Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-and-stay-2199
Print Wikipost

Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Confirmed full buffet is back open. 49E (value) per person, max 2 people for PLT/Titanium benefit. Continental @ 38E is available as well. 10E surcharge/person to have room service instead of full buffet at the restaurant.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by araknis
Confirmed full buffet is back open. 49E (value) per person, max 2 people for PLT/Titanium benefit. Continental @ 38E is available as well. 10E surcharge/person to have room service instead of full buffet at the restaurant.
Is this at the Akira Back restaurant or in a different location for guests? When looking at booking a message shows that the restaurant will be closed from July 24-Aug 17 and that brunch will not be available.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The buffet is in Akira Back
Murphy926 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Murphy926
Is this at the Akira Back restaurant or in a different location for guests? When looking at booking a message shows that the restaurant will be closed from July 24-Aug 17 and that brunch will not be available.
Traditionally in Paris, many restaurants close for at least a couple weeks in August.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Murphy926
It is at Akira Back. I assume that the restaurant venue will remain open to serve breakfast, even if they won't operate the Akira Back aspect for lunch/dinner.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA platinum, SPG Gold
Email address for hotel,de galles

Looking for email addresses for Hotel Prince de Galles concierge, reservations, and general manager Gerald Krischek.
Very frustrating as I am unable to get in touch with hotel. Thanks

Last edited by whenzuc; Jun 27, 2022 at 8:17 pm Reason: Typos
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whenzuc
Looking for email addresses for Hotel Prince de Galles concierge, reservations, and general manager Gerald Krischek.
Very frustrating as I am unable to get in touch with hotel. Thanks
The concierge can be reached at [email protected]
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:41 am

I did 5 nights on points in July and here is my experience as a Plat.

-Was proactively upgraded to a vanilla Mosaic suite after I complained to the GM via email that Marriott was not allowing me to use my SNA's properly. Very generous, and I think it turned a 4 star review into maybe a 5.
-Room was great, although I quickly realized something was wrong with the Nespresso. The guest before me must have complained about it, because around 30 mins after we arrived, I awoke (napping) to a knock on our door. Keep in mind, my wife and i were half undressed napping off the jet lag. Without asking, the clerk opens the door and walks right in. Thank goodness we were in the Mosaic suite and they didn't immediately gaze upon my wife, because she would have had a heart attack. Personally, I tried to laugh it off. I pleasantly told the clerk we were tired and please go away for now. I eventually had the Nespresso fixed. No big deal.
-We never ate breakfast. Beds are so comfy that you sleep in too late to get food LOL.
-The hotel seemed alarmed that we kept turning down room service. We simply didn't need it, and prefer to skip it when we don't HAVE to have it. We were robbed at the Cotton Sail Hilton in Savannah and avoid it when possible. On our third day at PdG, we got a note basically (vaguely) begging us to accept room service. I think they were concerned we were trashing the place. We did not.
-Blackout curtains here are a solid 9/10, very good at blocking that annoying 5 AM Paris sun.
-Noise during the day was a 5/10 but at night all was mostly quiet. You sometimes hear people above you rolling luggage loudly.
-Location is what it is. Check if you're worried.
-Staff overall seem very good. We did experience minor waits at the front desk but nothing over 5 mins.
-Our sink drain was very slow to drain water... Unclog the pipes, guys.
-3 or 4 power outlets just did not work. Really crummy.
-Some lady at check in was MAD. She was apparently charged the standard rate for a set of rooms and was under the impression that her company had booked a corporate rate. She looked close to going Karen mode. Desk clerk was giving her the hard ball. I wish I knew more about the situation. Hard to tell who exactly was in the right.

Mosaic suite felt spacious but not big. I imagine the standard rooms here are pretty small. Seems like people either have amazing experiences here or hate it. I believe the PROBLEM is that people come expecting a Four Seasons when they probably need to expect a nice JW Marriott or something. No way I would pay cash for this.

Last edited by jbandy10; Aug 12, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I did 5 nights on points in July and here is my experience as a Plat.

-Was proactively upgraded to a vanilla Mosaic suite after I complained to the GM via email that Marriott was not allowing me to use my SNA's properly. Very generous, and I think it turned a 4 star review into maybe a 5.
jbandy10 Do you have more information about this? I have two reservations, one has SNA applied properly and the other will not apply at all. More details https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34687605-post3857.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34689695-post3860.html.

As related to the above posts (SNA will not apply if there are no premium rooms), for my second reservation the following rooms are available as a cash rate: 1 queen/1 king/2 twin Art Deco, Mosaic Suite, Macassar Suite, d'Or Suite. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by gudugan
jbandy10 Do you have more information about this? I have two reservations, one has SNA applied properly and the other will not apply at all. More details https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34687605-post3857.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34689695-post3860.html.

As related to the above posts (SNA will not apply if there are no premium rooms), for my second reservation the following rooms are available as a cash rate: 1 queen/1 king/2 twin Art Deco, Mosaic Suite, Macassar Suite, d'Or Suite. Thanks!
Email the hotel is my advice
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:01 am

After the snafu with Marriott IT, I was able to reapply the SNA to the reservation via the mobile app and they all cleared at T-24 to a Mosaic (Junior) suite. Last time I got the Makassar (full) suite but they’re sold out this week.

The Mosaic suite is actually quite nice; it’s three separate rooms - living room, bedroom, and bathroom. The bedroom is a bit small but the bed is very large. It almost feels like a full suite since there is a full separation between all of the rooms. There is also a small foyer.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Great Experience October 2022

Just had a truly wonderful stay in October 2022. Five nights in a junior suite (upgraded with Suite Nights) with a balcony. The room was super quiet and the curtains blocked noon-time daylight very effectively. Incredibly comfortable bed and the regular daily cleaning was thorough and spotless. Turn-down service, when requested, including refresh of towels and a light cleaning of the bathroom. All the staff we interacted with professional, courtesy and extremely helpful.

Breakfast (served in Akira Back) for a Titanium included a great buffet and the ability to order off a limited menu for hot items like eggs, meat sides or waffles.

The fitness center is open 24 hours/day and included a pretty nice set of free weights (bench and dumbbells) and a range of cardio machines.

As many posters have mentioned, super convenient access to multiple Metro lines (1 is the closest stop, but stops for the 6 and 9 are also easy walking distance). Taxi from the hotel to CDG was 70 Euros.

Previously, I've had a balcony opening along George V. It was a bit loud for me. This time, we were facing Rue Quentin-Bauchart and it was quiet and the perfect spot for an early evening drink.

Overall, one of my top 5 hotel experiences in the last 5 years.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Hello FTers in this thread- I've read many posts in this thread and it seems you are okay with staying at this property with points+SNA but not cash.
I didn't book this property before DP so I must pay about 95k per night just with a Plat status (March 2023).

I am wondering how many points you paid per night here... 95k to be worth?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:52 pm

When the Marriott/SPG merger happened, this hotel was a Category 7 Starwood so something like 30-35k SPG or 90-105k Marriott points per night.

The first time I stayed in the transition period of the merger, it was 60k Marriott points per night with 5th night free (i.e. 240k points for 5 nights)

My most recent stay last month was under the Marriott Category 8 so 85k Marriott points per night with 5th night free (i.e. 340k points for 5 nights)

If you are flexible with dates there are many options in February at 75k points per night (cheaper than what I paid!)
But I would be fine with 95k, Marriott points may become worthless next year. I dumped almost all of mine
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gudugan
When the Marriott/SPG merger happened, this hotel was a Category 7 Starwood so something like 30-35k SPG or 90-105k Marriott points per night.

The first time I stayed in the transition period of the merger, it was 60k Marriott points per night with 5th night free (i.e. 240k points for 5 nights)

My most recent stay last month was under the Marriott Category 8 so 85k Marriott points per night with 5th night free (i.e. 340k points for 5 nights)

If you are flexible with dates there are many options in February at 75k points per night (cheaper than what I paid!)
But I would be fine with 95k, Marriott points may become worthless next year. I dumped almost all of mine
Thanks for your advice. Yeah Marriott is cutting 5k bonus per 60k points in case of miles transfer and DP etc etc. I have a booking at the Westin Vendome at EUR280/night but the review is horrible. Perhaps I need to book this property and then see if DP provides any chance to get a part of points back. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.