Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:59 pm

I am new to MR having just come over in the Starwood merger. Where can I find a chart that gives me transfer values to airline miles? Also, what airlines can I transfer mr points to?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Milkman
I've done it twice and I'm quite sure the transaction was cleared after one or maximum 2 business days.
Has anyone transferred recently? Do points hit overnight?

Today is my 2nd business day and points still aren't there. I'm worried that my award space will be gone by the time the points hit.

Edit: 2nd business day technically. They hit after noon.

Last edited by TTnC4me; Apr 4, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if the UA incident will change anything - would MR drop UA or get better terms from them in the merged program....
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:34 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by username
I wonder if the UA incident will change anything - would MR drop UA or get better terms from them in the merged program....
I doubt it unless Delta or American come up with a boat load of cash. United is here to stay. I'm sure they are in constant talks with Delta and United as well as Chase and Amex.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:46 pm

And technically it (apparently) wasn't United itself, but rather one of their "United Express" partners, who was responsible for the incident itself. (Admittedly, the first statements by United's CEO didn't help matters, though.)
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:12 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ork-here-s-why
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Oh, and remember, of course, that if you redeem for (or buy) a business class (or higher) international ticket, you can get lounge access related to those flights even if you have no United status and even if you have no United credit card.
Anyone know what the typical transfer time is from MR to United? I transferred Sunday and still nothing on Wednesday, and the award I'm eyeing has no farelock avail

edit-- for anyone curious, took from Sunday night to Wednesday @ Noon.

Last edited by terpzone; Apr 26, 2017 at 10:14 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:15 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
I could Marriott dumping UA for Delta since there is already an existing relationship between Spg and Delta. If delta sees the benefit of the tie in it might up the ante to capture the legion of MR members.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Chase is the common thread here, and they have a close relationship with both Marriott and United
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:11 pm

What I wish Marriott did with UA is the same thing SPG does with DL. Why couldn't you give out 1 UA miles for every dollar spent on top of everything else?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:44 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
What I wish Marriott did with UA is the same thing SPG does with DL. Why couldn't you give out 1 UA miles for every dollar spent on top of everything else?
They might in the future...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:48 pm

My points are taking forever to transfer it has been close to 4 weeks now. Do I call Marriot or United ?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:00 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by tiberius
My points are taking forever to transfer it has been close to 4 weeks now. Do I call Marriot or United ?
Did you do a travel package or a conversion of points?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Did you do a travel package or a conversion of points?
Just conversion of points. I spoke with Marriott yesterday, they said will look into it and call me back.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Next United bonus miles for Marriott Rewards transfer

Saw the American Airlines bonus transfer miles has come back this year. Anyone have an educated guess as to when the United 25% bonus will resurface?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.