Search

Ritz-Carlton Denver [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Ritz-Carlton Denver [Master Thread]

Mods: Feel free to redirect this post

Don't ever visit or stay at the Ritz-Carlton Denver. Does not follow the Ritz Credo or Chapter 14. Just got thrown out asking for a drink pre-2AM. #ritzcarltondenver
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Chapter 14 ???????????

in general, hotels don't throw out customers pre-2AM for asking for a drink......I know that airlines have the ability, as well as legal obligation, not to serve alcohol to someone they consider inebriated and frankly your post sounds like you are, albeit at mile-high Denver.....

Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Mods: Feel free to redirect this post

Don't ever visit or stay at the Ritz-Carlton Denver. Does not follow the Ritz Credo or Chapter 14. Just got thrown out asking for a drink pre-2AM. #ritzcarltondenver
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I've stayed here many times and will again this week. Nice hotel and have never heard of any issues like you suggest.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
They were out of natty light?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:42 pm

I'll say that I have stayed in the hotel six or seven times in the last year. I think the hotel is fantastic. Top five hotel gyms in the country (yes, it's a private gym connected to the property). Great rooms. Great Service. Elway's - the restaurant on site - is totally serviceable. Good chow - decent prices if you don't go crazy.

I like the place and a guy denied booze for whatever reason ain't gonna change that.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:59 pm
Suspended

+1
Gee, a FT demonstrating common sense (more then an alchi)...........I guess anything is possible

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
I like the place and a guy denied booze for whatever reason ain't gonna change that.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Personally I like the JW better, and find it hard to believe there was not some other alcohol involved or that the bartender maybe just wanted to go home on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, DL 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier and Lifetime Platinum
I've stayed at the RC twice and will be there next week as well. Found it to be an average to slightly above average Ritz city property - not as nice as Boston but better than either ATL older Ritz properties. My understanding was that it was ironically built as an Embassy Suites and converted to a Ritz after a large renovation so a bit odd of a layout for a RC.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:16 am

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Never had any issues at the Ritz Denver. It's been a while, but don't they have a minibar?

If you want a Ritz to avoid, I say Singapore hands down. Doesn't participate in the rewards program.

Mods: Feel free to redirect this thread to the trash can. Just realized it's a huge waste of time.

P.S. What's Chapter 14?

P.P.S. Hashtags have no place on Flyertalk. Stop it.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:23 am
Suspended

the SIN RC is not the only RC that does not participate in MR......

11.Members may earn and redeem Points at participating Marriott hotel brands and The Ritz-Carlton hotels:
a. The Ritz-Carlton hotels – all locations except:
i.The Ritz-Carlton, Millennia Singapore
ii.Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
iii.Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
iv.In addition, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Clubs, The Ritz-Carlton
Residences, and The Abaco Club do not participate
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi

Originally Posted by rgrobins
If you want a Ritz to avoid, I say Singapore hands down. Doesn't participate in the rewards program.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:01 am

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
It's known that Reserves, Destos, and Resis don't participate. Millenia uses the mainline brand and should adhere accordingly.

It's a nice property, but BS they don't participate. I also don't like RCs only earning on room rate, but that's for another thread.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I could not find Chapter 14, but perhaps the OP is referring to Rule 14 (of Modern Drunkard Magazine)

14. If you offer to buy a woman a drink and she refuses, she does not like you.

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/01-02...ooze_rules.htm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I'm here now and its just as nice as I remember. They upgraded me on check in to a 1 bedroom suite which is massive. Elways is a fabulous restaurant as well.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
2014 Service Improvement Initiative

Geez, completely forgot I started this thread last year. I was hammered. All I remember was using the phrase C U Next Tuesday with the uncooperative MOD

Happy to report I wasn't too far off about this parasite.

Corporate felt the need to invite a few angels from a semi-neighboring state's highly awarded Ritz-Carlton to spend a couple months onsite to address service issues, improve guest satisfaction and provide 1:1 coaching as necessary.

This is positive news and no hard feelings
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Is this the only Ritz Denver thread that has many posts? I liked the number of FT peeps that liked the property.

I am going to be staying here for a week next year in June. How is the Club Level at this location? Worth using one of my certificates for?

Thanks for the future input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.