Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Anyone have experience with the new Element Ubud?
I just got back from a 3 night stay there and really enjoyed it. They currently only have the deluxe king rooms available, so no upgrade. The rooms are bright and well-appointed. I would describe it as a Nordic decor theme. Lots of light wood and muted colour palette. I think every room has a balcony which overlooks the pool area. No stocked mini-bar, but there is a fridge. The staff are incredibly friendly. My only point of comparison for the Element is the one in KL and I thought the one in Ubud is just as good. The only thing that might put people off is its location, but it's a trade off I gladly accepted, especially with all the different ways you can get into town.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:33 am

I am here now at the Element. The hotel is pretty quiet right now. All the rooms are not in service as of today. No finished suites yet. Upon check-in, no upgrade was offered and when I requested an upgrade they advised that the suites etc were not finished yet. The staff are the highlight of this hotel. Wonderful caring people. The service people from high management to restaurant workers truly want to make your stay memorable. The hotel does have a Service Manager that visited with us today at breakfast asking out thoughts on the hotel. This hotel is probably equal to a 4-star hotel in the USA. Certainly not a level 1 hotel as it is rated in SPG. It is a minimalist style hotel but still comfortable. VERY clean. Does have comforts such as hair dryers etc. The ability to book this hotel for either 2,000 or 3,000 spg is incredible. One last thought is.. they offer two times daily free Yoga with good instructors. The hotel also offers free frequent transport into town to several different areas.
On Saturday we are moving to the other SPG Ubud property Shala Tribute. I will post about that also.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Been reading through this thread and got some very useful info. However, I am still confused. My wife and I, who are in our 30's, are looking to visit Bali in December. Points are not a concern but looking for a SPG/ Marriott hotel and the following:

- Decent beach lounging experience (wont be swimming but nice to go into the shallow parts of the water for a bit).
- Good vibe at hotel (don't mind the partying as long as its not spring break'ish).
- Proximity (up to 10-15 drive) to restaurants/ bars.
- Decent proximity to the top 3-4 attractions (temples, etc.).

Based on that, any recommendations? Seems like its between W and STR but still curious especially with the new Marriott/ SPG options. Thanks!
Old May 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Been reading through this thread and got some very useful info. However, I am still confused. My wife and I, who are in our 30's, are looking to visit Bali in December. Points are not a concern but looking for a SPG/ Marriott hotel and the following:

- Decent beach lounging experience (wont be swimming but nice to go into the shallow parts of the water for a bit).
- Good vibe at hotel (don't mind the partying as long as its not spring break'ish).

Based on that, any recommendations? Seems like its between W and STR but still curious especially with the new Marriott/ SPG options. Thanks!
The hotels south of the airport in the Nusa Dua simply won't fit your needs. No "sandy beach", far from restaurants/ bars, and definitely far from the northern 4 attractions (temples, etc.). go to SPG.com, look up Bali, bring up the map view, and then you'll see which ones they are.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Elements pool view

Elements lobby with massive architecture objects

Elements pool view

Sthala restaurant outdoor seating

Sthala restaurant outdoor seats

Originally Posted by lorribarnes
I am here now at the Element. The hotel is pretty quiet right now. All the rooms are not in service as of today. No finished suites yet. Upon check-in, no upgrade was offered and when I requested an upgrade they advised that the suites etc were not finished yet. The staff are the highlight of this hotel. Wonderful caring people. The service people from high management to restaurant workers truly want to make your stay memorable. The hotel does have a Service Manager that visited with us today at breakfast asking out thoughts on the hotel. This hotel is probably equal to a 4-star hotel in the USA. Certainly not a level 1 hotel as it is rated in SPG. It is a minimalist style hotel but still comfortable. VERY clean. Does have comforts such as hair dryers etc. The ability to book this hotel for either 2,000 or 3,000 spg is incredible. One last thought is.. they offer two times daily free Yoga with good instructors. The hotel also offers free frequent transport into town to several different areas.
On Saturday we are moving to the other SPG Ubud property Sthala Tribute. I will post about that also.
Just did both, one night each. I preferred the Element to the Sthala. Both hotels are not near central Ubud, so using the free shuttle/taxi is a must.

Element - Nice, large pool, good to get the free back massage (for elites - Gold/Platinum), and nice fresh rooms. A steal for the points rated, but I was there on their opening offer cash rate. Negatives include its distance from central Ubud, but they offer a free shuttle that solves the issue. Warm customer service is a definite plus. Still has that "new hotel glow" to it.
Sthala - Good pool, albeit small, nice rooftop bar with live music (not daily), similarly offers a free shuttle to Ubud. The (almost) stunning river view from the restaurant is a big plus.

Last edited by Tokyoite; May 1, 2018 at 8:49 am
Old May 1, 2018, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Just did both, one night each. I preferred the Element to the Sthala. Both hotels are not near central Ubud, so using the free shuttle/taxi is a must.

may I ask how often the shuttle leaves the hotel and also can u also get picked up by the shuttle from
ubud Centre?
Old May 1, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot

Sheraton Kuta should meet all your requirement. Likewise the Stones
Old May 1, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
may I ask how often the shuttle leaves the hotel and also can u also get picked up by the shuttle from
ubud Centre?
The shuttle leaves every two hours starting at 9AM. You can get picked up. When I took the shuttle to the Monkey Forest, the driver asked whether I needed a pick up on the way back. I didn't use it, but would guess that the location and time would be arranged then.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Thanks for the input. Being that the price is almost the same, I was just curious if anyone had experience with the two properties. The Element is a cat 1 while the Sthala is a cat 4.
I stayed in Sthala last year. As Platinum member, I was only upgraded to Deluxe River View. The hotel was rather empty. I did ask if there is a suite room. I do not really remember the exact answer by the staff, but I did not even bother to probe further.

In general the room is ok, but the bath room is quite small and especially the bassinet area. You will hardly able to put your amenities bag there.

Location is also not great. It is in the middle of no where. Ubud is still 30 minutes way. The river view is nice though.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by minimiso
The shuttle leaves every two hours starting at 9AM. You can get picked up. When I took the shuttle to the Monkey Forest, the driver asked whether I needed a pick up on the way back. I didn't use it, but would guess that the location and time would be arranged then.
Well the timing should follow the drop off timing. So the pick ujp should be like 930am onward every 2 hours. I did requsted pick up at 1530.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by minimiso
OT: RE: Monkey Park... One of my favorite travel stories. Just inside Monkey Park is a sign warning of things you should not do, like feed the monkeys or get the monkeys to crawl on you. I was behind a mid-twenties Aussie couple reading the sign when he turned to her and said, "See, there is no rule against spanking the monkey in the park so I guess it's allowed." She turned bright red and was close enough to hear me chuckle. She turned to me and explained he wasn't really going to hit a monkey but "spanking the monkey" was an expression in their country. I explained we have the same expression in ours at which point she turned to her husband (they were on their honeymoon) playfully slaps him and yells out, "I can't believe you have me talking about m**********n to a complete stranger in public" only to turn even redder when she realized everyone within a block heard her say that word. I left them to walk along the paths, didn't see them in the park again and still wonder to this day if their marriage survived the honeymoon.
hw711, Temedar, Bravada04 and 2 others like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:01 am

We were just there. Good stay. Hotel is kinda basic but still quite nice. Transport into town. They even took us all the way in town to the market. Very inexpensive hotel and wonderful staff. Even cheaper with awards..
Old May 8, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Can someone, please, share information about breakfast and evening reception at the Element Ubud?
Old May 8, 2018, 8:30 pm

The breakfast is simple but ok. It has an egg station
for omelets etc. A small section for asian food. Then your basic breakfast foods. They do have one dish like stir fried chicken etc. I am starwood gold and they do not give free breakfast for golds on free nights. Most regular room rates include breakfast. There was no evening reception that I am aware of. I think they did have half price happy hour on a few drinks for an hour or two daily.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Thank you, lorribarnes. Elements in US have evening receptions with some food and drinks, a few days a week. Element Ubud lists "Relax: Evening Reception" in services and amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.