Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]

The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]

Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Any 2018/19 feedback on this property? Only 20GBP difference per night between this place and the Sheraton at this stage which, in light of the Sheraton guaranteeing breakfast for Platinums, seems to make the Sheraton the more appealing prospect.
Autograph collection also guarantees breakfast via welcome amenity.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by myperks
Autograph collection also guarantees breakfast via welcome amenity.
Actually, Autograph Collection hotels do not offer breakfast in the restaurant as a Platinum Elite (and higher) Welcome Gift. Only Autograph Collection resorts do so.

Autograph Collection hotels provide breakfast through the Marriott legacy lounge/breakfast benefit, which calls for breakfast in the restaurant if the hotel does not have a lounge or the lounge is closed. This is in addition to the Welcome Gift.

The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection is classified as a hotel.

According to the current lounge status in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html :

"* Edinburgh / The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Cont'l brekkie daily in "breakfast room"; 5 to upgrade to full Scottish - another 5 if you want breakfast in your room; 07/18 update"
Isochronous and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
...Just when I think im getting my head around the ridiculous breakfast policies.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My head hurts. I've been to 5 continents past few months and still can't remember all the breakfast rules. Marriott execs might operate regionally but many guests travel across regions...
​​​​
anyway, the Sheraton has pretty nice breakfast and a nice location. The gym and pool/ jacuzzi area is a nice added benefit. I haven't stayed at Autograph but Sheraton is a good choice.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I dont think theres a regional split on brekkie, is it? (I know there are US/ non-US rules on things like bed type). I *think* the split is by brand, hotel/ resort, lounge/ no lounge for a total of 120 or so different permutations.

Edit: Ah no, I see that for some legacy Marriott brand resorts there are different benefits by region. So potentially thousands of different permutations.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I dont think theres a regional split on brekkie, is it? (I know there are US/ non-US rules on things like bed type). I *think* the split is by brand, hotel/ resort, lounge/ no lounge for a total of 120 or so different permutations.

Edit: Ah no, I see that for some legacy Marriott brand resorts there are different benefits by region. So potentially thousands of different permutations.
There are regional differences unfortunately- some chains get full breakfast in some regions or nothing/ something different in others. If by chain globally I'd be ok with it but region and resort etc is another splice.

I have to look up constantly.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Marriott/Autograph Collection give full breakfast in Asia but only $10 USD credit in Europe and the US, was my understanding. The breakfast rules are a bloody disgrace. A few days after my initial search, the Sheraton is now 40 GBP a night cheaper then the Glasshouse so going back to the Sheraton was an easy choice.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Marriott/Autograph Collection give full breakfast in Asia but only $10 USD credit in Europe and the US, was my understanding. The breakfast rules are a bloody disgrace. A few days after my initial search, the Sheraton is now 40 GBP a night cheaper then the Glasshouse so going back to the Sheraton was an easy choice.
That's a misunderstanding.

At Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels worldwide (along with Renaissance, JW Marriott, and Delta Hotels), breakfast is s function of the lounge/breakfast. Breakfast is not a Platinum Welcome Gift option, except at resorts. Instead, the lounge access benefit calls for breakfast for member + 1 in the lounge, or, if there is no lounge or it's closed, then breakfast for member + 1 in the hotel restaurant. (At Delta Hotels, it could also be breakfast from the Elite Pantry).

There have been reports on this forum of some Autograph Collection Hotels providing stingy breakfast benefits, but my personal breakfast experiences at Autograph Collection Hotels have been excellent. I have not stayed at The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection.

The misunderstanding about $10 USD at Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels could be due to two different things. First, one of the Welcome Gift options is a $10 USD F&B credit per stay, but this is in addition to the lounge/breakfast benefit. Also, the AC Hotels brand, which some people confuse with the Autograph Collection brand, has a Welcome Gift option of $10 USD F&B credit per day for member + 1 instead of a true breakfast benefit.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh. That would be my choice too, especially if the price is 40 GBP per night lower than The Glasshouse. I've been to Edinburgh a coupe of times, and I would also prefer the location of the Sheraton.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:57 am

Does someone have a working email address for this hotel? About a week ago I emailed [email protected] and haven't received a reply.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
Does someone have a working email address for this hotel? About a week ago I emailed [email protected] and haven't received a reply.
I just booked us for stay in April 2020. Ill let you know if I get a better email address. You might also try [email protected] and [email protected].
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I just booked us for stay in April 2020. Ill let you know if I get a better email address. You might also try [email protected] and [email protected].
I'll try those, thanks. We booked for this September.

89sqm in Edinburgh is a lot cheaper than in Paris.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I'll try those, thanks. We booked for this September.

89sqm in Edinburgh is a lot cheaper than in Paris.
I think we both booked the same suite.

You must report back on your experience! Do you have elite status?
richarddd likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:27 pm

I think we both booked the same suite.

You must report back on your experience! Do you have elite status?
I will report back. All I have with Marriott is Silver (aka nothing).

I'm leaning towards the version without a terrace.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I will report back. All I have with Marriott is Silver (aka nothing).

I'm leaning towards the version without a terrace.
I hope you'll get to see both versions. I asked for the version with a terrace.

Of course, I'm Ambassador elite. So I probably would've been upgraded to that suite anyway. But at that price and this being my anniversary trip, I want to be sure.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:44 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

We are planning a stay either late September or early October 2020. Really looking forward to hearing your report.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.