Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Member-refer-a-member sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle

This thread is for folks who NEED referrals to be able to drop by and make a request.

*** This is NOT a thread for members to offer/bribe/make business cases for giving referrals. ***

Again, the core mission of FlyerTalk and the Marriott forum is to benefit the greater community, not just individual member interests. By offering keeping referral requests in a consolidated thread, this allows members who are offering referrals to just subscribe to one thread and also members who are needing referrals to get one fairly quickly. Everybody wins!

People who want a referral should post here. People with referrals to offer should PM the requester. There is no need to post here that a PM has been sent. The recipient will certainly see it, and nobody else needs to know. Obviously, some people will receive multiple offers, but they can sort through them and decide which one to accept.

Hope this helps clarify the purpose and "standard operating procedures" of this thread.

Bruce
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Referral needed

Hey there -- I am signing up my plastic surgeon doctor for a Marriott Rewards membership as I have been his assistant for 6 months now but finally am in charge of travel... the previous guy wasn't doing much in terms of getting airline miles or hotel rewards and beyond. He will probably be paying via his Platinum Amex unless it's a better deal to buy some gift cards or something...

He stayed at a Marriott in Miami a couple of weeks ago and is staying at one in Frederick Maryland for 2 nights this weekend. I am sure there is more travel to come.

Any other advice with this program is welcome, I tried to look through some of the forums, I definitely noticed something about cash back for the BOOKER (me) intstead of the doc which obviously I am interested in, heh. Thanks much!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:51 pm
alc

Sine you ask this question on the referral thread, somy suggestion will be make sure you use the referral link the generate from your own Marriott account when sign-up for your doctor new Marriott Rewards account. This way, his first 5 stay will net you 10K bonus on each account. Ask him to apply for the Marriott VISA and use it to pay for the hotel room to max out the points he can get per stay.

Now, off course, if you are not a Marriott member yet, remember to request a referral link from one of us here so we can get the benefit too. in case you do stay at a Marriott hotel with the doc.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:52 am

Hi all. I am looking to join the mariott rewards program after looking at the Hilton and other programs. I want to sing up today. can someone send me a referral link?

also. How do you sign up the the 2 separate stay promotion for a free night? special link?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:57 am
alc

Originally Posted by illtww
How do you sign up the the 2 separate stay promotion for a free night? special link?
Here is the offical link:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pro...promotion=MY13

and each member get a different target promo. Some get bonus points and some get free night cert. For new member, it is usually free night cert, but I guess it is not a for sure thing.

Once you can login to your account, you can also go to "Promotion Central" under "My Account" to find out which promo you got.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,

Hi, please can someone refer me? Many thanks
Chris
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:00 am

- Referral received. Thanks everyone! -

Last edited by dtvaughn; Jul 24, 2013 at 9:06 am
Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:57 pm

Hi, can someone please refer me? Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
I would also like to have someone refer me. Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Can someone refer me please? Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:40 pm
formerly v88matta

I would like to get a referral as well.

Thank you
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
I'm new to Marriott and thinking of applying for a Platinum challenge.
If I am referred, how do I go about joining via the referral and receiving the free night after 2 stays?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by fifa
I'm new to Marriott and thinking of applying for a Platinum challenge.
If I am referred, how do I go about joining via the referral and receiving the free night after 2 stays?
After you join go to promotion central in your account and if it says you have 1 promotion click on it and register for the free nights.

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 18, 2014 at 5:57 pm Reason: removed signature
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:37 pm

Can somebody please send me a referral? Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:51 pm

Wow, that was fast. I now have more tahn enough referrals. Thank you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.