Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 12:26 pm

I was there on March 9th and the protesters were at the Arc de Triomphe. Lots of police and security presence but nothing was closed. It was actually kind of nice since the entire Champ de Elysee was closed down to vehicle traffic and you could walk in the streets.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's because you were not there on a Saturday.
I didn't know it is only on Sat. Guess I lucked out.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion
Does anyone have the email for PdG's guest relations manager (or similar)? I would greatly appreciate it.
Old May 12, 2019, 11:45 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Ellvizzle
Does anyone have the email for PdG's guest relations manager (or similar)? I would greatly appreciate it.
Head concierge email was [email protected]

At one time, I do believe this individual handled guest relations...but I can’t be sure nor sure that they’re still with the hotel: [email protected]

Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Head concierge email was [email protected]

At one time, I do believe this individual handled guest relations...but I can’t be sure nor sure that they’re still with the hotel: [email protected]
After you swayed me to stay here, I thought it was best to ask more about the PdG here in the proper thread

I noticed this hotel is not considered a French 5 Star "Palace" Hotel.

Are those properties, such as the George V or Raffles, truly a step above the PdG?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
After you swayed me to stay here, I thought it was best to ask more about the PdG here in the proper thread

I noticed this hotel is not considered a French 5 Star "Palace" Hotel.

Are those properties, such as the George V or Raffles, truly a step above the PdG?
The Palace hotels are certainly larger and sometimes they can be "better"--and priced accordingly. That being said, I don't think most of them are necessarily better than many other top hotels in Paris.

I despise many of the Palace properties. To me, the Bristol room decor is horrid ; the Ritz is far too formal, too gold, and too much blue hair; the FSGV is way too much blue hair and too formal; the Shangri-La is more about the Eiffel view; the PH is quite dated and drab; etc.

OTOH, we love the design and ambience of the MO, the Crillon, and Peninsula. I've never been to the Athenee, Royal Monceau, La Reserve, or Le Meurice.The Crillon is perhaps our favorite, but the Pen is unquestionably the best deal among them for us due to its location.

I certainly love the PdG far more than the PH. I love the Vendome area the most, but I still am staying at the PdG. All of the Palace properties have their issues just like any other hotel; they're not perfect. They're just the most celebrated.

I've stayed at and/or visited many Aman, Peninsula, St Regis, Rosewood, Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, and other world class hotels, so I think I know an amazing hotel when I see one. The PdG is world class, even if it's too small to ever be a Palace. If you like Art Deco, you'll love the PdG; if not, then perhaps another property is better for you.

It's also worth noting that the FSGV is right next to the PdG. If you want to take advantage of any of the FSGV restaurants or spa, they are as close almost as if you were staying there.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:46 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The PdG is undeniably lower key than most of the Palace hotels (in service, bling, styling), but it really comes down to what you’re looking for. As mentioned, the George V is next door, and it’s about as bling and glitzy as you’re going to get outside of a Dubai brothel.

I’d say the PdG compares pretty favourably with the Park Hyatt Vendome across the board (I think they are reasonably comparable across many dimensions), and yet the PH is a Palace Hotel.
Kacee, bhrubin and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The PdG is undeniably lower key than most of the Palace hotels (in service, bling, styling), but it really comes down to what you’re looking for. As mentioned, the George V is next door, and it’s about as bling and glitzy as you’re going to get outside of a Dubai brothel.

I’d say the PdG compares pretty favourably with the Park Hyatt Vendome across the board (I think they are reasonably comparable across many dimensions), and yet the PH is a Palace Hotel.
How does the PH compare to a Dubai brothel? Or the bar on an EK 380 (though maybe that's the same thing).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
How does the PH compare to a Dubai brothel? Or the bar on an EK 380 (though maybe that's the same thing).
Read it again. He compared the FSGV to the bling and glitz outside a Dubai brothel, not the PH.
EuropeanPete and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

Another very nice review from TPG:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/pri...-galles-paris/
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:36 am

Went ahead and booked the PdG. Thanks for all the advice

They have a fourth night for 90EUR promo ending soon if anyone is interested
EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:24 pm

Went ahead and booked the PdG. Thanks for all the advice

They have a fourth night for 90EUR promo ending soon if anyone is interested
Do you have a promo code for that ?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:20 pm

I used a travel agent, but I believe you can contact the hotel directly. This is what it says under my rate info.

ANNIVERSARY ! Book 4 nights and get the 4th one at 90, buffet breakfast for 2 guests daily, see Rate details

bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:38 pm

How is the Platinum recognition at this property? Worth trying to burn SNA's?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

How is the Platinum recognition at this property? Worth trying to burn SNA's?
It has excellent elite recognition. Certainly, I think most would say it's definitely the sort of place where it's worth trying to get a suite or very nice room upgrade.
FlyingFrZ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.