Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection - London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by esmetravels
I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, with my only complaints being the small room (they told me I was upgraded but I can't imagine there being a smaller room) and a single clueless employee who called my room 30 minutes after I had complained about noise to ask me again if it was coming from my left or right (by that time I had fallen back asleep).

From my post on St. Ermin's in my London Trip Report (http://bit.ly/1gZcVuX):

What I love about St. Ermin's Hotel in London:

- Dramatic, recessed entrance
- Easy to book with points
- Convenient location is fabulous (next to St. James Park, an easy walk to Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Houses of Parliament)
- Multiple nearby restaurants and shops, as well as the Underground station are only a block away
- Gorgeous lobby
- Complimentary baked sweets in the guest room
- Controllable room temperature and good shower pressure
- High-speed wi-fi connection
- Newspaper delivery

p.s. Who is St. Ermin?
Agree with you--have stay there four times since Jan 1 and am going in two weeks again...don't know why that area has grown on me!^

Who was St Ermin? Ask my wife and she would probably say something about a fur coat; however, here is the citation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ermin_of_Lobbes Pretty unimpressive.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
I have my first stay here starting this Friday. (First time in London).
Looking forward to it.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:16 pm
RNE

TSMRSRNE and I were booked at this hotel—still are, technically—but my wife's sister is now coming with us to the UK and St. Ermin's Hotel doesn't have rooms for three. Anybody know how uncomfortable a rollaway bed would be and how crowed that'll make the room?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by RNE
TSMRSRNE and I were booked at this hotel—still are, technically—but my wife's sister is now coming with us to the UK and St. Ermin's Hotel doesn't have rooms for three. Anybody know how uncomfortable a rollaway bed would be and how crowed that'll make the room?
Depends what room you get. There is probably room on one side of the bed closest to the Window. It'll be tight, but will work. Hopefully you are all great friends.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:28 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Depends what room you get. There is probably room on one side of the bed closest to the Window. It'll be tight, but will work. Hopefully you are all great friends.
Hmm. Well, if nothing else, all that togetherness with my wife and her sister will make for a good Letter to Playboy.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:25 pm

Boss315: I couldn't have been happier with the location. Every place I wanted to go was either a walk or an Underground ride with perhaps one transfer.

RNE: I don't think a rollaway would have fit in my "upgraded" room.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Since I will be staying at St. Ermin's this summer, I was surprised by your post on free continental breakfast as I thought they provided full breakfast, so I did a search.

According to two of the three reports in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...london-uk.html thread, it appears that Gold and Plat elites are provided full breakfast for two at St' Ermin's. While continental breakfast would be sufficient, it is always nice to have a choice.
Considering this hotel for a family vacation and booking four rooms...I am assuming the benefit only goes for one room? Would book club level if they had it, but they don't. I guess Grosvenor House maybe be the best option in this situation.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Just returned from a 4 night stay. It was our first time to London thus our first time at this hotel.
Overall the stay was excellent. We did have one minor hitch which turned out to be a positive.
I used points and prior to my stay, notified the hotel and asked about an upgrade. They did respond and said they would upgrade me to an executive king courtyard view vs. the standard queen room you get with points. Since I used points for 4 nights, the 5th night was free so we started the reservation the day before our arrival. Technically this should mean our room was paid for starting Thursday with our Friday arrival.

When we arrived, the desk agent had to check to see that our room was ready. I was a little 'miffed' since again, our room was paid for starting Thursday. She asked us to take a seat and wait, she'd be with us in about 5 minutes. Less than 5 minutes later she came back and said she got a room, in fact a suite. All was good. We did not get the courtyard view we were promised but I was OK with that.

The service was great. The misses loved the full hot breakfast (included with Gold status) and the robes/slippers. The location to me was perfect. Around the corner from a tube stop and very quiet. If you want a hotel in the middle of the tourist hustle and bustle, this hotel is not for you. We enjoyed running our selves ragged all day long then coming 'home' to a bit of peace and quiet. Convenient one stop tube ride from the airport was nice as well. Walking distance to everything in the Westminster area. We also walked back from Piccadilly twice. It's about a mile but a pleasant walk as part of it is thru St James Park.

Would recommend it for sure as long as you are OK with the almost residential location.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Staying there again this weekend...4th time since January and quite excited about it--especially the burger and sticky toffee pudding at fullers Pub!

Last edited by boss315; Apr 28, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Old May 3, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Just got back from a five night stay at the St. Ermin's for a short vacation trip (I usually stay at one the of Radisson properties in the West End), and it was a quite a nice stay. Most important, all the hotel staff was exceeding helpful and friendly -- a top priority in my book. I'll also echo the comments from others that the hotel lobby looks amazing. It's almost too nice; when friends stopped by to meet me at the hotel, they probably thought I was staying somewhere incredibly extravagant.

As a Gold, I was upgraded to an Executive King, and it was a pretty nice room. The size seemed about standard for a London room, very clean with comfortable furnishings and nice bathroom. The view wasn't anything special, but there was good light and the room was very quiet.

Since this is an Autograph property with no lounge, I was also given full breakfast buffet each day in the hotel restaurant. The setup seemed a bit makeshift, but the service and food was all good.

The location is pretty good -- right by Scotland Yard, a nice, short walk to the St. James's Park tube station, and a pleasant walk to many London sights. After staying in the West End so many times, the neighborhood seemed almost too quiet, with virtually nothing in the area open late or on Sunday, but a bit of peace and quiet isn't a bad thing either. All-in-all, it was a very nice stay and I wouldn't hesitate to return on a future trip.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:41 am

Using points for St Ermin Family room london

I really would like to use points to stay there with my three kids - any thoughts on how I can get this room suing points - it doesn't seem to come up on the online system

If anyone else has any other suggestions about rooms for five in Marriott hotels in London for August 2015 would be most appreciated
thanks
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:53 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Kinda of late. We booked in July for the Marriott Grovensnor (on Duke Street)
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:06 am

sorry - late for what

i am looking to book for august 2015 - the calendar isn't even open yet

i am trying to figure out if anyone has experience booking a family room with points there

much thanks
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:25 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I haven't checked in a while but I don't think family rooms are directly bookable with points.

My suggestion would be to book a points room when it becomes available, then call the hotel and offer to buy up (£) to a family room.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Most hotels don't put their specialty or suite rooms out for online points awards. That doesn't mean you can't get one with points, just that you will need to call the hotel and talk with a manager to find out. I've seen hotels that will let you use points, won't let you use points, or let you pay a cash upcharge. It just depends on the hotel, how busy they will be, management style, etc.

I normally call the Plat Res. line and have the agent call the hotel to see if they can work a deal, but you could probably call the hotel directly and ask as well.

I will admit that I haven't tried to get a points award upgraded room at London hotel though. So I don't know how willing they might be to work with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.