Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Paris Arcueil (Paris, France) [Master Thread]

Courtyard Paris Arcueil (Paris, France) [Master Thread]

Old Jul 16, 18, 8:47 am

Programs: BA 2V UA SPG
I chose this on a lark for a Cat 5 travel package, and was pleased. (It's also going down a category in Aug 2017.) Was upgraded as a Gold. It's a convenient and walkable neighborhood, with groceries, a few restaurants, a pharmacy, cinema, etc. within a block.

Unlike commuter rail lines in the US, the RER is fast and frequent throughout the day; I never waited more than 7 minutes for a train. Note that not all trains serve all destinations; most CDG trains don't serve Laplace, but it's a simple matter to just hop off one and hop onto the next. The walk to Metro line 4 is a bit longer, but so's the train ride -- and it closely parallels the RER B route. Also, make sure to get the right tickets: the usual "t+" Metro tickets won't work, but the Visite zones 1-3 and Navigo passes will. The passes also work for buses which run to the RER and Metro, if you'd like to save some steps. There's also a Velib' station in front of the mall, but of course none of the bikes worked last week.

What could've been better:
- Beds were not great, but sufficed
- Traffic noise, as there's a busy rotary next door
- Air conditioning worked, but could've been colder
- Wifi blinked off for a day
Old Jul 16, 18, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update - much appreciated. Also re: the tip re: the passes.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 19, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I just booked this with points for my family in August. We are a family of four staying 6 nights. We are booked into two rooms, and flying in from CDG.

This hotel seemed to offer the best redemption rate for our points, at 17,500 points per room, per night (35,000 total per night). I wish I could redeem for just one room large enough for all of us, but when I search for that, all I see now is a handful of CAT 6's or higher. At one point, the Rive Gauche (Cat 5) was offering a family suite, but only with an upcharge or 130 EUR/night on top of 35,000 points/ night.

I am glad to read of the previous poster's experience with access to public transportation. It seems like this hotel will suit our needs.