Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Wanted to include details of my stay 3 weeks ago.

I had a two night stay using Pointsavers (20k per night) over my birthday. Had multiple issues/complaints about the place.

1. Prior to my stay, emailed the concierge stating I was celebrating my birthday and if they could do anything to surprise me and make it special (mentioned a room upgrade and a bottle of wine would be nice). I received a reply saying the occasion was well documented. During checkin and throughout my stay, nothing was mentioned or done (no upgrade even though suites available, no wine)

2. Prior to my stay, I also asked for a list of recommendations in the area for food. I received a link to the website, which I could've easily looked up and no mention of the nearby restaurants in the Venetian Village.

3. Put on the 9th floor. Initially, it sounds nice, but then you find out there are only 2 elevators that go to that floor, and there is no way to queue the elevators that go there. So if you get the wrong elevator, you need to send it to a different floor and queue another elevator. Avoid at all costs

4. Concierge provided incorrect/bad information multiple times:
- I asked where I could buy sun tan lotion. They told me it required a 10 min ride out to a shopping center. Later, I found that their gift shop was selling it.
- I asked where would be a good place to be dropped off near Corniche beach for food. They circled an area. I got there via taxi, and none of the restaurants were open. Had to take another taxi to another area as it was kind of in the middle of no where
- Asked if there was any dress code to get into the Emirates Palace, I was told no. When I got there, I was turned away because I was wearing shorts.

5. The Ritz magazine in the room had a published deal for the Spa. Book a 90 minute treatment and get a free bag of spa products. After my 90 minute treatment, Spa said that the information is outdated and they cannot honor the promotion. This is potentially resolved as I had sent this list of complaints to a manager and he has stated he will mail me the products.

6. Asked for and was granted late check out when I checked in. I double checked the night before if I still had it, and the receptionist said the hotel was fully booked and could not grant it. She also scoffed when I mentioned I was platinum: "even if you were 4x platinum, I would not be able to get you a later check out". I mentioned this during checkout the next day, and the receptionist said it would not be a problem to check out at 4 PM.

7. Finally, the internet was really slow and almost un-useable at times

On a positive note, the hotel has a good view of the Mosque and provides free shuttles there. As a user mentioned above, it is a very nice bed and all the rooms facing the pools have a balcony. But overall, this was my first Ritz experience, and I expected so much more. Maybe it was because I stayed on points, but I will definitely not be returning to the Ritz Abu Dhabi.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Just wondering, has anyone visited with children? The kids club looks amazing.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:07 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, sorry if it’s been covered alredy. Is the Club Lounge any good?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any benefits for Plats here. Upgrade or Club Access or breakfast?

what is the upsell to Club offered at check in?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:08 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this hotel vs the St Regis (the one on the corniche, not the saadyiat island one).

I'm looking to experience the city more than the beach / louvre.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tygran37
Anyone have any thoughts on this hotel vs the St Regis (the one on the corniche, not the saadyiat island one).

I'm looking to experience the city more than the beach / louvre.
I'm also hoping someone can chime in about this RC vs the St Regis (on the corniche). Am deciding on either property since they require the same amount of points.
MePlatPremier likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
I'm also hoping someone can chime in about this RC vs the St Regis (on the corniche). Am deciding on either property since they require the same amount of points.
bumping this question
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Has someone noticed about champagne at club lounge or any special wine ?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:50 am

I stayed at the Ritz Abu Dhabi as a Titanium (Platinum Premier) on points in November for one night. Interestingly enough on the app it said I was upgraded to a club level room. When I was given a standard room I showed them the details on the app, and then to a manager they said that must be a mistake as they don’t upgrade. That left a rather bad taste in my mouth. I spent a few hours at the pool, service was slow, entire hotel was rather empty and given my experience and lack of elite recognition I understand why. I would def pick one of the St Regis’s next time.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:47 am

Just claimed for my daily dose of champagne with club lounge manager

i was very surpised to be denied of champagne and cocktails also ...

at the end, they have managed to bring us champagne

hope to don’t have same discussion tomorrow and the day after ...

truly unacceptable for me to don’t get served champagne and cocktails at a club lounge in a hotel i’m paying something near at 400€ per day for club room

they was trying to convince me I have to drink 5 euro bottle Prosecco ....

Last edited by Dav77; Apr 23, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Any benefits for Plats here. Upgrade or Club Access or breakfast?

what is the upsell to Club offered at check in?
0 (zero) platinum recognition

-no upgrade (booked club room)
-arrived at 3.00 PM, got the room after 30 minutes because it was not ready
-really standard club room at 3rd (on 7) floor. “Mosque” view room that is much more “construction” view room, working until 10.00 PM with some noise

club lounge is very nice place, even if on my opinion food / beverage offer is not so high quality.

Had to fight to have champagne, no cocktails. Just some red wines / beer / prosecco (not even high quality).

I will see breakfast tomorrow morning...

said that. Hotel is very nice, impressive common areas, fantastic pool, nice and quiet beach, good service and staff.

no Wi-Fi at pool and beach ... it’s funny (to don’t say ridiculous) that you can use Fairmont and Shangri-La connection that are over the canal ...

Old May 20, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have an email address for this property? I tried the one on the website but have had no response 48 hours later.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac
Does anyone have an email address for this property? I tried the one on the website but have had no response 48 hours later.
have you tried with this one ?

[email protected]
Old May 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77

[email protected]
Thanks Dav77, I will give it a go.

Booked a Garden Suite on a non-refundable rate but now I think I would prefer an Executive Suite... they are the same price but not sure if they will move me.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Dav77

[email protected]
Originally Posted by Gomac

Thanks Dav77, I will give it a go.

Booked a Garden Suite on a non-refundable rate but now I think I would prefer an Executive Suite... they are the same price but not sure if they will move me.
This did the trick, thanks Dav77. I got a response from the Front Office Manager who kindly changed my room from a Garden Suite to Executive one. I also enquired about the cost of Club access and was offered an upgrade for the special ‘member’ price 350AED per night for both adults which seems particularly good value too given the cost of drinks in the UAE. I presume this lounge operates normally through Ramanan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.