Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Old May 27, 2013, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold

Threadneedles
Just back from a one night stay here. Quite quiet as it's a bank holiday weekend. Upgraded to an executive room due to Gold status. Very clean. Blackout curtains that performed very well in the morning. I couldn't tell if it was daylight or not. Couldn't hear any street noise.

Some minor issues - Very noisy air con. Had to turn it off to sleep. At 00:45 the plumbing started making loud noises, like someone was filling the bath. Lasted about 10 mins. Didn't hear it again. Light switches hidden behind bedside lamp and no easy to reach power sockets by the bed. The iPod dock was the older sort and no cable to use any other mp3 device. Not sure I'd want to touch the books and magazines next to the toilet.

All the staff seemed happy enough and breakfast was of good quality in the restaurant. Too many tables squeezed in. I wouldn't pay £22.50 for it though!

Last edited by chistery; May 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm Reason: added title to main post
Old May 27, 2013, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by chistery
Threadneedles
Just back from a one night stay here. Quite quiet as it's a bank holiday weekend. Upgraded to an executive room due to Gold status. Very clean. Blackout curtains that performed very well in the morning. I couldn't tell if it was daylight or not. Couldn't hear any street noise.

Some minor issues - Very noisy air con. Had to turn it off to sleep. At 00:45 the plumbing started making loud noises, like someone was filling the bath. Lasted about 10 mins. Didn't hear it again. Light switches hidden behind bedside lamp and no easy to reach power sockets by the bed. The iPod dock was the older sort and no cable to use any other mp3 device. Not sure I'd want to touch the books and magazines next to the toilet.

All the staff seemed happy enough and breakfast was of good quality in the restaurant. Too many tables squeezed in. I wouldn't pay £22.50 for it though!
Thanks for the update. Since it's the first report we've had on this property, hopefully the mod will spin it off into its own thread to make it easier for search & because it's not a comparison post.

So it sounds like you received breakfast in the restaurant since there was no lounge? If so, I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2013, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update. Since it's the first report we've had on this property, hopefully the mod will spin it off into its own thread to make it easier for search & because it's not a comparison post.

So it sounds like you received breakfast in the restaurant since there was no lounge? If so, I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
I'm sure it was in it's own thread and now seems to have been merged into this one.

Yes, breakfast was in the restaurant. I was handed a breakfast menu with only two options on it, not the full one they feature on the web site. There was no offer of pastries or toast, I was just given toast. It's possible I just received a reduced service due to the holidays or because breakfast was free as a gold, I don't know.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by chistery
I'm sure it was in it's own thread and now seems to have been merged into this one....
Nope. But it's in its own thread now.

Bruce
Old May 28, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
How is the location?
Old May 28, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
How is the location?
It's a few minutes walk from Bank Station, so you can get to it easily. DLR from London City Airport, or Northern line from Kings Cross, for example all go to Bank Station, which is on the Central Line, DLR, Northern Line, Waterloo & City, and Circle and District line is a short walk away too. Plenty of bus routes will get you anywhere you need to 24 hours a day.

It's right in the middle of the City of London, so if you're there for business, everywhere is a short walk away. Not much happens at weekends and a lot of the bars and restaurants will be shut, which makes it a lovely area to be in and just wander round and look at all the history sourrounding you, but you can walk to St Pauls, Southbank, Tower Bridge, etc very easily, so there's also plenty to do nearby. Area is safe enough. There's a new shopping centre about 5 mins walk away, One New Change with a great roof terrace overlooking St Pauls.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I stayed there this week and was impressed.

Great location for the City of London, close to Bank station, on a relatively quiet street. My first impression was good. Lovely entrance hall and public areas with a fantastic domed glass cupola ceiling. Low desk for check in with seats for guests.

I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice although not as large or grand as suites in some other London hotels. Bedroom with separate sitting area, nice bathroom with shower and tub. iPod dock and Nespresso machines also available.

No lounge but at check-in I was asked if I wanted still or sparking water and a large bottle, along with a bucket of ice and glasses was waiting for me when I came back to the room in the evening.

Breakfast in the restaurant is to order and the grill I had was excellent, although being made to order, it did take a while to come and if I had been in my usual grab and go breakfast mode, I would have been unhappy, but fortunately I did have time to enjoy the food and surroundings.

In summary, it isn't my favourite London Marriott (I'm torn between GH and RStP there), but certainly somewhere that I'd stay if I needed to be close to the city.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by thegoderic
...it isn't my favourite London Marriott (I'm torn between GH and RStP there)...
As am I...leaning towards St. Pancras.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:23 pm

Does anyone who stayed here remember if there is a fitness center, and if so, any free weights?

I stayed here almost 5 years ago just for one night, but the only thing I can recall is that the rain shower was impressive.

The website doesn't state one but lists nearby fitness activities, but then it also had a "fitness center" section that was blank. I'm confused because tripadvisor also listed fitness center as an amenity.

I'm thinking about giving up Marriott point earning potential to stay at a different hotel with a fitness center.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:22 am

Do you have Skype? Perhaps call the property directly & ask them. If they don't have one, they might have an arrangement with a neighborhood fitness center (which might have better facilities).

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
I'm staying here next week. What's the easiest (emphasis easiest, not cheapest) way to get to and from LHR? Car service is a little excessive at 125 pounds. Any estimate on a taxi fare price?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
I'm staying here next week. What's the easiest (emphasis easiest, not cheapest) way to get to and from LHR? Car service is a little excessive at 125 pounds. Any estimate on a taxi fare price?
A standard Uber from Heathrow would likely be £40-50 assuming no surge pricing and is probably the 'easiest' way to get there that isn't excessively expensive. Black cab would probably be somewhere in the region of £80+ (overpriced in my opinion).

I work just down the road from this hotel and usually opt for a Heathrow Express advance ticket and then an Uber from Paddington as this is the quickest way, if you book the HEX in advance it is also cheaper than an Uber all the way there. If you just buy a walk-up ticket for the HEX it probably won't work out much cheaper than just getting an Uber the entire way.

Wheely (more upmarket version of Uber) is also a good option - you can book in advance and get an S-Class (or equivalent) for fixed price of £80 or E-Class (or equivalent) for £60 to EC1.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Mar 15, 2017 at 6:01 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
Much appreciated LIT
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
I'm staying here next week.
If you could do a trip report after your stay, it would be appreciated. We haven't had an update lately.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.