Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Little Rock Marriott, AR (formerly Peabody) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Little Rock Marriott, AR (formerly Peabody) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl

The CL is under construction. When I checked in, the desk clerk told me it can be accessed 24/7, although that late at night there was no attendant. I stood outside the CL door for several minutes trying to find the key reader, only to finally realize there is no lock on the door! The CL is a little bigger than most and it's still being constructed. There are open holes in the wall where light switches will eventually sit.
If you're still at the property, would you ask how long the CL renovation will take so that I can update the sticky. Also, what's the brekkie situation?

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The hotel renovation will be completed in August. The CL just has a few punch list things that need to be completed, which should be done within the next couple weeks. On weekends, it's breakfast certs.

I'm here a second night, thanks to WN pushing my first flight an hour late tonight, making it impossible to make a connection for my second flight.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:04 pm

Thanks. I'll update the sticky.

Saw this in an industry e-newsletter today, which complements your report.

"Major renovation plans are underway for the 418-room Little Rock Marriott in downtown Little Rock, Ark. The $16 million overhaul will include all guest rooms and public meeting and dining spaces. The property will remain open throughout the renovation, which should be completed by late summer 2014.

The property recently added 42-inch flat screen televisions and coffee makers in all guest rooms and completed a full renovation of the hotel’s fitness center. Additionally, it opened The Café which proudly serves Starbucks products.

<snip>

The renovation will include the addition of a new space for hotel guests reserving Club Level rooms which will be located on the lobby level in the former Velvet Humidor Cigar Lounge. Platinum and Gold Marriott Rewards guests will also be able to enjoy this new non-smoking space Sunday evening through Friday morning. Special room key access gains entry to this space for these guests only.

<snip>

Additional renovation work will include the guest registration and lobby seating area, which will be completely transformed, featuring signature elements that will make the arrival experience memorable. The lobby bar renovation will follow the Marriott Hotels’ Greatroom lobby concept, with engaging spaces for the locals and hotel guests. The new space will feature a media wall with four 80-inch televisions, comfortable gathering spaces and an abundance of outlets to plug in and work while enjoying a meal and refreshments.

As part of the renovation, the hotel is implementing a new energy savings program with energy efficient CFL light bulbs, while replacing the old thermostats with digital ones. The new thermostats will contain sensors to detect when the room is occupied, helping control temperatures and provide energy savings. Plus, the Greatroom will feature new LED lighting."

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The bathroom is a little small. One minor gripe: there is a pedestal sink, which means no counter space around the sink. Just to the left, there is more open shelving with a long counter, but pedestal sinks are, IMO, pretty but impractical.
That almost sounds like they haven't redone the bathrooms yet (which would be weird since the decor definitely has changed), as that was the previous setup.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
That almost sounds like they haven't redone the bathrooms yet (which would be weird since the decor definitely has changed), as that was the previous setup.
Both rooms I was in had obviously renovated bathrooms. The tubs sparkled. The sinks were barely used. The open shelving was new, as were the mirrors, wallpaper and tile in the shower area.

The Internet worked very well the second night. I was told there was an issue the first night, which seems right. The first night, I was taken right out to the Web, without having to sign in. The second night, I had to choose a plane.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum/Ambassador
I stay at the LR Marriott every (yes, every) week, and have yet to see a renovated room. Maybe next week, since they just pushed through a Platinum status upgrade for me after walking me a couple weeks ago. The pedestal sinks went in prior to the big renovation, and it appears they will be staying. I'm not a big fan either.

I'm really looking forward to completion of the renovations, and the addition of a Starbucks in the lobby made my year. My company has a rate across the street at the Capital, which is a much nicer experience, but I want the points.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:15 am

If possible, ask for a room on the same side as the CL, as opposed to the other side of the hall. My flight was canceled, so I stayed a second night, but it was after I had checked out, so I was given a different room the second night. The side of the hotel with a view of the Capitol has the better view.

With that said, hopefully you'll get the renovated room. It's stunning.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
The Velvet Humidor is gone? That was the only reason I'd stay there.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Just an FYI on this property, the renovations are holding up well. M Club has replaced the normal CL (and is on the first floor off the lobby, and huge!). Service here tends to be great, the bar is always packed with convention goes, and it's central to the revitalized downtown area with lots of restaurants and shops. Only complaint is that valet tends to be a touch slow, so always call down at least 20 min prior.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:37 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Staying here this week. Not much has changed since last year. I was upgraded to the governors suite via the chat function as an ambassador. It’s gigantic!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
any recent stays? Looking to stay with family and concerned about safety in the general area.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I have not stayed at this particular hotel but did stay at a Hilton property very close by. I never felt unsafe walking to restaurants in the area, there are homeless people but they were not aggressive. I was there for 3 months and would stay downtown again in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Stayed at the Capital Hotel directly across the street from the Marriott and felt safe walking to and from dinner about 5 blocks away.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Just finished up a weekend stay and enjoyed it with my family. 2 Queen beds with a view of the river. No upgrade as there was at least one wedding going on. Seems like a massive property and the downstairs restaurant was good for lunch.

Valet is $18 or $30 overnight and there's meter parking out front. Only need to feed the meters from 8a-6p M-F, so overnight is "free."

M Club was fine. Bet it was nice pre-covid, but that's life. Breakfast was standard hot/warming fare and I think it was 6a-1030a. Had bottled water and nuts/M&Ms all day but no hor dourvs or liquor.

We only ventured out to Allsop and had a great dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.