Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by goldenbear
Anyone else lose their UA Silver status received through being a Titanium today?

I did 78 nights in 2018 to get Titanium for 2019. Signed up at the RewardsPlus Marriott site in early February. UA status upgraded within 72 hours... then I book flight for 3/7 (which is tomorrow).

So today I'm about to check in to my flight tomorrow, and see I cannot select economy plus without paying $$. Think that's weird. Then notice I'm listed as a general member.

Go back to MR RewardPlus site - it says I've already signed up.

Arg, not even sure which whose IT is screwed up here, but I'm guessing it's Marriott's.

This is going to cost me $200 for bags and I am not even sure it's worth my time today calling around because I have a ton of stuff to do, that is if I even knew who to call...
From the Wiki:
i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Seems worth a try.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Counsellor
From the Wiki:

Seems worth a try.
Thanks for the reply and encouragement. 50 minutes of CS time later and I'm not sure there will be a resolution in time...

Marriott CS says call UA. UA says call Marriott - but the UA agent tells me she'd had a couple other calls today about the same thing, that the original status request from Marriott was for 1/1/19-3/4/19, and that I have to resubmit the request on the Marriott RewardsPlus page. Which is strange since I didn't request anything until early February. After, I did see my MP status go from general to silver within 72 hours. I'm convinced it's on the Marriott side with all their issues recently. And I can't actually re-request status through the Bonvoy/RewardsPlus site because it's still telling me that I already requested it (and of course had silver status for ~3 weeks) .

So now have a request in with Marriott for their IT team or whatever to handle it. Might have results tomorrow, but that's a pretty tight timeline. The agent said likely a 3-5 business day turnaround. Especially if they are bogged down with many others having the same problem - as it seems for whatever reason Marriott was only requesting status through 3/4. Probably just another programming oversight in their system.

Perhaps I wake up tomorrow and it says silver status...

Last edited by goldenbear; Mar 8, 2019 at 12:49 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:54 pm

Anyone else lose their UA Silver status received through being a Titanium today?

Originally Posted by jtp1947
Yesterday I was United Silver and today dropped to a General Member. I went back to Bonvoy and linked accounts again. We'll see how long it takes to show United Silver again.
Well, I after seeing this, I checked my United account. I am still United Silver. Goldenbear, I hope you get this sorted out so you don't have to pay $200 in baggage fees!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

I'm in the same boat, called United and told it's expired 4th Mar. Luckily I was able to resubmit the match again and hopefully it will resolved.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Glad I read this, or I would've been in for the same rude awakening when I fly United next month. I was able to re-register for the match, so here's hoping it goes through. Good luck, Goldenbear!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
I remained Silver with no re-registration...wierd...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Marriott CS says call UA. UA says call Marriott - but the UA agent tells me she'd had a couple other call today about the same thing and that the original status request from Marriott was for 1/1/19-3/4/19 and that I have to resubmit the request on the Marriott RewardsPlus page. Which is strange since I didn't request anything until early February and I did see my MP status go from general to silver within 72 hours. I'm convinced it's on the Marriott side with all their issues recently. And I can't actually re-request status through the Bonvoy/RewardsPlus site because it's still telling me that I already requested it (and of course had silver status for ~3 weeks) .
What? This makes no sense, but that makes it even more believable I am afraid
Counsellor likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
The link to register says it takes 7-10 days.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
7-10 days not so much

it has told me that I am already registered and that it takes 7-10 days for the last two months! And still dont have silver with united and LTT
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:29 pm

As a LTT I dropped from UA silver to GM back at the beginning of Feb. Relinked my accounts on Rewards Plus and was back to UA silver in a few days. Now I dropped back to GM again the past few days. Went to Rewards Plus and it says I'm already registered. This should be good.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, I'm still UA Silver (and no action required on my end). One of these days I'll have to actually fly UA
Attached Images  
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by nova08
As a LTT I dropped from UA silver to GM back at the beginning of Feb. Relinked my accounts on Rewards Plus and was back to UA silver in a few days. Now I dropped back to GM again the past few days. Went to Rewards Plus and it says I'm already registered. This should be good.
That doesn't sound good. Have you contacted MR for clarification?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
Another data point.

Lifetime Titanium. I linked up my MR and UA accounts sometime last year and I'm still UA Silver as of today. No effort on my part to retain it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Lifetime Titanium, plus qualified for annual Titanium last year through nights. Linked account last month, received Silver quickly, and was since downgraded to member as of yesterday. Re-linked and got message that I was already linked and should take 7-10 days. This mess that is Bonvoy is now getting really old.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Platinum Elite & United Premier Silver demotion

Just seeing if any other Platinum Elites lost their United Premier Silver status?

I've been checking my United account regularly since learning about the Bonvoy devaluation, and saw today that it changed from United Premier Silver to 'nobody' status. While not incredibly impressive, United Silver still provided quite a bit of value to me from SFO as a secondary airline with the free checked bag (up to 70lbs), E+ seat selection, Premier checkin areas, etc.

Now my beef with Bonfire:
I understand programs change, but by the time Marriott shared that Bonvoy Platinum status was losing the United benefit it was too late to do anything about it.

Had I known about the change (even as late as Dec. 2018), I could have shifted a couple flights from Alaska and earned United Silver normally through flying, which is quite easy as I'm always just a couple segments/EQMs short (hit Silver in 2017), but didn't feel the need to in 2018 since United Silver came with Marriott Platinum status. Or could've easily spared a few nights from Hyatt (since already hit Globalist in June last year) to reach Bonvoy Titanium.

Killin me, Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.