Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance La Defense (Puteaux) Paris, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance La Defense (Puteaux) Paris, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:07 am
alc

FYI... this is going back to CAT 6 as part of the 2018 Category Changes.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by alc
If you don't want to be in central Paris that's a huge savings.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA/*A nobody, Bonvoy Plat, SW A-list, Hertz 5* (but who isn't???)
Originally Posted by alc
And back to cat 4 post-merger fall 2018.

I was was able to get a five night September stay at 100,000 (fifth night free).

What has has changed so dramatically (if anything) at this property to warrant the 5>6>4 category changes in such a short period of time?

My last two trips, I stayed at the Ren Le Parc Trocadero and enjoyed it, but the Aug 2018 category increase there bumped me over to Ren La Defense given my points balance.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
It went from 25 to 30 to 20/25/30. It’s not really a dramatic change. More of just having to align to the new system.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA/*A nobody, Bonvoy Plat, SW A-list, Hertz 5* (but who isn't???)
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
It went from 25 to 30 to 20/25/30. It’s not really a dramatic change. More of just having to align to the new system.
Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:41 am

Any updates with this property? Debating to stay at this property as this only costs 1/2 as much compares to other Paris property.

Please let me know if its worth it, plan to do 5 nights in Paris with light sight seeing and Disneyland.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by anchor79
Any updates with this property? Debating to stay at this property as this only costs 1/2 as much compares to other Paris property.

Please let me know if its worth it, plan to do 5 nights in Paris with light sight seeing and Disneyland.
It's quite far out of the centre, which is why it's a lot cheaper than anything better located. It's not the worst base for a day in Disneyland or Versailles, but personally I wouldn't waste my time commuting if I were going to do a day of sightseeing.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
My wife and I have stayed at the property twice on five night trips; once many years ago and once last October. We found it to be very comfortable with excellent staff. It's ideal for day trips to Disneyland and Versailles (both of which we did), as you're a five minute walk from the RER. And we didn't find it at all difficult for sightseeing in Paris itself. You're just one stop on the RER from the Arc de Triomphe station. It is out of the way, but with easy transportation options we found it to be and excellent experience. Our visit last year was for our anniversary. That came up in conversation with one of the staff members in the club lounge and that evening we found a nice delivery in our room.
dgreen12, anchor79 and redpalmetto like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: EXP on AA, Plat Premier Marriott and CK on AA
La Defense is LaDefense

Originally Posted by wideman
I dissent.

One of the joys of staying in Paris is walking outside your hotel and enjoying the streets of Paris: their atmosphere, their people, their shops. You can't do that if you're staying in La Defense. For that matter, it seems to me that the Champs-Elysees (Marriot's location) is one of the least desirable in Paris: instead of being in a neighborhood that teems of Parisian life, you're among fast-food shops and tourists.

There are lots of nice places to stay in Paris at all price ranges in neighborhoods that have atmosphere: St Germain des Pres, the Marais, the Opera-Madeleine, Montmartre, Bastille-Republique, Montparnasse. Sorry, but to me staying in La Defense (or the Champs-Elysees) is completely missing the point of it all.

Agree 100% - I've stayed at all of them and LaDefense, although close to the trains, is still a big effort to really feel like you're in Paris. Nice hotel, but won't stay there again. It's just a lot of effort to get into the city (for me) - and the taxi's are way too expensive (for me) to do it daily.
anchor79 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's quite far out of the centre, which is why it's a lot cheaper than anything better located. It's not the worst base for a day in Disneyland or Versailles, but personally I wouldn't waste my time commuting if I were going to do a day of sightseeing.
I was comparing the reviews n such and Marriott Ambassador seem to have a horrible review (esp with the AC condition).

Le Meridien Etoile have a good points value too but It is not that far away from Renaissance La Defense (and the room condition seem better at Ren)

I plan to do 1 day at Disneyland Paris, 1 day at Le Village Outlet and another day to Versilles while I have 1.5 whole day within the city just walk around and eat / shop. Already done most of the tourist stuff within the city so is Ren still the better option out of the LeM / Marriott Opera?

I saw Ren Arc de Triumph have great reviews too but it is not convenient for public transportation to/from CDG right?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by anchor79
I was comparing the reviews n such and Marriott Ambassador seem to have a horrible review (esp with the AC condition).

Le Meridien Etoile have a good points value too but It is not that far away from Renaissance La Defense (and the room condition seem better at Ren)

I plan to do 1 day at Disneyland Paris, 1 day at Le Village Outlet and another day to Versilles while I have 1.5 whole day within the city just walk around and eat / shop. Already done most of the tourist stuff within the city so is Ren still the better option out of the LeM / Marriott Opera?

I saw Ren Arc de Triumph have great reviews too but it is not convenient for public transportation to/from CDG right?
LME is a huge convention type hotel with a souless institutional feel IMO and usually huge crowds in the lobby, breakfast, etc. (and is only one or two metro stops from Ren). Note that if you're taking the metro/buses Ren is in zone 3 so if you get a week pass this is important,
Ren has a much nicer feel and they are very nice (albeit without some f/u I'd expect eg the printers in the lounge weren't working b/c of an IT problem which I reported multiple times with assurance it would be fixed but when I returned months later still not fixed - apparently no one cared or f/u). - once when I stayed I noticed the front desk made a long distance call to another country b/c a customer had concerns about a family members illness and didn't charge them at all.
Near the Ren are 2 big shopping centers (with one having the lowest cost pharmacy eg a med that costs $80 in the US and requires an ex is 7 euros here and doesn't require an rx in most other countries at other pharm is was about 10 euros). More importantly though, the food available outside thhotel is not great so LM is better for that.
The one thing about the Ren is that it is a 5-10 minute walk outside from the metro to the hotel including much time outside so depending on season it could be unpleasant if raining or really cold and windy (or a challenge with really small children out of a stroller but still small)-but you do get to see some amazing architecture during the walk.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has stayed at the Ren La Defense this year?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Looking into this property that is located in Puteaux, outside of Paris.

Marriott.com: 4.1 / 5.0 - 316 reviews
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...hotel/reviews/

Tripadvisor 4.0 / 5.0 - 425 reviews
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e.html#REVIEWS

Booking.com 8.3 / 10.0 - 567 reviews
https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/ren...a-defence.html

Agoda.com 8.4 / 10.0 - 691 reviews
https://www.agoda.com/renaissance-pa...ml?cid=1844104
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by UASPG
Looking into this property that is located in Puteaux, outside of Paris.

Marriott.com: 4.1 / 5.0 - 316 reviews
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...hotel/reviews/

Tripadvisor 4.0 / 5.0 - 425 reviews
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...e.html#REVIEWS

Booking.com 8.3 / 10.0 - 567 reviews
https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/ren...a-defence.html

Agoda.com 8.4 / 10.0 - 691 reviews
https://www.agoda.com/renaissance-pa...ml?cid=1844104
Consistent at least.

David
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance La Defense recently?

I'm booked there next week and reached out to reception to understand current offerings for Titanium members. I was told the Club Lounge is only serving coffee and soft drinks "due to covid" and Titanium members can choose between breakfast in the restaurant for member + 1 per night or a one-time grant of 750 Bonvoy points. But Marriott policy seems to suggest that the breakfast or 750 points should both be per night? Also, either of these should be separate from the Welcome Gift, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.