Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: SAS EBD (*A Gold), SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sandyph
Westin have a good kids club with different activities daily
the drawback is, its in the Nusa Dua area which is a gated resort complex
Thanks for the tip! Any suggestions for hotels outside of Nusa Dua?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by yellowgreyblack
Check the map on Bonvoy website search. There are over 10 hotels outside Nusa dua.
I personally recommend the W hotel in Seminyak or the Stones Autograph in Legian.
The courtyard Seminyak is also good but not exactly on the beach.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: SAS EBD (*A Gold), SPG/Marriott Plat
Planning to go to Bali for five nights in November. Do you have any suggestions on where I should start my research for a family friendly hotel, with activities and facilities suited to a five year old?
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Check the map on Bonvoy website search. There are over 10 hotels outside Nusa dua.
I personally recommend the W hotel in Seminyak or the Stones Autograph in Legian.
The courtyard Seminyak is also good but not exactly on the beach.
Thanks. Yes I know about that function. But good to know which hotels are family friendly and which are more oriented towards adults and/or party oriented customers. So you're saying these three hotels you mention are especially child friendly?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Four Points Kuta have a kids club and quite good swimming pool. its not on the beach though
likewise for Sheraton Kuta, but the swimming pool is a bit small but closer to the beach (just across the street)

other property that have kids club as far as I know are St Regis and Courtyard, both are in Nusa Dua area, and Courtyard Seminyak but the area is not too family friendly and beach are about few hundreds m away

W seminyak have the best location for beach access but don't have a kids club. (and the party atmosphere might be a turn off for some family)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:12 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
anyone have anything on the Fairfield by Marriott Bali Legian? handsome looking hotel, and it's a Fairfield with an actual restaurant for breakfast instead of fruit loops in a styrofoam bowl and re-hydrated eggs? i am a marriott platinum so i am wondering about the breakfast. and upgrades. but rooms so cheap i may just book a room that has the bath tub in the garden. this is unlike/desirable to any Fairfield i have ever seen, why do they brand these hotels like this outside of North America? just so marriott can show variety?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: Alaska
It is Fairfield by Marriott, not Fairfield Inn in US and other countries.

It should be better than Courtyard, because the brand is relatively new.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cur
anyone have anything on the Fairfield by Marriott Bali Legian? handsome looking hotel, and it's a Fairfield with an actual restaurant for breakfast instead of fruit loops in a styrofoam bowl and re-hydrated eggs? i am a marriott platinum so i am wondering about the breakfast. and upgrades. but rooms so cheap i may just book a room that has the bath tub in the garden. this is unlike/desirable to any Fairfield i have ever seen, why do they brand these hotels like this outside of North America? just so marriott can show variety?
Well, I just stayed there few hours to catch a midnight flight, and ate lein dinner besidebeforet aving,
​​​ore a disappointment.
The photos look very nice but the reality is not.
There mosquito everywhere also inside the room and the bathroom is tiny. Location not so great.
Well, I just stayed one afternoon to catch a midnight flight, and I ate with my partner a quick dinner (so so) beside the pool.

There mosquito everywhere also inside the room, the bathroom is tiny. Cleanliness was ok, Location close to the river damp is not great.
No upgrade.

Do I will come back ? no.
So many places better in Bali.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:55 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Well, I just stayed there few hours to catch a midnight flight, and ate lein dinner besidebeforet aving,
​​​ore a disappointment.
There mosquito everywhere also inside the room and the bathroom is tiny. Location not so great.
Well, I just stayed one afternoon to catch a midnight flight, and I ate with my partner a quick dinner (so so) beside the pool.

There mosquito everywhere also inside the room, the bathroom is tiny. Cleanliness was ok, Location close to the river damp is not great.
No upgrade.

Do I will come back ? no.
So many places better in Bali.
incoherent but i appreciate your feedback. i know location isn't attractive which i assume it is why it is usd40 a night. how are the rooms? the breakfast? plat benefit? are mosquito the fault of the property? further i am just asking what plats get for breakfast and what the room with bath in the garden is like. what hotel or resort or bnb do you suggest instead? you can PM me if you want.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I stay there on December for 2 nights.

The room is actually quite decent for the price.
Mosquitos, due to their location (close to a river and plenty of vegetation around the hotel) I would say they have some mosquitos and flies.
Quite annoying if you take the breakfast outside.

Breakfast its pretty standard, with limited selection of asian and western options.
But honestly at that rate their breakfast is considered good.

I got their junior suite which is pretty much normal room with added area for whirlpool
cur likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 10:14 am

Looks like below Bali properties aren't taking reservations for May and some for June arrivals. Noted dates when you can start to book:

RC Mandapa: June 1
Aloft Seminyak: June 1
Four Points Seminyak: July 1
W Bali Seminyak: July 1
Four Points Bali Kuta: June 1
Sheraton Bali Kuta: July 1
Fairfield Bali Kuta: July 1
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran: June 1
The Laguna Nusa Dua: July 1
Marriott Nusa Dua: June 1
Courtyard Nusa Dua: June 1
St Regis Nusa Dua: July 1
RC Nusa Dua: July 1

Terrible times.
exploreaswego likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 1:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cur
Try the newer property in Kuta Sunset, it's also a Fairfield by Marriott.
We stayed there last month, will probably return again when the property is back up to regular service.
Fully cooked made to order breakfast, an ACTUAL personal water tumbler in every room, convenient location, and they even provide turn down service! :O
We were very surprised how they positioned the brand in Asia, almost comparable to a mid tier service brand or even better than a domestic US Courtyard.
The only downside is that the rooms are smaller than most vacation properties in Bali, and slightly far away from the Beach but they provided a daily shuttle.
They are running an incredible promo now - 800k Net for 2 nights, must purchase vouchers before June 15th though, but can use til May 31st 2021.
Better to email, so you get flexibility of the dates to redeem.
[email protected] .

Old May 13, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Any thoughts on the St. Regis vs. The Laguna? Price aside, any reason to opt for one over the other?
Old May 13, 2020, 5:56 pm

If you are saying price isn't an issue then this shouldn't be a difficult decision.
margarita girl and dontshout like this.
Old May 13, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by Bravada04
If you are saying price isn't an issue then this shouldn't be a difficult decision.
Well not every property is up to the typical brand standard. There are properties in both chains that don't meet the typical standards of service or property maintenance for each brand. One property may be in a noisy area while the other is in a quiet area, one property might have a better beach, one property might have better dining options, one property may be more centrally located, etc etc. The point is that there is a lot more to each property than simply whats implied by the brand, and as someone who hasn't stayed at either and never been to Bali, theres quite a bit I don't know.
Old May 14, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Any thoughts on the St. Regis vs. The Laguna? Price aside, any reason to opt for one over the other?
Clientele and exclusivity favour the SR. But as repeatedly noted, Nusa Dua doesn’t qualify as the “real” Bali by any stretch. You could be practically anywhere, on a quiet beach - though service levels will likely reflect local hospitality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.