Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2004, 6:53 am

Points to United Miles

Rcvd Email indicating could transfer points from Marriott to United. Email not too specific. Is there a charge? Minimum # 0f miles or in certain amts? Anybody tried this? thanks
Old Apr 9, 2004, 9:19 am
glg

It's a standard award listed on the website:

http://marriott.com/rewards/usepoint...WT_Ref=mi_left
Old Apr 9, 2004, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Was there anything in the email that led you to believe that there was a special MR-UA promotion going on?
Old Apr 9, 2004, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Lightbulb ITS A UA Promotion

I too received this email

The email was from UA. You had to redeem in blocks of enough to get 10K UA miles and then UA would give you 2.5K bonus miles

The email was pretty specific - you redeem by the date specified and get the bonus

HTH

Now through May 31, 2004, when you convert enough hotel points to equal at least 10,000 Mileage Plus miles, you’ll earn bonus miles.

Here’s how this special point-transfer program works:

— Select a hotel points program that you belong to from the list below
— Convert the hotel point equivalent of 10,000–19,999 miles, and you’ll earn 2,500 bonus miles
— Convert the hotel point equivalent of 20,000 miles or more, and you’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles

Marriott Rewards, visit Marriott online

Radisson Gold Rewards, visit Radisson online or call 1-800-508-9000

Priority Club Rewards, visit InterContinental Hotels Group online or call 1-888-211-9874

Choice Privileges, visit Choice Hotels online or call 1-888-770-6800

Gold Crown Club International, visit Best Western online or call 1-800-237-8483

Last edited by jan_az; Apr 9, 2004 at 9:27 pm Reason: add promotion details
Old Apr 10, 2004, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta murdered it. RIP WorldPerks
More promo details please

Does anyone know if this is a targeted UA promotion? Is there a link in the Email people are receiving from UA that can be used to register? I'm not sure UA would automatically add the bonus to every redemption made in this time period...

I have a stack of MR points and if I can get the bonus this would be a good time to convert them.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
There was no link to register and nothing that said only good for the receipient of this mailing
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Transfer MR Points to someone elses United Account

Is it possible to transfer some of my MR points into United MP miles of my partners?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 9:46 am

Post How to transfer Marriott Rewards to Mileage program

If i choose earning preference to Miles/other program, Point will transfer to Miles/other program automatically or do i have to transfer by myself?

i'm not sure because i see this document from United Airlines

Convert points into miles: Marriott Rewards® members may convert Marriott Rewards points into award miles in the following increments:

10,000 points to 2,000 miles
20,000 points to 5,000 miles
30,000 points to 10,000 miles
70,000 points to 25,000 miles
125,000 points to 50,000 miles

I hope everyone will understand my topic. I can't write English very well
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mariojuztme
If i choose earning preference to Miles/other program, Point will transfer to Miles/other program automatically or do i have to transfer by myself?

i'm not sure because i see this document from United Airlines

Convert points into miles: Marriott Rewards® members may convert Marriott Rewards points into award miles in the following increments:

10,000 points to 2,000 miles
20,000 points to 5,000 miles
30,000 points to 10,000 miles
70,000 points to 25,000 miles
125,000 points to 50,000 miles

I hope everyone will understand my topic. I can't write English very well
If you select miles as your earning preference they will post to your United account.
If you select points and want to transfer them you can do so from your United account with the ratio you quoted above.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
These are two different things.

1. Earn Miles

If you choose to earn miles directly, then you earn either 2 or 1 miles per US dollar spent. It depends on the property. To see the earnings, check here - https://www.marriott.com/rewards/earn-points/miles.mi

These post directly to your airline account. You don't have to do anything.

To do this, you will select with Marriott Rewards your earning preference to be miles.

2. Earn Points and Transfer to United

You can transfer Marriott Rewards points to United after you have earned them IF you select to earn points. That is where the chart from United comes from. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...fer/hotel.aspx

In this case, you need to ask Marriott to transfer the points, so you would have to do something in this case.

To do this, you would select to earn points with Marriott Rewards, and then when you want to convert to miles, go to this link - https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi - and order the number of miles you want to buy with your points.

Last edited by GregWTravels; Apr 28, 2013 at 3:42 am Reason: added clarity on action required by the member.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:06 pm

Is it possible to transfer my Marriott miles to someone else's frequent flyer account? Specifically, I want to transfer my Marriott miles to my friend's Alaska airline account. Must the name matched in order to do the transfer? Would they check? Anyone done this before?
Old May 1, 2013, 7:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Is anyone anticipating a devaluation of the redemption rates for transfers of Marriott points to airline miles this year? Of is this year's hotel category creep unlikely to make transfers to airline miles more attractive?

In other words, are the airlines devaluing their miles just as quickly as Marriott is devaluing their points?
Old May 23, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by ricedion
Is it possible to transfer my Marriott miles to someone else's frequent flyer account? Specifically, I want to transfer my Marriott miles to my friend's Alaska airline account. Must the name matched in order to do the transfer? Would they check? Anyone done this before?
I guess no one has done this before. I went ahead to do the transfer about 3 weeks ago. Points has been deducted from my Marriott account, but still haven't seen the point in my friend's Alaska airline account yet. They state that it takes between 6-8 weeks anyway. Finger crossed.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
T&C say transferred points have to go into your FF account. T&C provided below:
  1. Marriott Rewards members requesting a Mileage Reward must be a member of the relevant airline frequent flyer program in order to receive a Mileage Reward.
  2. Once frequent flyer miles have been requested, miles will automatically be transferred to the member's frequent flyer account. Please allow up to six weeks for miles to be posted to your frequent flyer account. For some airlines, expedited services are available for an additional fee.
  3. Once miles are credited to the member's frequent flyer account, changes, reissuance or recredit of Marriott Rewards points are not allowed.
  4. The terms and conditions of the airline programs control the redemption and distribution of the miles earned through Marriott Rewards.
  5. The frequent flyer program names are registered trademarks of the airlines. The airlines reserve the right to change the frequent flyer program at any time with or without notice. The airline is not responsible for products or services promised or supplied by other participating companies.
Regarding devaluation, yes it will happen. Inflation is a fact of life with regard to all forms of currencies, whether it be FF miles, FS points, or cash.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: Priority Club Spare ,BA Silver,Iberia Plus,El Al Silver
Rate changed

Instead of "125,000 points to 50,000 miles"
Now is 140,000 points to 50,000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.