Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Texan Gaylord, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
There is a mandatory resort fee which is supposed to cover internet, 2 bottles of water daily, access to their onsite water park (only open during summer months), their onsite nightclub (which is only open on Fridays and Saturdays), and a couple of other small discounts.

Platinum arrival gift is 500 point or $10 FB coupon. There is NO lounge or any other complimentary breakfast option that is provided to elites.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Texan Gaylord, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by harvardkim
Has anyone gone recently for their Christmas Festivities? Is it worth it? Do elites get any additional perks?
There are some rate packages that bundle in the entrance fees to the rooms. Weekends here apparently get busy, but reservations times keep people spread out for different attractions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyq...istmas-movies/
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Mediocre stay all around here last week (only paid Marriott stay this year, conference on site).
  • A "thanks for being Titanium" but that was it
  • Fairly poor room assignment...far end of the hotel, probably a quarter mile walk from the lobby (Vegas-sized building), lower floor
  • Despite a claim of being "recently renovated", rooms felt to be 20+ years old...no dressers for any clothes
  • SNAs failed...of course there were 3+ rooms of both suite types still showing on Marriott.com when I checked in, FDC seemed clueless
  • Know it's Covid times...but multiple restaurants in the hotel either closed or closed for private events all nights there...limited selection
  • 3 days later, no hotel folio nor credit to Bonvoy
On the plus side...good gym! That's about it.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Mediocre stay all around here last week (only paid Marriott stay this year, conference on site).
  • A "thanks for being Titanium" but that was it
  • Fairly poor room assignment...far end of the hotel, probably a quarter mile walk from the lobby (Vegas-sized building), lower floor
  • Despite a claim of being "recently renovated", rooms felt to be 20+ years old...no dressers for any clothes
  • SNAs failed...of course there were 3+ rooms of both suite types still showing on Marriott.com when I checked in, FDC seemed clueless
  • Know it's Covid times...but multiple restaurants in the hotel either closed or closed for private events all nights there...limited selection
  • 3 days later, no hotel folio nor credit to Bonvoy
On the plus side...good gym! That's about it.
Ah, Gaylord - the brand I literally always forget. Thanks for the review - glad my memory isn't causing me to miss out on a good experience.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:07 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Had a couple of FNA and SNA certs about to expire, so took the wife on a short 2-night stay here. The FNAs got me a standard King room and my SNA request was accepted 5 days out to a 1-bedroom Larger King Suite. Was offered the normal Gaylord hotel Welcome choice of $10 F/B coupon usable and virtually any of the hotel's F/B outlets or 1K points. I took the $10 coupon though when my points posted I noticed they still gave me the 1K bonus points. No breakfast benefit at the Gaylord hotels. Not sure why, but I received a 5K point Gaylord bonus as well. Not complaining either. We ate at the steakhouse which while expensive was good. The Italian restaurant though wasn't to my liking as much.

We had never stayed there before and it was a nice couple of nights. I doubt I'd ever want to pay the full price to stay there, but for a short Staycation using expiring FNAs and SNAs it was worth the experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.