Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel - Paris France

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel - Paris France

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 3, 16, 3:06 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Info re: elite bennies; thanks to yuel for providing an image (accurate as of Feb 3 2016):

* Complimentary breakfast served in main restaurant on ground floor.
* Free access to exec lounge on 8th floor, which includes:
--Cocktail/wines buffet style & hot/cold snacks btwn 5:30-7:30pm
--Wine & beer (nuts & chips) btwn 7:30-9:30pm
--Soft drinks & tea coffee from 6am-midnight
NB: An extra of 25E will be charged to any non-authorized guest; Food should not be taken out of the executive lounge
* A free newspaper delivered every morning upon request
* A free hi-speed internet access
* A late check-out until 2pm according to availability
* A free upgrade according to availability at time of check-in

Email: ambassador @ parismarriottopera dot com

Hotel website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...assador-hotel/

Category 8
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 27, 13, 10:15 am
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,625
Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel - Paris France

New hotel in Marriott folio starting July 1, 2013 (not showing up on Marriott website yet).

http://news.marriott.com/2013/06/mar...-in-paris.html

"the 298-room Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel will join its portfolio of more than 3,800 properties worldwide on 1st July 2013 under a franchise agreement with WB AMBASSADOR SAS.

Located on the right bank of the River Seine in the 9th Arrondissement and Opera Quarter, the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel is a few minutes’ walk from the city’s major attractions including the Opera House, Montmartre, Sacre Coeur, Le Louvre, Place Vendome, Jardins des Tuileries and Galleries Lafayette with world class shopping and boutiques. Also in close proximity to the business district, Paris Stock Exchange and numerous shops and restaurants, the hotel is the perfect base for business and leisure travellers.

Originally built in 1927, the hotel was the vision of the influential architect Baron Haussmann who was commissioned to reshape Paris' streets and architecture. The property has an illustrious past as host to royalty, politicians and visiting heads of state along with important historical figures such as Charles Lindbergh and Gustave Eiffel. The hotel famously hosted Charles Lindbergh’s celebrations as he historically completed the first solo flight across the Atlantic and named the hotel bar in his honour."

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jun 28, 13, 4:34 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 45
I wonder what category this property will be set at? Also, reading on tripadvisor.com, it appears that this property has a lounge.
raidersfan1 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 4:33 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hotel Guru
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Posts: 1,354
Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel - Paris France

It is a rebrand of a current Radisson Blu. Given the location, I'd expect it to become a Cat 8.
Muerz is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 9:13 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 19,310
Hmm I've got a three day CC award stay coming up in Oct. I wonder if they'll ask us to move to another CC property or if Marriott will honor the points reservation?
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 9:30 am
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,625
Originally Posted by fireworksboy View Post
Hmm I've got a three day CC award stay coming up in Oct. I wonder if they'll ask us to move to another CC property or if Marriott will honor the points reservation?
I have absolutely no idea what the above means. What's a CC award stay? I'm guessing Club Carlson? If so, you might want to ask on that forum or call their cust svc to see how they'll handle it.

The weird part is that the announcement that it was joining Marriott on July 1st was done on June 27th, yet it doesn't show up on the Marriott website as an 'opening soon' property. I just checked through Jan '14 & it doesn't show up. Wonder if the start date is wrong or it's going under renovation after July 1st & won't re-open until later? Or for some reason they're not loading it into the system until Monday.

My guess is it will be a Cat 8 when it does get loaded.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 9:57 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 19,310
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I have absolutely no idea what the above means. What's a CC award stay? I'm guessing Club Carlson? If so, you might want to ask on that forum or call their cust svc to see how they'll handle it.

The weird part is that the announcement that it was joining Marriott on July 1st was done on June 27th, yet it doesn't show up on the Marriott website as an 'opening soon' property. I just checked through Jan '14 & it doesn't show up. Wonder if the start date is wrong or it's going under renovation after July 1st & won't re-open until later? Or for some reason they're not loading it into the system until Monday.

My guess is it will be a Cat 8 when it does get loaded.

Cheers.
Sorry, yeah, CC = Club Carlson. Will ask in the other forum and see what the experts there think. Thanks
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:19 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,625
I talked to the Plat line & they called the property in Paris, who said to check back after the 1st (Monday). The Plat line thinks the property will be loaded into the system then & can be booked for revenue nights/awards at that point.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:49 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Posts: 19,310
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I talked to the Plat line & they called the property in Paris, who said to check back after the 1st (Monday). The Plat line thinks the property will be loaded into the system then & can be booked for revenue nights/awards at that point.

Cheers.
What's weird is that you can book this hotel from the Club Carlson website right now for October - points or cash. You'd think they would at least wipe out point availability going forward. Cash reservations are a lot easier to transfer- I would guess.
fireworksboy is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 1:25 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); AS MVP Gold; DL Plat
Posts: 2,033
Cool! It'll have to be great, though, to beat Le Parc Trocadero!!!
boss315 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:40 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Programs: TK *Gold; WN A-list; NEXUS; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Posts: 5,758
Originally Posted by Muerz View Post
It is a rebrand of a current Radisson Blu. Given the location, I'd expect it to become a Cat 8.
I've stayed there before a couple of times. Fine hotel with a nice breakfast. Rooms are all over the place in size and quality. Wifi was very iffy. It's overpriced for what it is as a Radisson Blu and I am sure it will be as a Marriott too. (You can get a lot nicer in Paris for the money and IMHO the location is not 'all that') I would NEVER pay cat 8 points for it though.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
I talked to the Plat line & they called the property in Paris, who said to check back after the 1st (Monday). The Plat line thinks the property will be loaded into the system then & can be booked for revenue nights/awards at that point.

Cheers.
It is still for sale on the Club Carlson website...so my guess is that Marriott can't sell rooms on their site until the official change.
Renard is offline  
Old Jun 30, 13, 11:54 am
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,625
Originally Posted by Renard View Post
I've stayed there before a couple of times. Fine hotel with a nice breakfast. Rooms are all over the place in size and quality. Wifi was very iffy. It's overpriced for what it is as a Radisson Blu and I am sure it will be as a Marriott too. (You can get a lot nicer in Paris for the money and IMHO the location is not 'all that') I would NEVER pay cat 8 points for it though.
Thanks for the input/trip report!

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 1, 13, 4:08 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); AS MVP Gold; DL Plat
Posts: 2,033
Hotel alive on website for booking. Won't give reward reservations yet on web...says to call.
boss315 is offline  
Old Jul 1, 13, 4:15 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,625
Originally Posted by boss315 View Post
Hotel alive on website for booking. Won't give reward reservations yet on web...says to call.
No category listed yet on website.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 2, 13, 4:37 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 39
Cat 8

It's now listed as category 8 on the website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...assador-hotel/
sspicer is offline  
Old Jul 2, 13, 7:40 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Posts: 5,322
Originally Posted by sspicer View Post
It's now listed as category 8 on the website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...assador-hotel/
No rooms available for points during my dates in October, and least expensive room=510 Euros. "Grab N Go breakfast" complimentary.
ohmark is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: