Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
On my flight yesterday I saw the Rewards Plus bonus of 1000 points when booking a Marriott room through United Rewards Plus. So I decided I was going to book one night at my destination. When I go back to that site it just shows my next return flight home. It seems as if one has to book the room before the flight and can't book a room after you've reached your destination. Do others see it this way? I might be missing something as I thought it say withing 90 days of a flight. Might have to call to get more details unless someone has experience with this. Thanks if you have any info..
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Just sign up. It literally takes a link clicking and some typing. Even if you don't use it once, at least you have it in your back pocket in case you ever get re-routed on UA or placed on it for work/leisure. It costs nothing too!
Yea I definitely will. It looks like you get a free checked bag too. That's worth $60 round trip if you were checking one.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My husband and I are both Gold and Million Milers on UA. For a while this year we had Marriott Platinum but now see we are both downgraded to Gold. The way my husband, now retired, traveled on business and was year after year a Black card member, then Gold, he should be at least Lifetime Gold, and he is not. Doesn't buy much but at least after Marriott down grades or drops UA, he will still have Gold. I am very disappointed in Marriott. I thought they had gotten the transition right after all but ALAS!! So far, they have not responded to my husband's letter asking for a review of his account.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
today is my lucky day, I am silver. I wrote to united, who wrote back that MARRIOTT was the one that needed to verify so united could extend the status.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I guess I am going to try writing to United now. I called Marriott and they said call United, and you know what United said, call Marriott. I have tried 3 long calls to Marriott with absolutely no results. When I try and register on the Marriott site it gives me an incorrect United account # that isn't mine. When I call United they have no record of the account # Marriott has and Marriott says they can't see the incorrect United # in their records.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by jtp1947
I guess I am going to try writing to United now. I called Marriott and they said call United, and you know what United said, call Marriott. I have tried 3 long calls to Marriott with absolutely no results. When I try and register on the Marriott site it gives me an incorrect United account # that isn't mine. When I call United they have no record of the account # Marriott has and Marriott says they can't see the incorrect United # in their records.
I had similar issues where Marriott wanted to match me to an incorrect UA number. Twice actually, once back around 2014 when I first qualified, and then again this year when I re-achieved Titanium. Each time, it took a phone call to Marriott, but the agent was able to resolve it after one phone call and a day or three of waiting.

Marriott is where you should be calling, and keep HUCAing, I guess.
jtp1947 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you mean you registered in January and you did not get the UA status changed until March? but it did change, without your having to call Marriott, right?

We hardly fly UA but it so happens that we would have an UA segment in coach as our last segment on an Aeroplan RTW business class award (the only Y segment in the whole itinerary and would remain in Y I am afraid as I have never seen UA releases J seats on this segment even using UA miles). Just want to get a free checked bag IN CASE we might need it. I registered the RewardPlus today, as long as it would eventually change in even 7 to 10 weeks I am fine with it.
Originally Posted by ceber
and reconfirmed several times since, always it says 7-10 days, still no change in status with united.
Originally Posted by nacho
Same here I guess I'll have to contact Marriott to open another "case".
Signed up on 03/12/19 after 10:30pm based on the time stamp on the saved PDF file of the screen shot upon linking the accounts.

I just checked today 03/15/19, I am Premier Silver. Even if it only changes from last night's processing, it would still seem a SUPER FAST link up based on others reports here!

Last edited by Happy; Mar 15, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
OrdinaryVoy

The method for enrolling in the Titanium benefit of United MilagePlus Premier Silver Status is not in plain sight on the BonVoy site. The Titanium benefits page simply states RewardsPlus and mentions the complimentary status.
On the United site: rewardsplus.unitedmileageplus.com there is a footnote with a link to Sign up for Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite member? Sign up for RewardsPlus.
The mrrewardsplus.com site can't be reached, however.

I have submitted an inquiry to BonVoy Customer Support asking to resolve this before my flight so I can realize the benefit of Titaniumism. It should not be this tedious and difficult to get the information and receive a benefit.

Sigh
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I reapplied March 8. After 3 phone calls to Marriott, one email to Marriott, one call to United and one email to United I have Premier Silver again. I wish I knew which one did the trick because this will surely, and don't call me Shirley, happen again next March.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
united premier silver with Marriott ambassador?

in the past Marriott Platinum and ambassador status would receive united premier silver. is this still the case? if so how does one sign up?

thanks in advance.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
received this link from my ambassador. this one seems to work great:

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/details/
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Aker
received this link from my ambassador. this one seems to work great:

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/details/
Doesn't work for me.

Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try this

RewardsPlus: ELEVATED. EVERYWHERE

Once you choose your Marriott membership tier, the site would direct you to this

https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/

I used a different site found from googling, to link mine on 03/12, it only took 2 days to show status on 03/15. Unfortunately that site has stopped working!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Aker
in the past Marriott Platinum and ambassador status would receive united premier silver. is this still the case? if so how does one sign up?

thanks in advance.
You have to remember that the "new" Bonvoy MR Platinum (50 nights) is not the same as the "old" MR Platinum (75 nights). You'll need to be Titanium to qualify for United Silver as I understand it (and judging from this thread, many Titaniums are having problems getting it). Good luck, and be persistent.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Karen2
My husband and I are both Gold and Million Milers on UA. For a while this year we had Marriott Platinum but now see we are both downgraded to Gold. The way my husband, now retired, traveled on business and was year after year a Black card member, then Gold, he should be at least Lifetime Gold, and he is not. Doesn't buy much but at least after Marriott down grades or drops UA, he will still have Gold. I am very disappointed in Marriott. I thought they had gotten the transition right after all but ALAS!! So far, they have not responded to my husband's letter asking for a review of his account.
Have you combined your Marriott and SPG accts, my inlaws were in a similar situation and it turned out they had not linked their accts yet and were somehow using a new number previously associated with their SPG acct, once they combined accts they jumped up a level for lifetime status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.