Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just noticed this banner on the United Status Tracker page:

Still showing as Silver and I've requalified anyway but I wonder if those who didn't will still see Silver for a little longer.
Mine said the same, before. Today it changed to:

Your current Premier Silver status and benefits are valid through January 31, 2019.

I did not have enough stays to requal for Platinum Elite, so guess I will be dropping to Gold and also losing my United status. It was nice while I had it; 2 out of 3 flights upgraded to F and free luggage checked.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just noticed this banner on the United Status Tracker page:

Still showing as Silver and I've requalified anyway but I wonder if those who didn't will still see Silver for a little longer.
I have LT PP status, and have been seeing the same message. I recall that it I consistent with prior years.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Noticed that my MP status has updated. Instead of an expiration date for Silver, it now shows "Trial Status".
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Come on Marriott & United. Give Bonvoy Titaniums the United Premier Gold status !
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Noticed that my MP status has updated. Instead of an expiration date for Silver, it now shows "Trial Status".
Same "Trial Status" on my account when viewing my United card in Apple Wallet. I had it last year from 75N Platinum as well which showed an expiration date of 1/31/19 until today.

Shows this on my Status Tracker page: Thank you for your participation in the RewardsPlus program. Before we can extend your Premier Silver status for 2019, we'll need to confirm your 2019 status with Marriott Rewards.

Last edited by VAFlyerSAN; Jan 19, 2019 at 10:33 pm Reason: Add info
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Same "Trial Status" on my account when viewing my United card in Apple Wallet. I had it last year from 75N Platinum as well which showed an expiration date of 1/31/19 until today.

Shows this on my Status Tracker page: Thank you for your participation in the RewardsPlus program. Before we can extend your Premier Silver status for 2019, we'll need to confirm your 2019 status with Marriott Rewards.
UA Digital Card will show status valid through Jan 31, 2019 until Feb 1, 2019, regardless of your status in 2019.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
No it shows “Trial” now
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Way back around '05 or '06, when I first qualified for old-Plat, I signed up for RewardsPlus, but my account got matched to an incorrect UA number (possibly an obsolete/dormant account from the 90s). I remember it was a big headache to get it corrected. Eventually I did, all was good. I lost statuses circa 2011, but when I re-achieved old-Plat in 2013, I re-registered for RewardsPlus and the correct UA number was used.

I lost status again, but now I'm back, this time as a Lifetime PPE/Titanium. I went to re- register, but it's back to showing the incorrect number. Ugh. This time, I did not complete the enrollment process.

TL/DR, my question is, what is the best phone number to call to resolve RewardsPlus enrollment process for MR elites? Just the usual MR customer service number, or is there a specific department I should be trying to reach?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: United Global Services
Did anyone's Marriott status change today? January 31st is when they were supposed to demote UA elites from Platinum to Gold. Mine is still Platinum, yay (for now).
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by roseallday
Did anyone's Marriott status change today? January 31st is when they were supposed to demote UA elites from Platinum to Gold. Mine is still Platinum, yay (for now).
That's pretty lucky; wonder how long it'll last. My UA went from Silver to general matched the other way.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by swag
TL/DR, my question is, what is the best phone number to call to resolve RewardsPlus enrollment process for MR elites? Just the usual MR customer service number, or is there a specific department I should be trying to reach?
Answering myself: I called the 801 rewards customer service line on Wednesday. They submitted the request to UA, and 2 days later, today, I have my UA silver status.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That's pretty lucky; wonder how long it'll last. My UA went from Silver to general matched the other way.
My UA is still showing Silver.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I'm still showing Platinum on the Marriott site. Over at United am showing as only a General Member now. If I click on the status tracker I get:

Status update in progress

Our site is temporarily unavailable as we close out the 2019 Premier qualifications. We expect to be back later this afternoon.

Last edited by dwcatty; Feb 1, 2019 at 9:31 am Reason: revised first part for clarity
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Sounds like they haven’t removed status for anyone yet but I think they’ll update status this afternoon for at least the non-marriott folks

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ystemwide.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.