Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crystal Gateway Marriott, Arlington, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by djohannw
Quick question: Does anybody know the operating hours of their concierge lounge? I consider staying there on a Monday night and wonder if I still can grab a soda and a water around the 10pm mark...

Greetings - Dirk
Concierge's Hours are the following:

Breakfast is from 6:00 am to 10:00 am Monday through Friday.

In the evening, their snack time is from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday night through Thursday night.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I wanna say they shut down the lounge at night around 10:30. You might be able to access it with your key after hours. They do lock it down on Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon which irritated me.
Had also eMailed the hotel when posting this, and their reply confirms that it is key-accessible Sunday afternoon through Friday afternoon, even outside the official hours...

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 29, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Marriott's Top Omelet Man

I've never stayed at this hotel, but I read this article in today's Washington Post and thought it was worth sharing on FlyerTalk; perhaps some who've posted here are familiar with this fellow: Marriott's Top Omelet Man
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
While Marriott technically allows guest +1 for breakfast, does this property enforce it? Going to be taking wife and two young kids.

Found answer on hotel M Club Lounge page.

Children age 8 and under, accompanied by a parent, are free.

Last edited by seawolf; Dec 9, 2017 at 9:49 pm
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I will be Staying here for a middle school class trip (my advance apologies to the staff) in October. I'm lifetime Diamond (via SPG) and will be staying in a double/double with my wife and 2 kids. How is the hotel in upgrading diamonds?
Also, any recent stays/comments on if there is a lounge, and if it's open on the weekends?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I will be Staying here for a middle school class trip (my advance apologies to the staff) in October. I'm lifetime Diamond (via SPG) and will be staying in a double/double with my wife and 2 kids. How is the hotel in upgrading diamonds?
Also, any recent stays/comments on if there is a lounge, and if it's open on the weekends?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
They must be gluttons for punishment. I've stayed here several times for a High School Quiz Bowl tournament -- wall to wall kids!

Enjoyed the property enough that I have used them several times when I was in DC on other personal trips. The location is very convenient -- connected to the Crystal City Shops and Metro stop by an underground tunnel.

When there for the tournaments, didn't get any room upgrade, but I am pretty sure they were fully booked. When there on my own, received upgrades to one of their mini-suites. Not sure if they have a double-double suite, but fairly certain the couch was a pull-out if the kids would be okay on that. they have been under-going a full room rehab in the past few years, fairly certain all rooms are now updated.

M-Club lounge on the lobby level is open on the weekends for breakfast. Full buffet shared with the restaurant, omelets, waffles, etc. That is one of the things that keeps me coming back. They do have an attendant checking you vs. the entrance list, so make sure you list all four of you on the room. Not sure if the policy is only 2 for breakfast or not. Lounge is open 24/7 for snacks or just a quiet place to sit.

Finally, there is another nearby property called the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, the two are easily confused by Uber/Lyft/Taxi so make sure you are heading to the correct property.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by mmayer
They must be gluttons for punishment. I've stayed here several times for a High School Quiz Bowl tournament -- wall to wall kids!

Enjoyed the property enough that I have used them several times when I was in DC on other personal trips. The location is very convenient -- connected to the Crystal City Shops and Metro stop by an underground tunnel.

When there for the tournaments, didn't get any room upgrade, but I am pretty sure they were fully booked. When there on my own, received upgrades to one of their mini-suites. Not sure if they have a double-double suite, but fairly certain the couch was a pull-out if the kids would be okay on that. they have been under-going a full room rehab in the past few years, fairly certain all rooms are now updated.

M-Club lounge on the lobby level is open on the weekends for breakfast. Full buffet shared with the restaurant, omelets, waffles, etc. That is one of the things that keeps me coming back. They do have an attendant checking you vs. the entrance list, so make sure you list all four of you on the room. Not sure if the policy is only 2 for breakfast or not. Lounge is open 24/7 for snacks or just a quiet place to sit.

Finally, there is another nearby property called the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, the two are easily confused by Uber/Lyft/Taxi so make sure you are heading to the correct property.
So easily confused in fact...that I think that is where we are staying...ugh! My apologies, I think I posted in the wrong thread!
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Marriott Gateway Crystal City Not Answering the Phone

I am going to be staying in the area this weekend and curious what the hotels are offering for breakfast etc. When calling the Gateway property there has been no answer whenever I have called them. I guess they could be closed but they are taking reservations but that isn't stopping the Renaissance which is closed but still taking reservations but at least they have a message when you call that they are closed.

Anyone with any insight? I can call Marriott reservations of course but doubt they would be able to answer the breakfast question. Honestly, it isn't a huge deal because I am not expecting much but just like the info before booking.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I suppose that I would call Marriott to confirm the phone #. If it's correct, there is no way I would stay at a place which doesn't answer the phone or at least send you to a recording offering a call back.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Often1
I suppose that I would call Marriott to confirm the phone #. If it's correct, there is no way I would stay at a place which doesn't answer the phone or at least send you to a recording offering a call back.
I went ahead and booked at the Westin. They picked up the phone!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:57 am

I just called the number on the Marriott website (703-413-5500) and got connected after 1 ring. It was a message saying that some hotel services have been discontinued followed by a menu (Press 1 for Reservations, 2 for...).

Maybe there was a technical issue happening last night?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I just called the number on the Marriott website (703-413-5500) and got connected after 1 ring. It was a message saying that some hotel services have been discontinued followed by a menu (Press 1 for Reservations, 2 for...).

Dunno - the phone number listed (703-920-3230) on the property's web page (https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...eway-marriott/) is the number that I have programmed into my cell - I tried the number last night at past midnight Eastern thinking that there would at least be an overnight FD person but no pick up similar to mcgahat. That phone number is also the same as provided by el Google.

David
mcgahat likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl

As often happens, you have the wrong Crystal City Marriott. The Gateway is the larger Marriott a few blocks away.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Called just now (07/17/20): hotel reopened _yesterday_. Restaurant is not open yet but they are providing a breakfast as well as free parking.

David
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:07 pm

Called hotel earlier - shuttle stopped at 9pm. What would be the option coming from DCA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.