Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dubai Mall of The Emirates Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
OR: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Dubai Mall of The Emirates Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed here last week for a Marriott Moment, service was excellent at the reception area and in general very friendly. The mall location is a massive plus for us and was extremely convenient. I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast spread having done a few days in La Ville before coming here, their breakfast was 10x better!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Should I hide a note for you in my room? I'm in an 01 room right now. I did that at the Fairmont Singapore in one of my first penthouse stays as my friend was hoping to get the same suite. He never did, but I've had the same suite a few times, and my note was still where I hid it. @nomadic.relief had my penthouse suite a few years ago, and found my note (with instructions on where I had hidden it.) Now that they are renovating that Fairmont, I imagine it will be gone forever.
go for it....i'm here for 3 nights starting on the 26th of this month....
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Keyser
go for it....i'm here for 3 nights starting on the 26th of this month....

Done! I’ll send you a PM with my room number and where to find the note. 😊

Big hotel though. It may take a few months/years before you land in that room. LOL
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Big hotel though. It may take a few months/years before you land in that room. LOL
i could always ask them to assign me that room & they probably would....i know the gm & the front desk managers quite well now....but that would be no fun....

i have 8-10 stays planned here during the course of the year so lets see if i get lucky with the same room....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I stayed here last week for a Marriott Moment, service was excellent at the reception area and in general very friendly. The mall location is a massive plus for us and was extremely convenient. I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast spread having done a few days in La Ville before coming here, their breakfast was 10x better!
Agree with your comments about the restaurant breakfast (& the Exec Lounge brekkie too) being somewhat lacking, which I had mentioned to them each time I stayed. Otherwise a really excellent property & a truly convenient location, with great service. Highly recommended.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:02 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
What is the difference in the views between xx01 and xx39, any recommendations? Do you just book the classic room and usually get the suite?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zol
What is the difference in the views between xx01 and xx39, any recommendations? Do you just book the classic room and usually get the suite?
the view from the xx01 suites are better....i always book the cheapest classic room & get a suite....let me know when you are staying there & i can pass on your info to the manager....
Zol likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:12 pm
Zol

the view from the xx01 suites are better....i always book the cheapest classic room & get a suite....let me know when you are staying there & i can pass on your info to the manager....
Appreciated, will do and might see you there. I am still tossing up between Sheraton MOE and Grand Sheraton.

Is xx01 facing downtown or Jumeirah?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zol
Appreciated, will do and might see you there. I am still tossing up between Sheraton MOE and Grand Sheraton.

facing jumeirah....

i've stayed at both hotels & prefer the mall of emirates property....
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just checked out & i had the same suite type but not the room with the hidden note....lets see what room they assign me for my stay next month....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Zol

difficult one to be honest, Grand is newer and has a equally good location (being near the airport and downtown area) however MOE location is good for Marina and Palm area and obviously good to walk around direct into MOE. It largely depends on what your plan is in DXB.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grand is newer and has a equally good location (being near the airport and downtown area).
the sheraton grand is about 10 km from the airport so i wouldn't call that 'near'....
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:48 pm
Zol

difficult one to be honest, Grand is newer and has a equally good location (being near the airport and downtown area) however MOE location is good for Marina and Palm area and obviously good to walk around direct into MOE. It largely depends on what your plan is in DXB.
Hence the dilemma, leaning towards Grand for location but MOE appears to have better experience based on feedback on here plus never harms to be near a mall (except for traffic!)

the sheraton grand is about 10 km from the airport so i wouldn't call that 'near'....
True but airport proximity is not a factor anyway
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zol
True but airport proximity is not a factor anyway
fair enough....i was just responding to abucordoba's post that the property was near the airport....
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I'm heading here for a one-nighter - looking forward to trying it out after many years. Curious if I'll find the note that @Margarita_girl left in her suite...

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.