Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:02 am

Didn't make PP (only Plat), when will I lose United Silver?

I really enjoy United Silver and even got my first CPU to clear (albeit on the short LAX-SAC route). I won't make PP this year so I expect to be losing United Silver which is the only perk I care about. When will I lose the status? Feb 28? December 31?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
If you are United Silver through Marriott PP, I would expect to lose United Silver when you drop from Marriott PP, which historically has been at the end of February.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If I am Marriott PPE (75 nights) through next year, and I open a United account now, will I need to have my Silver status re-instated next year, or will it carry through automatically?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by t1c
Who knows Titanium "might" = MP Silver and Ambassador = MP Gold....

Funny, exact same conversation going on in the UA forum in reverse: UA GS proposing they get MR Plat while UA Gold/Plat/1k get MR Gold in response to the "devaluation" from MR Plat to Gold for all.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
It would be great if someone would leak Starriott's plans for this... I rarely fly United but when I do having Silver is better than nothing.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Yes, UA Silver in 2019 is safe for Platinum Premiers

Originally Posted by dcchi
Anyone have any updates on whether this program will continue in 2019? I assume it would mean Plat Premieres convert to United MP Silver still, but is there confirmation yet that it will continue next year? Any hope for a different conversion (to MP Gold? One can only hope!)
I just hit 75 nights two weeks ago, and promptly rejoined Rewards Plus after a year hiatus.

I was immediately promoted from a plebe to UA Silver Elite in Mileage Plus.

I hardly think UA would have extended this benefit to MR partners absent an intention to honor it throughout 2019.

Only the names have been changed -- MR Platinum to MR Platinum Premier. (!)
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
I'm hitting 75 nights on my current points stay in Guangzhou. I decided to dump my United Explorer card ($95) for a few years. I'm sure I'll get Marriot Platinum Premier again in 2019 so the UA silver for a few years will be very nice. Don't really need the free bag and boarding with the Explorer card for now. I might actually dump my Chase Sapphire card too and save another $150 as the Cit Prestige is kicking up benefits enough that I might just go with it alone. Priority pass is good enough I won't need those two UA lounge passes with the UA explorer card either.

Edit: I just saw on another thread the new restrictions on the (2 remaining) Citi Prestige 4th night free are that one won't be able to book through the Consierge, only through the ThankYou portal. This kills Elite nights/points. I'll have to dump the Citi Prestige if this is the way it will be.. Arghhhh..

Last edited by kalo93406; Dec 24, 2018 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Renewal?

Anyone have experience with renewing RewardsPlus? Is it automatic? My status on UA shows Silver expiring Jan 2019 but when I go to the RewardsPlus site, it says I'm already registered. Requalified for Platinum Premier back in July.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:43 pm

I may be wrong, because now that I'm "Lifetime" my card does not show an expiration date, but as I recall the status expires at the end of the month, and the replacement cards used to be sent out during January. If that's still the case, your UA Silver should be good through the end of January.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's probably now safe to admit this. During the merger there was a very short period on a certain day where the RewardsPlus site came back after status had transitioned, but before changes had been made to recognize that the new Platinum was not the same as the old one, and somehow my account linking and matching was validated so I got MP Silver from my post-merger Platinum status that converted from MR Gold status that I got free from the Ritz-Carlton credit card.

I've been fortunate to make use of the lower cancellation penalties of MP Silver for the past five months or so even though I should not have it at all. Still, it'll be a bit sad to have it disappear at the end of the month. Curious to know now if anyone else was able to do this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I got MP Silver from my post-merger Platinum status that converted from MR Gold status that I got free from the Ritz-Carlton credit card.
Curious to know now if anyone else was able to do this.
I did the same, made use of it exactly once to get E+ seats on an award flight (fiancee was with me so I couldn't even try for the award CPU benefit). I thought about trying to match it to another airline but never did.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Just noticed this banner on the United Status Tracker page:

Thank you for your participation in the RewardsPlus program. Before we can extend your Premier status for 2019, we'll need to confirm your 2019 status with Marriott Rewards.

Still showing as Silver and I've requalified anyway but I wonder if those who didn't will still see Silver for a little longer.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just noticed this banner on the United Status Tracker page:

Still showing as Silver and I've requalified anyway but I wonder if those who didn't will still see Silver for a little longer.
Last year there was a gap. Status went through January. I took a flight in mid-Feb and my status disappeared. Had to call UA and have them verify status with Marriott for them to push it through for another year to get the better seats/boarding group for the Feb flight. Renewed actually flying UA in 2018 so 2019 for me won't be a problem.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:07 am

2018 UA status expires at the end of January 2019, so even if you've lost it going forward, you should still have it until 1 February.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Are they really going to make me wait until 2/28 to get UA silver? I'm confirmed 2019 Platinum Premier Elite.

Confirmation of your RewardsPlus registration is pending the authentication of your 2019 Platinum Premier Elite status. Please visit united.com to review your United MileagePlus account starting 2/28/19 to confirm that you are eligible to receive Premier Silver status through RewardsPlus in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.