Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Miami-Brickell [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Miami-Brickell [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
The construction around this property is pretty inconvenient. Construction is on 3 sides of the hotel, with street blockages right in front of the hotel. During the daytime, the construction causes some traffic headaches. Even though they put me in a room as far from the construction as possible, I was still woken up at 7am with construction noise.

While there are really no other SPG options in Brickell, I'm planning to avoid this property until some of the construction in the area diminishes.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:57 am

I just spent about four weeks at the property as a Platinum. Good stay overall.

The property gave me a nice upgrade, which was appreciated given the long stay. Room included a small fridge (that I didn't request), so these may be standard. Typical aloft furnishings/decor. That said, I noticed while the room was very clean, it just wasn't constructed that well - hooks in the bathroom were loose etc (just little things). Not a big problem, however.

Housekeeping was solid. Although Green Choice was a bit odd... some days I'd get certs and housekeeping, other days no certs and no housekeeping. I've also had to follow-up about getting the points to post.

Platinum breakfast is in the 'backyard' off the lobby, including yogurt, cold cuts, fruits, toast, cereal etc - all pretty simple. Cost is normally $10.

Simple gym and pool that gets morning/mid-day sun.

The staff were all pleasant.

Like nearly everywhere in Brickell, there's some construction ongoing. The development across the street to the west appeared to be stalled, as I never saw anyone working on it. To the south another building is going up. I faced south and east and it didn't bother me, but I was generally up at 7am weekdays anyway. North facing rooms may be the best until that building is up.

All in all a good stay, and I'd definitely return.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
In at this Aloft for my last of a three night stay and have very few complaints. I came with conceptions about Alofts and they were again confirmed. The thru-the-wall A/C unit was a bit on the noisy side and the complete lack of drawer space generally militates against longer stays. Otherwise the room was in good shape, very large and with a north-facing balcony. I too had a small refrigerator under the sink.

Forget about which side is away from any new building construction since it appears that there is something going up on every side of this hotel. However, the noise in my room was minimal. The valet parking was well-staffed, quick, and efficient

My main complaint was the complete FAIL when I had requested a 730 wake-up call. It just did not ever come.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just completed a stay here. Quite underwhelmed.

1- Suites are large but horribly designed. Do NOT use your SNAs to get them, it is not worth it. All the extra Suite space is placed in an alcove area (near the door and bathroom, but not IN the bathroom or room. As such, it is simply 100% wasted space. I've never seen a hotel room like it - and it is the worst design ever.

2- The Plat breakfast is as makin'miles described above. Quite poor imo, but this is an aLoft and I didn't expect much. As a Plat I was given a little card to show to get the breakfast for free. I showed it every day and the waitress/hostess checked me off on some paper. Yet at checkout I was charged for breakfast which required a call to the aloft to have it credited back. Annoying.

3- The gym is terribly small and the one weight machine is broken.

4- The front desk staff is super pleasant and helpful although that is truly the best thing about this place. The hard product is no good.

5- The housekeeping ignored my DND on checkout day and knocked. I opened the door. The lady wanted to know when I was leaving so she could clean. I said, I'm a Platinum and I'd be checking out at 4pm. I also pointed at the DND and asked her if that meant anything to her. She responded by shrugging her shoulders and saying she needed to know what time I was checking out so she could clean. I told her that was not an acceptable answer and that she needed to go down to the front desk to ask them BEFORE knocking as they knew my checkout time. Disturbing guests with DND was not proper. She walked away.

6- The valets are friendly but scratched my car and didn't say a word about it. They held my door open for me when I walked down (I called for my car) and therefore didn't see the scratch until later that day. Sly on their part. I realize things happen at valets and it was just a rental car - but still to hide it like that is not right.

7- The location is good - near the restaurant/bar area of Brickell. It's a small area but the best they have in downtown.

8- The closet and area to put clothes is super tiny. Even in the Suite which has so much space. It's just unacceptable for anything more than a 1 or 2 night stay.

9- Surprised to hear this property is only 3 years old. It felt really old. The room was already beat up and in poor condition.

I do not recommend this property and will not return.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just completed a stay here. Quite underwhelmed.

1- Suites are large but horribly designed. Do NOT use your SNAs to get them, it is not worth it. All the extra Suite space is placed in an alcove area (near the door and bathroom, but not IN the bathroom or room. As such, it is simply 100% wasted space. I've never seen a hotel room like it - and it is the worst design ever.

2- The Plat breakfast is as makin'miles described above. Quite poor imo, but this is an aLoft and I didn't expect much. As a Plat I was given a little card to show to get the breakfast for free. I showed it every day and the waitress/hostess checked me off on some paper. Yet at checkout I was charged for breakfast which required a call to the aloft to have it credited back. Annoying.

3- The gym is terribly small and the one weight machine is broken.

4- The front desk staff is super pleasant and helpful although that is truly the best thing about this place. The hard product is no good.

5- The housekeeping ignored my DND on checkout day and knocked. I opened the door. The lady wanted to know when I was leaving so she could clean. I said, I'm a Platinum and I'd be checking out at 4pm. I also pointed at the DND and asked her if that meant anything to her. She responded by shrugging her shoulders and saying she needed to know what time I was checking out so she could clean. I told her that was not an acceptable answer and that she needed to go down to the front desk to ask them BEFORE knocking as they knew my checkout time. Disturbing guests with DND was not proper. She walked away.

6- The valets are friendly but scratched my car and didn't say a word about it. They held my door open for me when I walked down (I called for my car) and therefore didn't see the scratch until later that day. Sly on their part. I realize things happen at valets and it was just a rental car - but still to hide it like that is not right.

7- The location is good - near the restaurant/bar area of Brickell. It's a small area but the best they have in downtown.

8- The closet and area to put clothes is super tiny. Even in the Suite which has so much space. It's just unacceptable for anything more than a 1 or 2 night stay.

9- Surprised to hear this property is only 3 years old. It felt really old. The room was already beat up and in poor condition.

I do not recommend this property and will not return.
Do you have any photos? That would help illustrate point No. 1

I was thinking of staying here and the W Miami.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Do you have any photos? That would help illustrate point No. 1

I was thinking of staying here and the W Miami.
I do not have any photos. Do not waste SNAs here - if they give you a Suite upgrade for free take it, but you'll see. The suite is absurd. The room you stay in is normal aloft mini size. Then on the other side of a wall to your room is an alcove with a giant empty space. Then off to the side if the sink and shower. It's ridiculous.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I do not have any photos. Do not waste SNAs here - if they give you a Suite upgrade for free take it, but you'll see. The suite is absurd. The room you stay in is normal aloft mini size. Then on the other side of a wall to your room is an alcove with a giant empty space. Then off to the side if the sink and shower. It's ridiculous.
Thanks! I wouldn't use an award at an aloft anyway. Of the Aloft properties I've been in, sans the Downtown Dallas property, to me they are places to use if you're arriving late or departing early and just need a place to sleep.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:57 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I had a suite in this hotel and my thoughts are the same as TravelinSperry.
As an aside, I used SNAs at the Aloft Asheville NC and got a fantastic room although that hotel is a cut above the other Alofts I have been in.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Thanks! I wouldn't use an award at an aloft anyway. Of the Aloft properties I've been in, sans the Downtown Dallas property, to me they are places to use if you're arriving late or departing early and just need a place to sleep.
Originally Posted by abk
As an aside, I used SNAs at the Aloft Asheville NC and got a fantastic room although that hotel is a cut above the other Alofts I have been in.
I got a suite in the aloft Orlando and was quite happy. A huge large suite that would be worthy of SNAs (although it was complimentary). So it isn't true that one should never use SNAs at aloft imo. But at this property do not do it.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abk
staying here for 3 nights later this month....i'm using snas here for the simple reason that i will be traveling with 4 large bags full of files for my case....i need space in the room just to store the bags & the files....also, my colleagues & i will be working out of the room a lot so the extra space would be appreciated....a regular size room just wouldn't do....

they have 3 types of suites available....the savvy suite with a king, sofa bed & balcony which is 400 ft˛, the aloft suite with a king bed & balcony which is 506 ft˛ & the ultra savvy suite with a king, sofa bed & 2 balconies which is 485 ft˛....do any of these sound like the suite either one of you had????
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
staying here for 3 nights later this month....i'm using snas here for the simple reason that i will be traveling with 4 large bags full of files for my case....i need space in the room just to store the bags & the files....also, my colleagues & i will be working out of the room a lot so the extra space would be appreciated....a regular size room just wouldn't do....

they have 3 types of suites available....the savvy suite with a king, sofa bed & balcony which is 400 ft˛, the aloft suite with a king bed & balcony which is 506 ft˛ & the ultra savvy suite with a king, sofa bed & 2 balconies which is 485 ft˛....do any of these sound like the suite either one of you had????
I didn't have a sofa bed - so likely had the aloft suite.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I didn't have a sofa bed - so likely had the aloft suite.
got it....i'll use the suite nights for the other suite types then....
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:25 pm

I think they only have one Ultra Savvy Suite - I was in it for a month last year. Its great... walk into a living room with sofa, living room and (plastic rocking) chair, and off to the right is a separate bedroom. There isn't a door between the two, but they are very much separate rooms and it'd be fair to call it a full suite. Small balconies of both rooms.

Particularly if you want space, I wouldn't hesitate to use an SNA for this room - however as I think there's only one, you may be less successful.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makin'miles
I think they only have one Ultra Savvy Suite - I was in it for a month last year. Its great... walk into a living room with sofa, living room and (plastic rocking) chair, and off to the right is a separate bedroom. There isn't a door between the two, but they are very much separate rooms and it'd be fair to call it a full suite. Small balconies of both rooms.

Particularly if you want space, I wouldn't hesitate to use an SNA for this room - however as I think there's only one, you may be less successful.
just got a confirmation email this morning for the ultra savvy suite....
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abk
just checked out after a 3 night stay & i was very happy with my ultra savvy suite....

i was talking with a manager at this property a couple of days ago during breakfast & he asked me how my stay was going....i told him it was fine & i was happy with my room & glad i didn't get one of the odd shaped suites travelinsperry & abk describe above....he seemed surprised with my description & said that those were not suites but rather oversized aloft rooms....he said they had 3 suite types which were the savvy suite, the ultra savvy suite & the aloft suite....each came with a sofabed & a separate sitting area....

i asked him if it was possible to see one of the oversized aloft rooms & he happily obliged....after seeing the room i understood exactly what travelinsperry meant & i would have been extremely disappointed if i was to have received such a room against a suite night....however, the manager confirmed that this room was not a suite & the type of room they usually upgrade plat members to because it is larger in size....he also confirmed that this room was not included in the sna pool, which has the 3 suite types i mentioned above....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.