Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Yikes

We had a three night stay that management, kindly, allowed us to shorten to one night. We were traveling with our three year old and have been to Paris many times. We know rooms are small and rates are high. As a Platinum member I decided to try this. My wife could not stand the jail cell feel of the rooms. It was almost claustrophobic. Theres small and then theres small with a tiny window looking at a wall and no air in the room (that is a Platinum upgrade room). But decor is nice and clean. Staff very friendly.

Other issue is the place lacked a Parisian buzz. Just seemed like. Place to sleep for the night.

Again. Management was very gracious.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It appears that Maria is (temporarily?) not at the Vendome as I received this automatic response today when emailing her today "Thank you for your message. I am out for new challenges and preparing a new exciting Marriott Hotel opening in Paris since 22nd February 2018. For any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Menikieu at +33 1 40 20 20 00 or email her at [email protected] and she would be delighted to assist you!

Best wishes,

MARIA PROTOIS SENIOR ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER"
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plt, , UAL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
That's too bad about Maria. Selfishly, I hope it is temporary. We arrive in early May, and she's always been super helpful with upgrades.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Renard
It appears that Maria is (temporarily?) not at the Vendome as I received this automatic response today when emailing her today "Thank you for your message. I am out for new challenges and preparing a new exciting Marriott Hotel opening in Paris since 22nd February 2018. For any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Menikieu at +33 1 40 20 20 00 or email her at [email protected] and she would be delighted to assist you!

Best wishes,

MARIA PROTOIS SENIOR ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER"
What's the new hotel?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Excerpt from a press release about Renaissance brand:

"with the completion of a multi-million dollar renovation of Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel this month. Designed by Didier Gomez, the intimate 97-room hotel is inspired by the fashion designers and jewelers that have had their salons in the square. With creatively layered patterns and textures throughout the interiors, each guestroom features statement art pieces of French feminine style that wrap the ceiling, a signature of the brand. The hotel’s transformation is anchored by its new cocktail bar & restaurant Balagan – a Hebrew name meaning “Joyful Bazar” – born of a collaboration between the renowned Experimental Group, acclaimed Israeli chefs Assaf Granit and Uri Navon, and the designer Dorothe Meilichzon, which opened last year.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:18 am

Balagan:

Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What's the new hotel?
I believe she moved to Hotel de Berri, LC,

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

"with the completion of a multi-million dollar renovation of Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel this month. Designed by Didier Gomez, the intimate 97-room hotel is inspired by the fashion designers and jewelers that have had their salons in the square. With creatively layered patterns and textures throughout the interiors, each guestroom features statement art pieces of French feminine style that wrap the ceiling, a signature of the brand. The hotels transformation is anchored by its new cocktail bar & restaurant Balagan a Hebrew name meaning Joyful Bazar born of a collaboration between the renowned Experimental Group, acclaimed Israeli chefs Assaf Granit and Uri Navon, and the designer Dorothe Meilichzon, which opened last year.
This got me really excited for my stay this summer! I really hope the room looks the same as the pictures. Boutique Luxury Hotel in Paris City Center Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

"with the completion of a multi-million dollar renovation of Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel this month. Designed by Didier Gomez, the intimate 97-room hotel is inspired by the fashion designers and jewelers that have had their salons in the square. With creatively layered patterns and textures throughout the interiors, each guestroom features statement art pieces of French feminine style that wrap the ceiling, a signature of the brand. The hotels transformation is anchored by its new cocktail bar & restaurant Balagan a Hebrew name meaning Joyful Bazar born of a collaboration between the renowned Experimental Group, acclaimed Israeli chefs Assaf Granit and Uri Navon, and the designer Dorothe Meilichzon, which opened last year.
Sharon, thanks for the update. I'll be there next week for my first stay at this property, after previous stays at MR CE. I'm there for a week and with only La Petite rooms remaining available for my dates, I'm happy that I booked a larger Prestige room. I'll report back after my stay.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Sharon, thanks for the update. I'll be there next week for my first stay at this property, after previous stays at MR CE. I'm there for a week and with only La Petite rooms remaining available for my dates, I'm happy that I booked a larger Prestige room. I'll report back after my stay.
Look forward to your trip report!

Cheers.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:22 am

Had no idea they were doing construction on the hotel. I have a 5 night stay coming up at the beginning of June, expecting the place to be busy.

Does this location generally give any benefits to Platinum members other than breakfast?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Love this property, and love the location even more. But, don't expect a large room with the "larger Prestige room." Larger, only in the sense of relative to the tiny regular rooms.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Posting cause this thread got bumped. Stayed here last summer. The location is terrific as it's pretty central to a lot of different areas to walk to in Paris, however, the hotel itself was nothing to ride home about. Rooms were super tiny (our "upgraded room" was tiny even by normal standards). I probably wouldn't stay again when I go back to Paris -- would opt for Champs Elysse,
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Posting cause this thread got bumped. Stayed here last summer. The location is terrific as it's pretty central to a lot of different areas to walk to in Paris, however, the hotel itself was nothing to ride home about. Rooms were super tiny (our "upgraded room" was tiny even by normal standards). I probably wouldn't stay again when I go back to Paris -- would opt for Champs Elysse,
I think you would like either the Renaissance Republique or Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
Love this property, and love the location even more. But, don't expect a large room with the "larger Prestige room." Larger, only in the sense of relative to the tiny regular rooms.
Yes, fully aware of that. prestige rooms are roughly the same size as regular guest rooms at CE. I thought I'd stay here to checkout the difference between properties.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Stayed here last summer. The location is terrific as it's pretty central to a lot of different areas to walk to in Paris, however, the hotel itself was nothing to ride home about. Rooms were super tiny (our "upgraded room" was tiny even by normal standards). I probably wouldn't stay again when I go back to Paris -- would opt for Champs Elysse,
Between your and Ohmark's comments, and since CE is going to 60K points on August 1, decided to use my cat 9 cert for CE instead.

By cancelling my Vendome reservation I save $650 USD upgrade fee to the prestige room which is the same size as the regular room at CE. Plus there are only petite rooms left for my stay dates at Vendome so definitely no upgrade, whereas there are numerous larger room types and junior suites available at CE for potential upgrade. I've usually have received some sort of upgrade at CE, although never to a suite or junior suite.

I actually like CE location as you step out right into the hubbub. It's touristy, but that's OK because for all intents and purposes I'm a tourist.

Next year I'll stay at someplace new since CE will be over priced IMO.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:43 am
Suspended

Yes, fully aware of that. prestige rooms are roughly the same size as regular guest rooms at CE. I thought I'd stay here to checkout the difference between properties.

Between your and Ohmark's comments, and since CE is going to 60K points on August 1, decided to use my cat 9 cert for CE instead.

By cancelling my Vendome reservation I save $650 USD upgrade fee to the prestige room which is the same size as the regular room at CE. Plus there are only petite rooms left for my stay dates at Vendome so definitely no upgrade, whereas there are numerous larger room types and junior suites available at CE for potential upgrade. I've usually have received some sort of upgrade at CE, although never to a suite or junior suite.

I actually like CE location as you step out right into the hubbub. It's touristy, but that's OK because for all intents and purposes I'm a tourist.

Next year I'll stay at someplace new since CE will be over priced IMO.
What a waste of points. The Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel isn't even that nice of a hotel. It's just a slightly nicer version of a vanilla Marriott. And getting an upgrade to a suite there is going to be very, very difficult.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.