FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1489858-jw-marriott-hotel-new-delhi-aerocity.html)

jpatokal Feb 18, 08 7:56 am

JW Marriott Delhi coming up (2010-2011?)
 
Somewhat to my surprise I can't find a peep about this on the Net, so I'll just report my findings this morning -- there's a building under construction in Jasola, next to the Apollo Indraprastha Hospital at the turnoff from NH-2 towards Noida, which has big "JW Marriott" hoardings around it. Odds are it's the "luxury hotel" mentioned in this article as an Emaar MGF property (they're also building the JW in Kolkata), for completion in FY10-11. Glad to see Marriott return to DEL ^

DutchGuy May 20, 09 9:43 am

Nice to see Marriott returning to New Delhi!

Are there any updates?

Chalky White Jul 31, 13 1:31 pm

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
 
This hotel says it opens August 2013. I tried to book a room on October 7 and it won't let me.

Does anyone know when it really opens?

aaupgrade Jul 31, 13 2:57 pm

I just did a google and the only thing that came up was April 2013 which is obviously old, and now wrong, news. If I were you and really wanted to know, I would call the Zirc reservation line and ask them, and if they didn't know, have them find out and get back to you. After all you are MR Zirc.

Chalky White Jul 31, 13 4:55 pm

The Zirc line was answered by someone who don't speak the good English. He/She (not sure the gender) said it was opening August 23 and I couldn't book the room because "their computers are not hooked up." That was a new one for me.

Retired FF Aug 1, 13 5:30 am

About a month ago, the site was taking reservation for August. I booked for December and received confirmation.
While I was in Bangalore a few weeks ago, I happened to meet with the GM of Marriott Bangalore and when I mentioned to him about my booking at the upcoming JW in New Delhi, he wished me good luck because the opening will likely be substantially delayed due to issues related to Airport security. Apparently, Marriott and several other hotels have been ready to open but can not get Gov't approval to do so.

Chalky White Aug 1, 13 9:45 am


Originally Posted by Retired FF (Post 21195079)
About a month ago, the site was taking reservation for August. I booked for December and received confirmation.
While I was in Bangalore a few weeks ago, I happened to meet with the GM of Marriott Bangalore and when I mentioned to him about my booking at the upcoming JW in New Delhi, he wished me good luck because the opening will likely be substantially delayed due to issues related to Airport security. Apparently, Marriott and several other hotels have been ready to open but can not get Gov't approval to do so.

That stinks--it would have been very convenient to me because I land at DEL at 10:30pm and I fly the next day to IXC and just need a nice place to crash that is close to the airport.

The Aloft is showing an April 2014 opening date:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofth...ropertyID=3767

Chalky White Aug 4, 13 6:19 pm

Well, maybe these hotels can open soon:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle4974621.ece

johnaalex Sep 8, 13 3:25 am

It seems it should be opening this month, but I have just tried to reserve a room for May 2014 and there are none available :(:confused:

Flapster Sep 8, 13 5:19 am

Must be a resurgent India programme. Just completed a stay at the new JW Marriott in Bangalore

SkiAdcock Sep 8, 13 8:40 am


Originally Posted by Flapster (Post 21407362)
Just completed a stay at the new JW Marriott in Bangalore

Please do a trip report (in its own thread to make it easier for search) if you've got time. Thx!

Cheers.

BKKLEE Sep 8, 13 8:48 am

you mean you're asking for Flapster to put his review in the thread he started??????????????
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-marriott.html


Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 21407886)
Please do a trip report (in its own thread to make it easier for search) if you've got time. Thx!

Cheers.


SkiAdcock Sep 8, 13 8:54 am


Originally Posted by BKKLEE (Post 21407913)
you mean you're asking for Flapster to put his review in the thread he started??????????????
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-marriott.html

Didn't realize there was a thread on the property already. Great place to post it!

Cheers.

Chalky White Sep 9, 13 11:47 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-aerocity.html

Could it be that one?

As of a few days ago, it said "opening in September 2013" but now it says "opening soon."

navendu99 Sep 10, 13 1:38 pm

I have been following this hotel for an upcoming trip. This has been delayed for many months due to Government of India security concerns. Its not tentatively going to open in October. I think it was supposed to open in June, then July and then August. That's Indian gov't for you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:46 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.