was fantastic as well.

Loved the place and it tops the Sheraton and the Marriotts nearby.

The Westbury was on top of our list, but now this place is until the St. Regis is completed.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Had a lively stay here. Suite was a corner view and on the top floor facing east. Had breakfast in the restaurant and was fantastic as well.

Loved the place and it tops the Sheraton and the Marriotts nearby.

The Westbury was on top of our list, but now this place is until the St. Regis is completed.
You should try the Edition before the St R opens, might shake your list of Marriott London properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.