Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:50 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Breakfast is less relevant to me since we usually prefer something light and we prefer to have room service rather than go to the restaurant (with a few exceptions) but I totally agree that Marriott has failed big time with their breakfast policies. They are ridiculously complicated, they vary not only from brand to brand but are subject to each hotel's interpretation and even the same hotels often have different rules for different guests. This is one benefit that Hyatt gets right for their top elites and Marriott bungles.

That said, on our last European trip in October things worked out great for us on our Plat breakfasts. PdG let us have continental breakfast in our room. Grande Bretagne was a restaurant worth going to, Mystique and Domes of Elounda delivered lavish room service breakfasts to our terraces. But it is a bit silly to have to ask at every hotel. During my brief (comped) tenure as a Hyatt Diamond guest all of the hotels we visited offered extravagant breakfasts delivered daily to our room.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bhrubin
... continental breakfast (worth 38 euros) ....
PdG may charge €38 for continental breakfast; but IMO it's not worth €38.
hockeyinsider and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:45 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Value always will be in the eye of the beholder. The PdG is a 5 star luxury hotel in a very tony location in Paris. It's gonna be pricey. And its breakfast charge is pretty comparable to that at comparable hotels nearby and in this class.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:49 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Neither the American Breakfast nor the Buffet are really “worth” 49 euro either IMHO- I could do much better at a little nearby cafe (which is really my preference anyways in a place like Paris). But if you are truly set on a full American breakfast the 11 euro supplement for Plats isn’t bad.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Value always will be in the eye of the beholder. The PdG is a 5 star luxury hotel in a very tony location in Paris. It's gonna be pricey. And its breakfast charge is pretty comparable to that at comparable hotels nearby and in this class.
Yes, you're clearly correct. I guess that I've been spoiled by being in SEAsia where full breakfast for PLTs is more common than not.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Just had a lovely weekend in Paris at the PDG. I am Platinum Premier and although didn't get an obvious upgrade (it is fashion week and everything is full) the room was lovely. Love the art deco styling and everything was immaculate. The staff were exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our 4pm late check out was offered proactively and we took the continental breakfast as our welcome gift. The charge of 38EUR on the menu is a bit expensive but to be honest it is a 5 star Hotel, the breakfast room is gorgeous and we found the offering to be very good. There was a lovely selection of breads and pastries, and yoghurts and fruits, and cold meats and cheese and smoked salmon. One morning there was also a selection of Houmous/Moutabel and Labneh with Pitta bread. We were quite content. The option for eggs etc was 11EUR ww thought was reasonable but did not need to pay it as we were so full.
We used points for two nights and compared to the Westin up the road at Vendome think got good value.
Would definitely choose to come back here next time we are in Paris.
The Yellow Jacket Demo's were active but did not really bother us and we were able to move around normally.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:37 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
La Scene earns 2 Michelin stars

https://www.scribd.com/document/3979...dium=affiliate

Finally, La Scčne, a restaurant at Le Prince de Galles hotel, whose kitchens are led by chef Stéphanie LE QUELLEC also earns two stars. Here, the dishes are designed with finesse and accuracy, and are bursting with impressive flavours. This distinction crowns the very successful career of this brilliant chef.
We were extremely impressed with La Scene for my husband’s surprise birthday dinner in Oct 2017. We can’t wait to return in Oct 2019.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:54 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

https://www.scribd.com/document/3979...dium=affiliate

We were extremely impressed with La Scene for my husband’s surprise birthday dinner in Oct 2017. We can’t wait to return in Oct 2019.

I wish we had dined there- Next time!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: * A
I am trying to get in touch with the concierge for some reservations for our upcoming stay but cannot find any email contact for the hotel or the concierge. any help is appreciated. cheers!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by noirpepper
I am trying to get in touch with the concierge for some reservations for our upcoming stay but cannot find any email contact for the hotel or the concierge. any help is appreciated. cheers!
<PrinceDeGalles.Concierge@theluxurycollectionhotels .com>
Designer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: * A
Thank you so much!
Old May 2, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by markzz2

The Yellow Jacket Demo's were active but did not really bother us and we were able to move around normally.
Thank you for your trip review.

I'm planning to go to Paris in 2 weeks and managed to score GREAT BRG rate here. Any concerns about the protest situation? Is the quote above still true? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I'm planning to go to Paris in 2 weeks and managed to score GREAT BRG rate here. Any concerns about the protest situation? Is the quote above still true? Any input would be appreciated.
I was in Paris two weekends ago and was directly impacted by rioting at Republique (staying at the Ren). I cancelled a PdG stay for the following weekend (where my SNA had cleared into a Macassar View suite) in favor of Zurich b/c I didn't really like the feel of the city, which is definitely a bit on edge.

Note that Saturday is the day you really want to avoid, as that's the day les gilets jaunes hold their big marches. The march routes have been moving around, which is potentially good for you, because the activity is no longer focused so intensely on the Champs Elysees.
dgreen12 and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Thank you for your trip review.

Thanks in advance.
I was in Paris from April 21-23. No sights of the yellow jackets. We stayed at Hotel de Berri. Beautiful hotel BTW.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NJFlyer_HOHO
I was in Paris from April 21-23. No sights of the yellow jackets.
That's because you were not there on a Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.