Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Old May 1, 2006, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres

I know it's on Flyertalk somewhere...I just can't find it....does anyone have the email address for the Concierge at Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel? I am staying there for my honeymoon. Thanks
Old May 1, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold
RHI, Paris Vendome Concierge [[email protected]]
Old May 11, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Renaissance Paris Vendome Food Choice.

Am going to be visiting the above hotel, while I am very adventurous when it comes to food my companion is not, what can we expect from the hotel restaurant and from room service.
Old May 11, 2006, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Am going to be visiting the above hotel, while I am very adventurous when it comes to food my companion is not, what can we expect from the hotel restaurant and from room service.
I can't tell you about the food at the hotel, but I can tell you that I love their bar. It's very cozy and intimate.We stayed at the Marriott on the Champs Elysees, but stopped in at the Renaissance a few months ago for a drink and asked to see the rooms. The rooms are nice....very sleek looking. I liked the hotel and have reservations there for a week in August. Also, there's an Irish pub almost across the street for your less adventurous friend.

Bobi
Old May 11, 2006, 5:25 pm

I should have added that you might want to check out this food question over on tripadvisor.com. I'll bet you'll find some info there.
Old May 12, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by b1513
I should have added that you might want to check out this food question over on tripadvisor.com. I'll bet you'll find some info there.

^
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:15 pm

Need advice for Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel with 1yr old:

My wife, son, and I are planning to stay at the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel for May 2012, but I need some advice/suggestions on the room choices. Our son will be 1yr old at the time of the trip. We're going to be using points for 5 nights, so we have the choice of the std. guest room or the "larger" guest room for an additional 50 EUR/night. I have no status, and I'd obviously like to avoid having to pay for the larger room, but I'm guessing that there won't be enough space for a pack n play given that cribs aren't allowed in the std. room? Is bringing a pack n play even a good strategy either way? If we choose the larger room, are the cribs in good shape/reliable, so we could leave the pack n play at home?

We've been to Paris a few times, so we're already aware of the tiny room sizes, but this will be our first time traveling with our son, and never stayed here before, so I'm wondering if any parents out there have any personal experience with this hotel, and what we might need? Thanks for the help!

-Derek
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
A few years ago we received a one class upgrade to the "larger" room. This is a wonderful property, but the "larger" room is very small. You surely could not do with the smaller standard room, and, IMO, usage of even the "larger" room (assuming it's the same room as our one-class upgrade) would be marginal in your circumstances. Great property and great location, but are you sure it's the right choice in your circumstances, considering the room size? I would guess that the standard rooms at the CE property and the Parc Trocadero property would be substantially larger. (The PT from personal experience and the CE from all reports here.) Good luck and enjoy. By the way Derek, how did you choose your creative FT handle?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:23 pm

ohmark, good points. I was definitely concerned about paying for the upgrade, and finding out that I couldn't fit a pack n play anyways. We've stayed at the CE before too, and it definitely will be my second choice. I do remember the std. room being a pretty good size, but I'm torn because I prefer this location a lot better. Plus, I was kind of looking to try something new, but I'm certainly not going to be disappointed if we ended up staying at the CE.

You'll have to ignore the FT handle...back when I first created the account, I was in a rush, and I wasn't sure how much personal info I wanted to share since I've had some accounts hacked in the past, so there you go. I wish there was more mystery and intrigue there
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:38 am

Now that I have some more insight on the room sizes of the CE vs. the Vendome, does anyone have any comments/suggestions/experience on the cribs for either of these specific hotels? I'm still interested to see what parents' thoughts are on the crib vs. bringing a pack n play? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, Marriott, Priority Club
Hello-
Have you looked at Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero? We booked a family room with a king bed and a pull out sofa. We had two ten year olds with us and had plenty of room. We actually left the sofa bed pulled out most days. There was a fridge under the tv, the windows could open for fresh air, and there was a little grocery store right down the street on the same side. We were able to buy yogurt, deli meats, bread/cheese/fruit and drinks for the room. The other upside...other than being a short walk to the Tower, the red bus (I don't know what you call it, double decker tour bus) had a stop at the end of the street as well. We used it as our main transportation with the kids as it was so easy to jump on and off.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:40 am

nickelfish, thanks for the details. Everyone seems to have high marks for Le Parc Trocadero, and I realize that it could be a better value at cat 7, so I've been keeping that in mind as well. I still prefer the Vendome location the most, but I'm definitely appreciating the personal experiences at the other locations.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:20 am
Suspended

You may not be permitted to have more than 2 people in a room. Yes, I know, your child will hardly be considered a full adult, but nevertheless, the hotel could be very, very picky.

Better that you clear this with the hotel prior to your stay to see if this is permissible. If you don't, you could argue all you want at the front desk and they not budge. Not a great way to spend a vacation.

Forewarned is forearmed. @:-)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 74571945052809
nickelfish, thanks for the details. Everyone seems to have high marks for Le Parc Trocadero, and I realize that it could be a better value at cat 7, so I've been keeping that in mind as well. I still prefer the Vendome location the most, but I'm definitely appreciating the personal experiences at the other locations.
IMO there's no doubt that the Vendome is the best location of the Marriott Paris properties for most tourists. Le Parc is not bad though. Walking distance to the Trocadero and E. Tower, and to a number of metros. Parisian neighborhood. Great Parisian infants' clothing boutique and also a children's shoe boutique right across the street. Gourmet Alain Ducasse restaurant on premises. Very nice comped breakfast service 7-days for plats (golds?). Property has been undergoing extensive renovations, which may be completed (check with hotel).
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
You may not be permitted to have more than 2 people in a room. Yes, I know, your child will hardly be considered a full adult, but nevertheless, the hotel could be very, very picky.

Better that you clear this with the hotel prior to your stay to see if this is permissible. If you don't, you could argue all you want at the front desk and they not budge. Not a great way to spend a vacation.

Forewarned is forearmed. @:-)
That's good advice. I'll have to be careful to clear that with whatever hotel we end up choosing. Never had to consider this stuff prior to having kids, so the suggestions definitely help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.