Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection, Chapel Hill, NC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection, Chapel Hill, NC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:12 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The only benefit that I have had issues with at this property is the 4PM late checkout. On one stay it was granted with no problem. On another they argued that they absolutely could not offer a 4PM checkout and the latest they could do was 2PM. They finally relented on 3PM stating that if they were to have rooms available for checkin at 4PM they couldn't grant a 4PM checkout.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Sorry - I did not qualify the review I referenced was a TA review. Many thanks fryer help. I look forward to staying there.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had a stay here last month. No major additions to what's already been said.

Nice room, always greeted by name by front desk staff throughout stay, delicious breakfast, lovely service from restaurant staff. ^
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Stayed here as had to travel to the Duke/Chapel Hill area for work during pandemic.

A little more expensive than other cheaper Marriott brands closer to the hospitals, but far less guests (and cars) so decided to book last minute here.

Pros
1. Lovely lobby (Italian influenced as the name suggests) and garden area

2. Upgraded to a bigger room, I assume as we probably were the only guests there (pics aren't great quality)
3. Friendly staff on arrival
4. Breakfast to the room was delicious (COVID precautions)

5. Bathroom is modern and sleek, nice amenities given also (shoe shine!)

Cons
1. It is very close to the street, which at night is not a problem
2. Confusion with the breakfast. We were told that breakfast is included with our status, but then there was a bill brought with the food which the server wanted us to sign. I had checked with the restaurant what would be included with a "free breakfast" and ordered food from those options. At check out I explained we were told breakfast was included and that over the phone the staff at the restaurant confirmed it would be free. They agreed to look into it and took off the amount. However, then I received an email while driving, that because 8 dollars for each meal was taken off (the total was around 22 with tip) it was a happy medium. I grumbled a little inside as I know what I was told, but the stay had been wonderful at that point so decided to let it go.
So make sure you clarify the breakfast if you stay.

Overall, a nice stopover.

P.S there is an Indian restaurant nearby that we picked food up from called Tandoor Indian restaurant, and it was delicious!
rubey419 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Just stayed here for the first time - what a lovely hidden suburban gem. Spacious rooms, friendly staff, great all the way around. The on-property restaurant is outstanding, albeit pricey.

Current breakfast situation for elites is generous, they provide two choices: (1) free brekkie for elite + 1 or 750 points, and (2) $10 F&B credit or 1,000 points. Technically the free breakfast only covers a subset of the menu, but if you order outside that menu they will give you $10 off (most items are ~$15, so net $5 cost at most).

Would stay again for sure when back in the area.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Stayed here this weekend with my youngest son. All of the previous statements in regards to room and staff apply. We were offered free cookies and prosecco on arrival, and I used an NUA successfully to upgrade into a lovely Junior Suite. Breakfast in the morning was any entree on the menu plus choice of beverage for myself and my son. Extremely happy with my stay, everything a good Marriott hotel SHOULD be.
Mr. BoH, JY1024 and LSEGallipot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.