Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance La Defense (Puteaux) Paris, France

Renaissance La Defense (Puteaux) Paris, France

Old Aug 19, 17, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
What are the lounge offerings like here?
Old Aug 19, 17, 4:51 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
Lounge has breakfast (a limited amount from upstairs restaurant, but good bread, croissants, cheese, etc) and a hot dish of scrambled eggs and something else I can't remember. Also I was not aware at first that you can request eggs made to order and they will get them from upstairs (unfortunately never cooked well IME)
All day soft drink and maybe beer? In the evening there is wine and 2 hot dishes, breads, cheese, etc. Of note the lounge is closed on weekends (and some week days -eg there was a bank holiday and it was closed) although you can still get drinks, tea/coffee just no set out food. IIRC there was no replacements for the lack of wine, etc. on those days (but breakfast was available in the restaurant for plats)
Old Aug 19, 17, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Lounge has breakfast (a limited amount from upstairs restaurant, but good bread, croissants, cheese, etc) and a hot dish of scrambled eggs and something else I can't remember. Also I was not aware at first that you can request eggs made to order and they will get them from upstairs (unfortunately never cooked well IME)
All day soft drink and maybe beer? In the evening there is wine and 2 hot dishes, breads, cheese, etc. Of note the lounge is closed on weekends (and some week days -eg there was a bank holiday and it was closed) although you can still get drinks, tea/coffee just no set out food. IIRC there was no replacements for the lack of wine, etc. on those days (but breakfast was available in the restaurant for plats)
Is champagne included in the breakfast? It is France, after all.
Old Aug 19, 17, 9:11 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Is champagne included in the breakfast? It is France, after all.
Sorry, no, and the prosecco they serve in the evening is sort of undrinkable

The only places I've had "champagne" included in the breakfast buffets have been at some *woods in Thailand and Malaysia It is a rather nice way to start the day
Old Aug 20, 17, 4:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by estnet View Post
Sorry, no, and the prosecco they serve in the evening is sort of undrinkable

The only places I've had "champagne" included in the breakfast buffets have been at some *woods in Thailand and Malaysia It is a rather nice way to start the day
I'm honestly surprised a French hotel would serve Italian sparkling wine at night. Even Air France serves champagne in economy-class. I would just think it would be a cultural no-no in France not to serve champagne.
Old Aug 20, 17, 3:13 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

I'm honestly surprised a French hotel would serve Italian sparkling wine at night. Even Air France serves champagne in economy-class. I would just think it would be a cultural no-no in France not to serve champagne.
I wish that were true
Old Aug 22, 17, 7:52 am

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Had a 2 night visit; Rate was very affordable and I was looking for value, benefits, etc.

In terms of location, I have been to Paris multiple times, so actually wanted to stay in a different area and explore new things. Weather was so nice that we walked, and walked, from hotel to Arc DT., etc. If not, subway station is adjacent.

As a Platinum, received a jr suite upgrade, corner view, high floor. View of other buildings, plaza. Lounge was more than fine. Hotel is modern. Room is new and modern, comfortable. Welcome gift and letter first night, second night had a bottle of Champagne. Turn down service. Staff was great, fluent in English, very hospitable.

Overall had a great stay. If you are looking for value, this is it. Does not have the old world charm, so if you are looking for that, this is not the place.

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Aug 24, 17 at 9:46 am
Old Aug 22, 17, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
For those who stayed at the property recently, is the lounge open or closed on the weekend? If closed, what do they do for brekkie? Please report & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 17, 8:31 am

No.

Stayed one whole week June 2017.

Lounge still open during weekend, with coffee machine and sodas.

But breakfast in lounge opened Mon-Fri. Evening appetizer opened Mon-Thu.

Elite members can have breakfast at the restaurant during weekend.
You can also have it at the restaurant instead of the lounge during weekday if you wish.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
For those who stayed at the property recently, is the lounge open or closed on the weekend? If closed, what do they do for brekkie? Please report & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 17, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
we walked, and walked, from hotel to Arc DT., etc.
How far is the walk?

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
Welcome gift and letter first night, second night had a bottle of Champagne. Turn down service. Staff was great, fluent in English, very hospitable.
A bottle of champagne? That's quite the welcome gift. Was it good champagne?
Old Aug 22, 17, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by zyclethe View Post
No.

Stayed one whole week June 2017. Lounge still open during weekend, with coffee machine and sodas. But breakfast in lounge opened Mon-Fri. Evening appetizer opened Mon-Thu. Elite members can have breakfast at the restaurant during weekend. You can also have it at the restaurant instead of the lounge during weekday if you wish.
Thanks! Will update the exec lounge sticky. Also, Welcome to Flyertalk!

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 17, 4:15 pm
alc

Originally Posted by alc View Post
Just curious if there are any rumours out there that this hotel will be leaving Marriott, as I ha d been checking every few days for Rewards booking in July 2018, all days are block. You can redeem up to June 2018. The hotel is available to book with a paid stay.

Thanks.
Just thought to do a bump on my question on why I can't book any rewards night starting in July 2018 for this hotel. Any thought?

Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 17, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by alc View Post
Just thought to do a bump on my question on why I can't book any rewards night starting in July 2018 for this hotel. Any thought?

Thanks.
They probably haven't loaded inventory yet. Keep checking back.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 17, 8:02 am

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
How far is the walk?

A post breakfast leisurely stroll of 2 hours, on vacation, no rush.

A bottle of champagne? That's quite the welcome gift. Was it good champagne?
3/4 size bottle, good enough. Not a fancy brand.
Old Nov 13, 17, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVP
when does the conceirge lounge stop serving the evening appetizers? ill be checking in around 8:30-9pm next week, sadly the christmas market closes at 8pm so wont be able to get dinner there.

Search this Thread