Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by SFOsnow
As a Plat, I was upgraded there while staying on points. They also offered an excellent free buffet breakfast for Plats in the very stylish restaurant on their first floor, which is popular for dinner.
Do you mind stating what the upgrade was? I just booked a 5 night stay with points and paid the extra 100 euros per night for the larger room. Also Plat.

I consider saving the 500 euros and requesting an upgrade.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't sure about breakfast and am glad to hear that it's available. I'd love an upgrade, as we're going for a birthday and to demonstrate to the city that I live up to my user name.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Do you mind stating what the upgrade was? I just booked a 5 night stay with points and paid the extra 100 euros per night for the larger room. Also Plat.

I consider saving the 500 euros and requesting an upgrade.
I would save the 500 EUR and take your chances...no reason to pay for an upgrade as a Plat.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any chance of a junior suite upgrade from a larger room as Plat? The Marriott online rate is about 100 euros for the suite compared to the larger room.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Is there a chance? Yes, there is always a chance.

Is it possible? Yes, it is always possible.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Is there a chance? Yes, there is always a chance.

Is it possible? Yes, it is always possible.
thanks. Could you recommend someone to contact by email in advance? Worked for me in Sydney recently. Room with a great view of the Opera house.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Nice property. I've been in at least 5 rooms here, and they range from smallish to decent size, and there is a Junior suite with a Patio on the ground floor inner courtyard. I wouldn't take that one though, it feels like a Hampton Inn room. All the other rooms are nice too, but beware, some are smoking.

An excellent breakfast is provided for Platinum. Excellent bar right across the street.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
thanks. Could you recommend someone to contact by email in advance? Worked for me in Sydney recently. Room with a great view of the Opera house.
A few days before your stay begins, you will receive an email. In it, you can use the virtual concierge to make a request. If you are celebrating a special occasion, that always helps.

Someone else might have the GM's email as well.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moman
Nice property. I've been in at least 5 rooms here, and they range from smallish to decent size, and there is a Junior suite with a Patio on the ground floor inner courtyard. I wouldn't take that one though, it feels like a Hampton Inn room. All the other rooms are nice too, but beware, some are smoking.

An excellent breakfast is provided for Platinum. Excellent bar right across the street.
That's a problem for us. Are they restricted to one floor? Is the Marriott Champs Elysees totally non-smoking?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Originally Posted by SFOsnow
.....They also offered an excellent free buffet breakfast for Plats in the very stylish restaurant on their first floor, which is popular for dinner....
This free breakfast buffet you mention was on a Rewards stay or paid stay?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
wouldn't matter as this property does not have a lounge and since its not one of those exempt "resorts" plats get brekkie.....

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
This free breakfast buffet you mention was on a Rewards stay or paid stay?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From July 27 - September 7, 2014, stay any night and enjoy these member exclusive extras:

- Daily breakfast for two at Pinxo restaurant
- Two day museum pass (free access and no-queue to over 60 museums and monuments)
- Half bottle of fine Champagne upon arrival
- 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points per stay
- 10% rebate card at the renowned Galeries Lafayette Department Store

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: September 7, 2014
Promotional Code: MR5
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
area restaurant recommendations?

Any recommendations for dinner in the area? Aware of the Irish pub, although never dined there.

Last edited by ohmark; Sep 13, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RetailTherapy
I've searched the forums, but haven't found an answer for my specific question.

For those who've stayed at the RV in Paris, what kind of amenities have you received as Platinum guest? An upgrade? Free breakfast? It seems that the CE Marriott is much preferred, but I've stayed in that vicinity before and it isn't at all to my liking.

Thoughts?
I stayed here last September with my wife on an awards stay (I am platinum). We were upgraded to a bigger room (still pretty small) but it did offer a small balcony overlooking the street and was on the top floor. We also received free breakfast daily for 2, which was a pretty good deal as I think they charged something like 30 Euro per person. I would never pay that much, but it was a decent buffet. There is no lounge and they didn't offer anything in lieu of that besides the free breakfast.

The hotel's rooms are small and I don't think I would pay what they were asking for a room (more than 500 euro a night, and that was for their smallest rooms), but the location is really good. Close to many restaurants, museums and metro stops.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Again asking whether any FTer's might have suggestions for restaurants they liked in the area for dinner. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.