Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Score8
Great. Let's assume that is true, what would be the steps then?
this https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
I tried registering for this pre-merger.....the status never appeared. Post-merger, the website tells me I have already registered, but still no UA silver status has ever appeared (meagre though it may be). An email to customer service many weeks ago remains unanswered.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swag
Post-merger, I believe you need Platinum Premier to get UA silver.
I am Platinum Premiere Elite.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:27 pm

Don't offer it if you don't have your act together. I would be perfectly fine if this was not touted as a bennifit, but now that it has, it needs to be delivered.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:49 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Techtravler
I am Platinum Premiere Elite.
Did you call United? They have a special team that deals with Marriott.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Did you call United? They have a special team that deals with Marriott.
Do you have contact info for this team? I can only imagine trying to reach such a team without direct contact info.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Techtravler
Don't offer it if you don't have your act together. I would be perfectly fine if this was not touted as a bennifit, but now that it has, it needs to be delivered.
So Marriott should offer nothing at the moment then!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott PPE,
I wrote to United and they had sent me a link. I put in my MR number and after a day or two, I logged in united and I was a silver. Try calling united to ask what to do as you are flying.

Also, go at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/miles.mi and add your united account.

Last edited by Alexflyer; Oct 4, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Question on timing of Rewards Plus.

I'm currently Marriott PPE and United Gold. I will qualify for Marriott Platinum (50 nts) this year, but due to a long break from work travel in 2018, I may not even make UA Silver. Right now, I'm projecting I'll end up around 23k miles. I'll make UA Gold or Plat in 2019, but it will take a while to get there.

It's not worth it to me to pay more (flight or otherwise) to make UA Silver, but I'm wondering if Rewards Plus will get me there? Can I reapply for the UA status in January, while I'm still PPE in Marriott? Will that work?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:14 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by JBord
Question on timing of Rewards Plus.

I'm currently Marriott PPE and United Gold. I will qualify for Marriott Platinum (50 nts) this year, but due to a long break from work travel in 2018, I may not even make UA Silver. Right now, I'm projecting I'll end up around 23k miles. I'll make UA Gold or Plat in 2019, but it will take a while to get there.

It's not worth it to me to pay more (flight or otherwise) to make UA Silver, but I'm wondering if Rewards Plus will get me there? Can I reapply for the UA status in January, while I'm still PPE in Marriott? Will that work?
Since you have been PPE have you ever linked your UA and PPE accounts? by default it should show you as UA Silver.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by t1c
Since you have been PPE have you ever linked your UA and PPE accounts? by default it should show you as UA Silver.
Yes. You mean it would show somewhere on the Marriott site? I'm currently still Gold on UA for this year.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:35 am
t1c

Originally Posted by JBord
Yes. You mean it would show somewhere on the Marriott site? I'm currently still Gold on UA for this year.
No you will have to call MR and make sure.

When your gold goes away you should default to silver assuming your still PPE or LT PPE.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
No you will have to call MR and make sure.

When your gold goes away you should default to silver assuming your still PPE or LT PPE.
I'm going to try this again. I'm currently PPE, but will drop to Platinum in 2019 with Marriott. I am currently Gold with UA but will drop to no status with UA in 2019.

I've currently linked the accounts. But there's a timing issue here, right? Are you saying that since I'll still be PPE in January/February 2019, I will automatically get UA Silver? Or is there something I need to do in one of those months? Marriott status runs through Feb and UA runs through January.

Can I do anything in January or February while I'm still PPE to get Silver, or are they comparing the 2019 statuses (which would be Marriott Platinum beginning 3/1 and UA None beginning 2/1).

Sorry for repeating, but I'm trying to understand now if I have an option to get UA Silver for 2019 or if I should consider finding a cheap way to earn it on UA before the end of the year instead.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Anyone have any updates on whether this program will continue in 2019? I assume it would mean Plat Premieres convert to United MP Silver still, but is there confirmation yet that it will continue next year? Any hope for a different conversion (to MP Gold? One can only hope!)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:37 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by dcchi
Anyone have any updates on whether this program will continue in 2019? I assume it would mean Plat Premieres convert to United MP Silver still, but is there confirmation yet that it will continue next year? Any hope for a different conversion (to MP Gold? One can only hope!)
Who knows Titanium "might" = MP Silver and Ambassador = MP Gold....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.