Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I get this error when I try to register for RewardsPlus :

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1048

Column 'usr_state_province' cannot be null

INSERT INTO usr_users (DATE_ADDED, LAST_UPDATE, usr_user_id, usr_first_name, usr_last_name, usr_middle_initial, usr_address1, usr_address2, usr_city, usr_country_code, usr_postal_code, usr_state_province, usr_email, usr_phone, usr_level) VALUES (XXXXXX)
I changed the values to 'XXX' myself.
Error is pretty clear, I don't have a state_province as I'm not a US/Canadian. I cannot add a state either as it doesn't accept other states than US/Canadian.

So I wonder, is this benefit only for US/Canadian or should I just call to be signed-up manually?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:36 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kcaluwae

Error is pretty clear, I don't have a state_province as I'm not a US/Canadian. I cannot add a state either as it doesn't accept other states than US/Canadian.

So I wonder, is this benefit only for US/Canadian or should I just call to be signed-up manually?
Call and sign up manually...
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:02 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
I just did it from Thailand so would doubt the restriction.

Originally Posted by kcaluwae

Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Nobody else got this offer in the mail?

"Now's the time — convert hotel points to miles and enjoy a 30% bonus.
Simply register, convert hotel loyalty points from any of our partner hotels by November 30, 2017, and we'll give you 30% bonus award miles — up to 25,000. Top off your mileage balance and get closer to award travel, upgrades and more"

Terms and conditions:
1. Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register for the promotion between October 9, 2016 and 11:59pm EST November 30, 2017 ("Promotional Period").
2. Qualifying Activity: A member must earn award miles as a result of one or more points to miles conversion transactions from any combination of MileagePlus hotel partner programs that offer a points to miles transfer program that are conducted during the Promotional Period ("Qualifying Activity") in order to qualify for MileagePlus Hotel Points-to-Miles bonus miles ("Bonus Miles"). Qualifying Activity must be completed by 11:59pm EST November 30, 2017.
3. Posting of Promotional Miles: (a) Subject to part 3(b) and 3(c), at the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity will be multiplied by 30% to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles. (b) Club Carlson - At the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity with Club Carlson will be multiplied by 100%, instead of 30%, to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles. The incremental bonus shall be provided by Club Carlson, and MileagePlus shall have no liability for any bonus in excess of 30%. (c) Choice Privileges - During the Promotional Period, Choice Privileges will allow their members to convert Choice Privileges points to MileagePlus award miles at a ratio of 5,000 Choice Privileges points to 2,500 MileagePlus award miles (instead of 5,000 points-to-1,000 miles). The increased conversion ratio shall be provided by Choice Privileges, and MileagePlus shall have no liability for such conversion offer. The award miles earned as a result of such a transfer will be eligible for a 30% bonus, if all other offer terms are met. For example, 5,000 Choice Privileges points would convert to 3,250 award miles if both the increased conversion ratio (resulting in 2,500 miles) and 30% bonus (resulting in 750 miles) are applicable. (d) Bonus Miles will be credited into the member's account on or before January 30, 2017. The maximum bonus miles that can be earned by a member under this promotion is 25,000. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical problems with partner miles postings, or failures or delays in miles postings by hotel partners, that would render any points to miles converted as ineligible under this promotion.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Exdon
Nobody else got this offer in the mail?

"Now's the time — convert hotel points to miles and enjoy a 30% bonus.
Simply register, convert hotel loyalty points from any of our partner hotels by November 30, 2017, and we'll give you 30% bonus award miles — up to 25,000. Top off your mileage balance and get closer to award travel, upgrades and more"

Terms and conditions:
1. Registration: To qualify for this offer, members must register for the promotion between October 9, 2016 and 11:59pm EST November 30, 2017 ("Promotional Period").
2. Qualifying Activity: A member must earn award miles as a result of one or more points to miles conversion transactions from any combination of MileagePlus hotel partner programs that offer a points to miles transfer program that are conducted during the Promotional Period ("Qualifying Activity") in order to qualify for MileagePlus Hotel Points-to-Miles bonus miles ("Bonus Miles"). Qualifying Activity must be completed by 11:59pm EST November 30, 2017.
3. Posting of Promotional Miles: (a) Subject to part 3(b) and 3(c), at the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity will be multiplied by 30% to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles. (b) Club Carlson - At the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity with Club Carlson will be multiplied by 100%, instead of 30%, to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles. The incremental bonus shall be provided by Club Carlson, and MileagePlus shall have no liability for any bonus in excess of 30%. (c) Choice Privileges - During the Promotional Period, Choice Privileges will allow their members to convert Choice Privileges points to MileagePlus award miles at a ratio of 5,000 Choice Privileges points to 2,500 MileagePlus award miles (instead of 5,000 points-to-1,000 miles). The increased conversion ratio shall be provided by Choice Privileges, and MileagePlus shall have no liability for such conversion offer. The award miles earned as a result of such a transfer will be eligible for a 30% bonus, if all other offer terms are met. For example, 5,000 Choice Privileges points would convert to 3,250 award miles if both the increased conversion ratio (resulting in 2,500 miles) and 30% bonus (resulting in 750 miles) are applicable. (d) Bonus Miles will be credited into the member's account on or before January 30, 2017. The maximum bonus miles that can be earned by a member under this promotion is 25,000. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical problems with partner miles postings, or failures or delays in miles postings by hotel partners, that would render any points to miles converted as ineligible under this promotion.
Already being discussed in the Travel Package thread.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:27 pm
alc

While I can't remember which thread that someone mentioned above the following message on the Marriott Travel Package web page where it indicated the 10% bonus will end at the end of Sept 2017:

You’ll receive 10% more MileagePlus miles when you redeem for a Marriott Rewards Hotel + Air Package, up to 12,000 more miles. Your bonus miles are shown below. Discover all the advantages of RewardsPlus. And for a limited time, Gold and Platinum Elite members can enjoy complimentary United Signature Service℠ for two people when redeeming for one of these packages. Restrictions apply. Call Marriott Rewards Guest Services for more details when redeeming. Redemption for this limited-time offer ends September 30, 2017.
But thought to post it in this thread as it is the "RewardsPlus" thread and to confirm that it is still 10% bonus as of yesterday where I called to order my TP and 132K show up on my account today:
Code:
Date		Description			Activity
10/14/2017	RewardsPlus Travel Package 4	132,000
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by alc
While I can't remember which thread that someone mentioned above the following message on the Marriott Travel Package web page where it indicated the 10% bonus will end at the end of Sept 2017:

But thought to post it in this thread as it is the "RewardsPlus" thread and to confirm that it is still 10% bonus as of yesterday where I called to order my TP and 132K show up on my account today:
Code:
Date		Description			Activity
10/14/2017	RewardsPlus Travel Package 4	132,000
I believe that Sept 30 deadline was for the United Signature Service perk.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:51 pm
alc

Originally Posted by edcho
I believe that Sept 30 deadline was for the United Signature Service perk.
if you go to the link in my last post, the quoted paragraph is still visible under the RewardsPlus section.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by alc
if you go to the link in my last post, the quoted paragraph is still visible under the RewardsPlus section.
I saw that but I still interpreted "Redemption for this limited-time offer ends September 30, 2017." = United Signature Service. Just a poorly written section IMO (and hasn't been updated since).

The 10% bonus was there before and will continue to be there in the near future.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:28 pm
alc

I saw that but I still interpreted "Redemption for this limited-time offer ends September 30, 2017." = United Signature Service. Just a poorly written section IMO (and hasn't been updated since).

The 10% bonus was there before and will continue to be there in the near future.
Ah I see. I guess maybe I never did follow thru the discussion when the other FTer mentioned this Sep 30th message. I didn't think it will end and thought to just provide a data point that it did continue past the Sep 30 date. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:05 pm

Great to know. It will be a busy Friday for me. Thank you for the confirmation.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:09 pm

Does anyone know usually how long will it take for Marriott to UA transfer complete? I've heard anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 week to a couple of days.

I suppose under current 30% promo, you can transfer multiple times & each will net 25K miles max. correct?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:22 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ddjen11
Does anyone know usually how long will it take for Marriott to UA transfer complete? I've heard anywhere from 6 weeks to 1 week to a couple of days.

I suppose under current 30% promo, you can transfer multiple times & each will net 25K miles max. correct?

Thanks!
No its a max of 25k per account.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I just logged into United for the first time this year and noticed I m no longer United Silver from this program. I registered on the RewardsPlus web site but it will not take effect until March. Is there a way to get the Silver status from this program before then? I have United flights every week until March so would be great to get back to Silver.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I just logged into United for the first time this year and noticed I m no longer United Silver from this program. I registered on the RewardsPlus web site but it will not take effect until March. Is there a way to get the Silver status from this program before then? I have United flights every week until March so would be great to get back to Silver.
Contact Marriott, explain, and ask if they can expedite the processing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.