Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton, Orlando [Master Thread]

Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum

If this is a duplicate thread please merge.

I am leaving for a 10 day trip to Miami Beach and Clearwater Beach with my two year old this Saturday and on the second to last day of our trip we can either stay in our suite at the Hilton, Clearwater Beach or drive the two hours to Orlando and stay at the RC Orlando before our flight that next day at MCO.

My main question is the RC Orlando toddler friendly? I can get a incredible Deluxe Garden room rate thru AAA that includes breakfast and a $50 resort credit or I can stay at our $300+ suite in Clearwater Beach but still have to make the 2 hour drive to the MCO airport on Monday morning.

On the RC Orland0 website it shows what looks like a incredible play area for kids next to a kid friendly pool. I am trying to make this trip as easy on my little guy as possible and a amazing play area would do wonders for him.

We would leave Clearwater Beach on Sunday morning sometime and get to the RC by 11am or noon and have the rest of the day and portion of the following morning for my little guy to run around before our flight mid day back to home.

Thank You,

Anthony

Last edited by aspenedelen; Apr 10, 2013 at 1:27 pm
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:29 pm
Suspended

I stayed at the connected co-resort the JW Marriott which was very nice and many rooms have views of the Disney Fireworks. I found a great AAA rate at that property and you therefore might find an even better deal with your AAA membership there and for less money. In addition, as a Platinum member they gave me 1,000 bonus points for my amenity - just like the Ritz does.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Both the Ritz Carlton and JW are amazing properties. JW has great pools.
Sometimes you can find better rates at the RC however.
I'm staying there in May on a weekend and my AAA rate at the RC was $200 cheaper than the JW.
But they are connected so it doesn't really matter where you stay.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:06 am

I stayed at both property however I prefer JW much more than this RC particularly due to the level of service that I have received. JW seems much more family friendly than Ritz, and not to mention their breakfast buffet is MUCH MUCH better, too and the chances of you upgrading to a suite is greater.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Anyone have a GM contact info for the Ritz? Thanks!

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited by lucycan; Jun 1, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Elite upgrades

Looking at the RC Orlando, was wonder what kind of upgrades do they give for Elites? Also, is free breakfast given to Golds?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
RC doesn't do much for MAR/SPG elites, as it's a bit of its own program (even though part of Marriott). You'll basically get free wifi. You have the possibility of an upgrade, but as with all upgrades that's dependent upon how full the property is, whether others have booked/paid for upgraded rooms/suites, and how many Plats and other Golds have checked in before you. You will not get a free breakfast. If you want club lounge access, you'll need to pay for it.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Looking at the RC Orlando, was wonder what kind of upgrades do they give for Elites? Also, is free breakfast given to Golds?
I've stayed at the RC Orlando quite a bit and I've usually received a suite upgrade. As far as breakfast they won't give you anything but they often have good rates including breakfast for 2 or Club rooms with lounge access. They are doing some renovations at the moment FYI (mostly lobby, reception area, and lobby lounge/bar).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
RC doesn't do much for MAR/SPG elites, as it's a bit of its own program (even though part of Marriott). You'll basically get free wifi. You have the possibility of an upgrade, but as with all upgrades that's dependent upon how full the property is, whether others have booked/paid for upgraded rooms/suites, and how many Plats and other Golds have checked in before you. You will not get a free breakfast. If you want club lounge access, you'll need to pay for it.

Cheers.
Thanks Sharron

Originally Posted by sammyindc
I've stayed at the RC Orlando quite a bit and I've usually received a suite upgrade. As far as breakfast they won't give you anything but they often have good rates including breakfast for 2 or Club rooms with lounge access. They are doing some renovations at the moment FYI (mostly lobby, reception area, and lobby lounge/bar).
I saw that on their web page, they should be done when we arrive.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Trying to decide where to stay for a conference which has booked out both the JW and the RC, with the RC being $20 more per night. No kids, not looking for nightlife, but want the most luxurious standard rooms and the nicest amenities. As a SPG Plat, it sounds like I will be given nothing more than free wifi at the Ritz, which is already guaranteed with the conference rate, so basically I get nothing - no lounge, no upgrade, nothing. Would I expect the same "nothing" at the JW, or is there anything I might receive there like lounge access or an upgrade to a nicer room? If so, we will switch from the Ritz to the JW.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Trying to decide where to stay for a conference which has booked out both the JW and the RC, with the RC being $20 more per night. No kids, not looking for nightlife, but want the most luxurious standard rooms and the nicest amenities. As a SPG Plat, it sounds like I will be given nothing more than free wifi at the Ritz, which is already guaranteed with the conference rate, so basically I get nothing - no lounge, no upgrade, nothing. Would I expect the same "nothing" at the JW, or is there anything I might receive there like lounge access or an upgrade to a nicer room? If so, we will switch from the Ritz to the JW.
Why haven't you linked your SPG and Marriot accounts, then you will be PLT with Marriot and get PLT benefits at JW. RC work on their own rules when it comes loyal program.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Why haven't you linked your SPG and Marriot accounts, then you will be PLT with Marriot and get PLT benefits at JW. RC work on their own rules when it comes loyal program.
Sorry, I should have been more specific - that was done a long time ago, so I am Marriott Plat too - but my understanding is either way, a SPG or Marriott Platinum at a Ritz hotel gets nothing.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Sorry, I should have been more specific - that was done a long time ago, so I am Marriott Plat too - but my understanding is either way, a SPG or Marriott Platinum at a Ritz hotel gets nothing.
For the most part, yes, but you should be able to get all the PLT benefits at the JW, I would book there.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Just to update on the lobby renovations - they have been done for a while. New lobby is a big upgrade from what it used to be. The current renovation project has some rooms without balcony access due to outside work.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:04 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I was at the JW this past December for 7 nights and received an upgrade to a Grande Suite. It was very roomy and even had a kitchenette. While it was a bit on the cool side to go swimming, I did like the JW pool area with its Lazy river better than the RC pool area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.