FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Courtyard Paris Arcueil (Paris, France) [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1470280-courtyard-paris-arcueil-paris-france-master-thread.html)

BigE Dec 3, 2011 11:32 pm

Courtyard Paris Arcueil (Paris, France) [Master Thread]

I couldn't find any reviews of the Courtyard Paris Arcueil, so I "took one for the team". I was glad I did, because the nice rooms made up for the extra commute.

Perhaps the most important consideration is the location, just south of Paris. Most tourists will avoid hotels that are not central, which is reasonable enough. However, the hotel is just a few blocks from the LaPlace RER-B station (about a 7-minute walk from the hotel). From there, it's just a few stops to the center of Paris, which takes about 15 minutes and costs only about $3 each way (less if you buy a set of 10 tickets). Orly airport is only about 20 minutes away (switch trains at Antony, about $13). The feel of the area is quite different from that of central Paris, because it's more suburban. There is an attractive mall across the street with, among many other stores, McDonald's, Subway, Zara, H&M, bakeries, and a supermarket.

After spending 5 days in the center of Paris, with cramped rooms in old buildings, this hotel was a bit of a shock. It looks very new and the rooms are very large by Parisian standards. They even have an ice maker in the lobby! Service was quite good, internet worked great. I was very happy with the room, and this made the short commute back to the center quite tolerable.

I was hoping they might offer some extra platinum benefits, such as breakfast, but it was not to be. They don't offer anything beyond that dictated by Marriott. There is, of course, no lounge.

I would definitely consider staying here again if the price is reasonable (which it seems to be, at least on the weekends). Having been to Paris a few times, I dont need to be in the center. And I sometimes have some business in the south. Is the hotel appropriate for the typical first-time tourist on a short stay? Maybe not.

alc May 26, 2013 9:17 am

Courtyard Paris Arcueil

Anyone that stay at this hotel recently provide some feedback at this Courtyard?

Read through some of the comment on tripadvisor and seems to be a good hotel.

I did find one post on here from Dec 11 and it also seems pretty good.

alc Jul 12, 2013 9:53 am

Just thought to check again if anyone have any recent comment on this hotel.

Thanks.

MSPeconomist Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

Does this RER line go to CDG (without changing trains at les Halles or wherever)?

alc Jul 12, 2013 10:45 am

Yes, it is RER B line that go to CDG without changing to Subway or another RER line.

This is one of the reason I was looking at this hotel for my trip next year.

-- Added --
From Google Maps, it show as 7 min walk from Laplace RER station to the hotel. So with bags / luggages might take 10 min or so.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Co...a=ltm&t=m&z=17

nldogbert Jul 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I did write a short trip report but it is buried in the other thread on paris hotels. I was there for the paris airshow in June.

alc Jul 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 21086210)
I did write a short trip report but it is buried in the other thread on paris hotels. I was there for the paris airshow in June.

Thanks, found it. (Post #1539)

peersteve Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by alc (Post 21086258)
Thanks, found it. (Post #1539)

......add another thanks.....very helpful to know the easy RER access.....sounds like a good choice if the lower price/points means an extra day or two in Paris!

tbm13 Jul 14, 2013 8:07 am

There's also a new metro station, Mairie de Montrouge (line 4), about 15 minutes from the hotel by foot.

I am planning to stay at this hotel in October and intend to post a review.

tbm13 Oct 11, 2013 9:06 am

Originally Posted by tbm13 (Post 21094201)
I am planning to stay at this hotel in October and intend to post a review.

I stayed there last week. It's a nice, modern hotel. The room was well suited to get work done as it had a good adjustable chair and reliable wifi.

I think the hotel is a good choice if you have business in that area (Arcueil, Montrouge), but I wouldn't choose it if you wanted to do sightseeing in the center of Paris. Laplace station (for RER B) is less than a 10 minute walk, but the t+ ticket won't work there. The new metro station Mairie de Montrouge (line 4) is about a 15-20 minute walk.

There's a shopping mall across the road with a Monoprix supermarket.

Since it's a Courtyard, you only get free wifi but no free breakfast. Breakfast is 18 EUR per person and is an American style buffet.

SkiAdcock Oct 11, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.

ExArkie Oct 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by alc (Post 21085421)
Yes, it is RER B line that go to CDG without changing to Subway or another RER line.

I had one night at this hotel (going from airport to elsewhere in France and this was convenient assembly point) almost a year ago.

One word of warning on the RER tickets. If you purchase tickets from CDG to Paris for this hotel, it isn't enough. The hotel is technically outside the city limits, so the general ticket into the city will not let you exit the train station when you reach the hotel. This appeared to be an issue with the person in the group that used the ticket kiosk, but not if ticket was bought at the counter. Evidently, the ticket agent knew about this, but it wasn't clearly stated on the kiosk.

BigE Oct 11, 2013 7:29 pm

It's only slightly more expensive to buy the correct ticket for that zone, but it is good to be aware. You can still by a 'carnet' (pack of 10) to save money. By the way, when I was there most people didn't even use the turnstiles and instead walked out through the open gate.

The nearby Porte D'Orleans stop is inside the Paris zone, but it's not as convenient (unless you happen to already be near there). I'm not sure about the newer stop that tbm13 mentioned.

tbm13 Oct 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 21593922)
The nearby Porte D'Orleans stop is inside the Paris zone, but it's not as convenient (unless you happen to already be near there). I'm not sure about the newer stop that tbm13 mentioned.

The t+ ticket works fine for the Mairie de Montrouge stop. My understanding is that the metro is not divided into zones whereas the RER is. The t+ ticket is valid for all metro stations but only for RER stations in zone 1. Laplace is in zone 2.

Buckdany Oct 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Sorry to be so specific, but how did you folks find the beds? Real comfy or just good enough?