Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 9:53 pm

Vancouver Canada hotel question

Can anyone tell me which of the Hotels at the
Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside or the
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
is the nicer property They appear to be next to or near each other Thanks Jane
Old May 8, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA-PLT 2.0mm MR-PLT HH-DIA
Hi Jane;

Definitely the Pinnacle. The 2 hotels are across the street from one another, both with nice views of the harbor, but the Pinnacle is a great stay. Very friendly staff, nice Concierge room for breakfast, and nice rooms. I have stayed there numerous times, and it is always my first choice when staying in Vancouver. I have stayed at the Ren, but can't beat the Pinnacle.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Old May 9, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Pinnacle...there is a very recent post on this property.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:48 am

As far as I know the Ren is still under renovations. I loved the Pinnacle.
Old May 10, 2008, 2:13 pm

Smile Thanks

I will book the Pinnacle then^.Thank you FT ers for your help !! Cheers Jane
Old May 11, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I agree with the others that the Pinnacle is the better choice. See if you can get an upper floor harborview room.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Just stayed at both of these properties (Marriott Pinnacle and Ren) this past week. Both were solid, but unfortunately, the lounge at the Marriott was closed (we got cert's for breakfast at the restaurant). The Renaissance lounge was great, nice views in a pretty large space, with a espresso/cappucino pod machine, drinks, and a poached egg dish in addition to standard continental breakfast fare (didn't get to try evening app's unforunately). We got a nice room with a balcony facing the harbor. The lobby and hallways may be a bit dated, but the rooms are fine. Pool area was closed for renovations, so they allowed use of the facilities at the Marriott, which we stayed at next.

The Marriott is a much taller building, so if you get a harborview room, you will get a great view also, but sans balcony. We were originally assigned to a x19 room, which is a king bed corner room. The room layout is a bit funky, not much larger than a standard room, but the view is the draw here. I had thought it would be a larger space since they're supposed to be the best rooms in the hotel. We ended up switching to another room, since we needed two beds. The staff was very accomodating, and the pool/gym facilities were good.

Overall, I think either of these properties are good choices. I can't really see why the Marriott itself is so much better reviewed; perhaps the rooms were recently renovated? The desk has an AV center hookup while the Marriott does not. I wish the lounge had been open at the Marriott though. Both properties have large flat screen TV's in the room- although I don't really see the point of all these hotels adopting these fancy new TV's without providing HD service, but that's another point entirely...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Marriott Pinnacle and Renaissance

I've stayed at both hotel repeately, and would favor the Marriott. While both are solid and for the most part a good vlue, the Marriott just seems to be a better package. Perhaps it's the upbeat ambiance.
You certainly will not go wrong either way.
Some rooms at the Marriott are when you you open the door a "WOW" moment for the views.
I would say this is one of my favorite Marriotts anywhere!
The one bad point is parking at about $30 per day, while there is often street parking open.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Hi all,

HNY 2009 to this thread!

I am looking to book a Travel Package and need 7 days in Vancouver in May over the Marathon.

I have no status with Marriott unless I can get a status match from my IC RA??

I woul dlove to book the Pinnacle but thinking of going for the Residence Inn as it will give breakfast, internet and the rooms will have a bit more space.

What's you views on the property and the choice of Residence Inn with the extras it has or the Pinnacle but possible just getting the room and nothing more.

Thx
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Vancouver BC. Which Marriott?

Although there have been a couple of threads in the past (pre-03), nothing new.

I'm spending some rewards points for a couple of days in April before easter.

I'll be there with wife and 2 teenage kids, and there for leisure only. (for once ;-)

Any advice on which Marriott to choose, Renaissance or Pinnacle.

Thanks BM
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
Although there have been a couple of threads in the past (pre-03), nothing new.

I'm spending some rewards points for a couple of days in April before easter.

I'll be there with wife and 2 teenage kids, and there for leisure only. (for once ;-)

Any advice on which Marriott to choose, Renaissance or Pinnacle.

Thanks BM
If you are Gold or Platinum members with access to the Club Lounge, the Renaissance is much nicer. The Club Lounge has 3 computers for free internet access with a printer, while the Marriott's does not. At Renaissance they are now having renovation in the lobby so they set up a coffee and "cookies or Peacans" station in the lobby for guests, very nice gesture.

If you can get a water view (Coal Harbour) view room, the Renaissance will beat Marriott.

Last edited by So Pang; Mar 6, 2010 at 10:28 am
Old Mar 25, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
I would definitely suggest the Renaissance simply based on my experience at the FS Marriott. I was not very impressed with the Marriott for a variety of reasons but in all I just think it was a "lower tier" type of FS Marriott. The Restaurant is small, service was spotty, the hotel itself is relatively small even though they did upgrade me to a suite it was also relatively small for Marriott standards. Also, there isn't really any type of "view" from the rooms at the Marriott since it's in the middle of other hotels / city buildings.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Stayed at the Ren a couple weekends back on a Sunday. Got upgraded to a suite (as a PlatPrem) and breakfast coupons for Monday morning, so didn't even go to the Club Lounge. The hotel was nice and the waterviews were great, too.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
The Ren wins. The Marriott is not bad either, but the Ren's better
Old Apr 4, 2009, 9:13 am

I am a Marriott fan in Vancouver, B.C. as the C-lounge offers free WiFi, but the REN is also nice and seems to upgrade PLT and PLTPREM to better rooms (suites).

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.