Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I would like to know the answer to this too.

From reading the link on the United page after I registered, it state the following about the travel package:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...telandcar.aspx

So, my guess is that travel package is included as otherwise, why they even mentioned it in this page.

I had been waiting for these convert promo, so I might just try it and see what happen.
I was waiting for this promo and booked my travel package today.

I guess it will take those 6-8 weeks to find out if I get those extra 20,000 miles.

All the bloggers are touting that you do.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:03 pm
alc

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I was waiting for this promo and booked my travel package today.

I guess it will take those 6-8 weeks to find out if I get those extra 20,000 miles.

All the bloggers are touting that you do.
my 132K just posted on my United today, hopefully the 20K will post within 6-8 weeks.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by alc
my 132K just posted on my United today, hopefully the 20K will post within 6-8 weeks.
Mine did too. I asked in another thread what their experience was for past promos and they said they did get the 20,000 bonus miles. Encouraging.

Now we wait.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I did this last March, and I did get the 25,000 mile bonus a few weeks later (not sure why it's only 20,000 now). I just checked my statement from March and it took exactly three weeks. Not sure if it will happen this time but that's a pretty quick turnaround for that many bonus miles. An awesome conversion to get 152,000 miles and a 7 night stay. I'll do this every time if it keeps occurring.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by mclymerne
I did this last March, and I did get the 25,000 mile bonus a few weeks later (not sure why it's only 20,000 now). I just checked my statement from March and it took exactly three weeks. Not sure if it will happen this time but that's a pretty quick turnaround for that many bonus miles. An awesome conversion to get 152,000 miles and a 7 night stay. I'll do this every time if it keeps occurring.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
25% bonus on hotel -> MP point conversions (up to 20k miles)

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...015/index.html

Posting of Promotional Miles: At the conclusion of the promotion, all miles earned by each member from Qualifying Activity will be multiplied by 25% (with exception of miles earned from Qualifying Activity with Club Carlson, which will instead be multiplied by 40%, and miles earned from Qualifying Activity with Choice Privileges, which will instead be multiplied by 50%, in each case without duplication of bonuses) to determine the eligible bonus up to a maximum of 20,000 Bonus Miles. Bonus Miles will be credited into the member's account on or before January 30, 2017.The maximum bonus miles that can be earned by a member under this promotion is 20,000. MileagePlus will not be responsible for technical problems with partner miles postings, or failures or delays in miles postings by hotel partners, that would render any points to miles converted as ineligible under this promotion.

This is pretty cool since Marriott already gives a 20% boost. So 112k marriott points = 62.5k UA miles
Glad to see they are bringing this promotion back, even with slightly less miles than last year. Thanks for posting!
Old Nov 5, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Quick question, generally on the topic of this older thread...

As a Ritz Carlton Rewards member (not Marriott Rewards), is it still possible to redeem my points for a RewardsPlus Travel Package (with the 10% UA mileage bonus)? Or, would I have have to first convert my rewards program membership from Ritz to Marriott?

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:04 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Quick question, generally on the topic of this older thread...

As a Ritz Carlton Rewards member (not Marriott Rewards), is it still possible to redeem my points for a RewardsPlus Travel Package (with the 10% UA mileage bonus)? Or, would I have have to first convert my rewards program membership from Ritz to Marriott?

-FlyerBeek
Its the same no matter if its Ritz or Marriott. I'm Ritz and mine worked just fine.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by t1c
Its the same no matter if its Ritz or Marriott. I'm Ritz and mine worked just fine.
Great. Thanks for the response.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:16 pm

transfer marriott points to UA

How long does it normally take? and for those promotion such as the current UA 25% bonus hotel points until Nov 30, does it require that the points transfer be complete by the deadline to get the bonus? thanks
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:19 am
alc

Mine took a couple of days to show up on my account. For the bonus on the current 20K max promo, others had indicated that it will post toward end of Jan 2017.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:32 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by susieling
How long does it normally take? and for those promotion such as the current UA 25% bonus hotel points until Nov 30, does it require that the points transfer be complete by the deadline to get the bonus? thanks
January 31st all of the bonus point for hotel transfers will have been posted.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I recently converted 24,000 Marriott points to 10,000 United miles. Is there a delayed bonus for such conversion that I should be looking for by 2017?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:48 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by transportprof
I recently converted 24,000 Marriott points to 10,000 United miles. Is there a delayed bonus for such conversion that I should be looking for by 2017?
The only delay will be in your 25% bonus points. They will post before or at January 31st 2017.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by transportprof
As long as you registered for the promo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.