Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership Announced

As a UA 1k I'm going to register. However, as a Hilton diamond, I'm not thy interested in Marriott gold.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a family that flies only American and stays at Marriott all I can say is this sucks.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
OT: I must have missed this...Since I don't stay at Starwood Hotels, I didn't sign up for the DL/*W cross promotion. Are you telling me if I do, I will be getting *W points in addition to the DL points, just for doing what I already do? Gosh, I feel as though I've robbed myself. I've likely done 50 flights since the announcement.
Yes as long as you are Starwood Gold or Platinum, you earn one Starwood point for every dollar spent. I even earned Starwood points for an United IRROP where they put me on a Delta flight...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I agree with all the Marriott elites who will get hosed by dilution. However:

5. Complimentary status offerings are valid through January 31, 2014.

Does this mean being a MR Gold expires or you can only register through this date?

Hopefully just short term pain for those who truly earned it.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
WOW...big plus for me!

Ok-so this is HUGE for me!!!

I have to order 1 travel package by next week (for a stay 7 days from then) and have 4-5 MORE to order in August. That will mean HUGE bonuses for me!!!

I have orderered ~15 or so of these...this will DEFINATELY mean more business to MR. ^

I was evaluating my 2013 remaining business..was thinking of adding back in Hyatt (due to a stay in FRA/Mainz next year) but this stopped it. Now, if they added one point/$ of UA spend I would DUMP SPG!!!

Well done Marriott...well done. (EVEN if I have to pay for +2,3,4,5 in lounge)
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
So Starwood + Delta, and Marriott + United. The only remaining question is whether Hilton will allow itself to be linked to AA...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PebbleBeach
I agree with all the Marriott elites who will get hosed by dilution. However:

5. Complimentary status offerings are valid through January 31, 2014.

Does this mean being a MR Gold expires or you can only register through this date?

Hopefully just short term pain for those who truly earned it.
Great question... wonder if this is a test run and they will extend it if it works for both parties?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by frequentjohn
Yes as long as you are Starwood Gold or Platinum, you earn one Starwood point for every dollar spent. I even earned Starwood points for an United IRROP where they put me on a Delta flight...
Ahhh, there's the fly in the ointment. I primarily stay at Marriotts and use Hilton as my back-up. Oh well...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Platinum Elite
Total and complete devaluation and dilution for Marriott Rewards elite members! I'm very close to Marriott Lifetime Gold! Gonna get that, then dump MR! Say hello to overcrowded lounges!!

Last edited by GeorgiaDawg93; Jul 15, 2013 at 9:40 am Reason: Content
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Excellent. I thought I had received my last baggage fee waiver on UA with my US lifetime Silver/*A Silver status. Now I have UA Silver via Marriott lifetime PLT, Delta status-equivalent with my (soon to be lifetime) SPG PLT, and will have AA lifetime with the combination of USAir miles. I'm sitting pretty. So (subject to change), lifetime status with three airlines and two hotel chains.

Last edited by CPRich; Jul 15, 2013 at 9:57 am
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I registered via the Marriott link. At first, it asked me to log in, after which it took me to the general Marriott home screen.

So I clicked the link again. Now that my credentials were cached/I was logged in, it took me to the registration screen. I must have had my UA number on file somewhere, because it instantly linked the two and registered me.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CPRich
I registered via the Marriott link. At first, it asked me to log in, after which it took me to the general Marriott home screen.

So I clicked the link again. Now that my credentials were cached/I was logged in, it took me to the registration screen. I must have had my UA number on file somewhere, because it instantly linked the two and registered me.
I was finally able to register, too. It also had my UA number, but I'm pretty sure that I never provided it to Marriott or vice versa.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
As a family that flies only American and stays at Marriott all I can say is this sucks.
We're the same, but it looks like at least I now have a reason to get a UA-branded credit card and transfer the bonus miles to MR at 1:1 (up to 50K).
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow...this one-ups the SPG/DL partnership in a big way by offering the real statuses as part of the crossover. (SPG/DL stop short of that, instead offering some - but not all - of the benefits to the crossover people.)

Your move, HH and AA.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Ok-so this is HUGE for me!!!

I have to order 1 travel package by next week (for a stay 7 days from then) and have 4-5 MORE to order in August. That will mean HUGE bonuses for me!!!

I have orderered ~15 or so of these...this will DEFINATELY mean more business to MR. ^

I was evaluating my 2013 remaining business..was thinking of adding back in Hyatt (due to a stay in FRA/Mainz next year) but this stopped it. Now, if they added one point/$ of UA spend I would DUMP SPG!!!

Well done Marriott...well done. (EVEN if I have to pay for +2,3,4,5 in lounge)
Hey PhillyPhlyer. I'm still a bit confused on how these travel packages work. Can you point me towards a link that explains them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.