Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Threadneedles, Autograph Collection (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
My husband and I stayed here last weekend for 2 nights (Saturday - Monday) and were upgraded to what appears to be one of the executives suites (The Terrace) on the 5th floor without any prompting from us. The space was fantastic, and we were very fortunate to have the private terrace spanning the length of the room, as we could not figure out how to get the AC to work for the life of us! I am not sure if the same upgrade would've been given if we stayed during the week, as the hotel seemed very quiet over the weekend but that check-ins were picking up Monday as we were leaving.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Due to the location, weekends tend to be very good for upgrades. First time I stayed there (back in 2015), was just after I got married and as a Gold we got upgraded to the Penthouse Suite. Helps that it was a 1 night Sunday booking ...
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Better not eat at Socialize.. 1 out of 5 hygiene rating. https://ratings.food.gov.uk/business...on-Corporation checked on Jun29...
Hawwk likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by itisme
Better not eat at Socialize.. 1 out of 5 hygiene rating. https://ratings.food.gov.uk/business...on-Corporation checked on Jun29...
Looks like the restaurant has a new GM as of June. Hard to say if that’s the cause of this, or a change made as a result.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/roland-t...alSubdomain=uk
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Funny enough i stayed here last week. Totally forgot about my post above. Checkin was fine. Upgraded to slightly bigger room (no suite or anything). 1 night stay. Room included free drinks in minibar (4 softs and budweisers). Welcome gift was actually nice. A big piece of chocolate with the lobby printed on it. Nice they try to give something more 'original'.

Now i went to the room (2d level) and what happens: i come out of the lift door and see a mouse running around... It was a small one and ran away fast when i came close to who knows where. Went to room and all was fine. Nice size, nice amenities, no view.
Went back to lobby to tell reception and they called the manager over who looked annoyed and went straight up to the elevator to either chase the mouse or tell housekeeping there. Left the hotel to the theatre and came back later that night. They offer nice turndown service and you get some pillow spray which is very nice and relaxing. Bed is one of the best i had in 500+ stays at hotels.

Location: Okay but in weekends VERY VERY quiet. Close walk to several underground stations tho so very convenient. overall decent place but wouldn't return i think. Got a special rate so wanted to try the hotel out but now having seen a mouse and the above i'll pass for next time. Oh the restaurant still closed (for above reasons) so as titanum/ambassador/etc. you can choose between i think it was 750pts or free breakfast in some lounge area close to lobby.

Last edited by itisme; Sep 18, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on the breakfast here? I’m trying to compare to Bankside as reports are saying it’s not good there. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.